Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Laces

Going to AF

12 posts in this topic

I just enlisted yesterday and I seriously hope that I'm making the right decision for myself. Im not sure exactly what to expect in BMT but I'm already freaking out about it a little bit. I signed up for 6 years. If anyone has anything positive they think would help me prepare for this, please let me know! I'll need all the help I can get. Thanks GS.C

-Laces

to tell you the truth, i think you will make it... no sweat, well yea maybe but you know what i mean, i hope... i just had a friend finish Basic. to tell you the truth i was a lil worried thinkin she might not make cuz she is a lil soft, but she did it. and shes even more happy with her life. so you should have no problem.

positive....... :lol: at least you were smart and went air force.

I went to Army basic so Im sure its a lot different. The only thing I can tell you is to do as much physical training as you can before you go. Everything else is just memorization and stupid games they play with your mind. Just remember that to most DI its just a game. Unless your a fuck up I wouldnt really take what they tell you personally.

ummm.. other then that,Never volunteer for anything, Never be first or last, and never turn around when they yell "hey you".. ohh and only talk in front of them if you have to.

I know a guy who just joined the AF and went through basic in the Fall. He's French too, so he took a lot of shit for that, but he still made it. :wacko: Anyways, yeah the running joke is that it should be called the Chairforce, because all you do is sit in a chair and push buttons(see http://www.chairforce.com/ )

well compared to other branches, for boot camp, physical training, and just over work attitude the AF is the easiest one.

basically bueno covered it all, DI's are just doing their job, be loud and fast, and everything they do actually has a purpose, even all the stupid games

AF is the best choice. Not only do you not really have to work as hard, you get better duty stations, less chance of dying, and they actually take care of their servicemen! YAY!

I wish you luck man Basic was easy just alot of mind games from the TI's juts ignorethem and do what you gotta do. look forward to the M16 training its a great stress reliever. well good luck

Guest ooosupra92ooo

God is by your side. It will all be good! :)

I joined back in 2000 and I though basic was a breeze.....you'll be fine....just take it one day at a time and before you know it, you'll be in your blue marching the parade pad