Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

melvenorc12

[GS.C Meetups and Compilations] Norcal Meetup 2007

53 posts in this topic

didnt say this but ghost... your combos look sic... :)

agreed! =]

and btw Gh0st, i noticed that thing with the glasses too :P.

dude really tho, how long have u been sticking, ur dam good in both stringing and freehand. :)

sry but i thought i had to get this out...

you guys notice that poster of a glassed-man on the glass when i was stringin? for some reason, it seems like there was 2 of me there -.-

oh damn, I thought it was mad raver rai glowstringing ;)

agreed! =]

and btw Gh0st, i noticed that thing with the glasses too :P.

dude really tho, how long have u been sticking, ur dam good in both stringing and freehand. :)

I've been sticking for about 2 years... i started out freehand... hardcore practice like for the first 6 months... but then i didnt wanna limit myself on freehanding so i went onto learning stringing... didnt spent as much time as i did on freehand, so thats the story

oh damn, I thought it was mad raver rai glowstringing ;)

Right! I got alot of that during the meet-up... wl the bangs and the UFO pants and all... BUT SERIOUSLY... wouldnt it be awesome to see MadRaverRai string? =P

Right! I got alot of that during the meet-up... wl the bangs and the UFO pants and all... BUT SERIOUSLY... wouldnt it be awesome to see MadRaverRai string? =P

lol... that's cool...

btw, thanks for making my day even though I might have ticked you off, but that "I'm from gsc.com" line just cracks me up :P

yea i knoe, i cracked myself up.. i actually told dave that after the meet-up.. he didnt say anythin about it cause he planned to make fun of me, lol

i jux hope that i dun get brain damage from shakin my head that much back and forth... that would suck

EDIT: i forgot to mention that my stringing would not be possible if i didnt borrow Cody's strings... THNX Cody!

BUMP!! everyone gotta see me say gsc.com!! lol jk... but this is one video u dun wanna miss

Look at Gh0st's sexy string manip at exactly 8:00. Pro stringer and freehander. Everyone in the vid is VERY good. I wish i was there.. but theres always next year right?!

you sound like u knoe me... but it doesnt matter, i have a pretty good guess of who u are, Stealth...

it was just amazing to see everyone together and the video was really well put together. yay!

on another note, dave you are really smooth while sticking, and rob, nice, very nice.

I’ve been looking through this thread since the very beginning. Just wanted to see what people thought of it before I added in my own thoughts.

Anyway, I thought the video was very well done, and I knew Brian would pull through with an awesome video. The video captures the vibe of the meetup pretty well I think, especially with the interviews.

I like how this video has a greater emphasis on freehand, because I feel that freehanding is becoming more and more of a lost art, due to stringing’s rising popularity. I really liked the freehand sections in the video. I find it fascinating how everyone has a different style, but we all share similar moves.

The weather conditions on that day were pretty wet, so my glowsticks got wet as well as the bottom of my pants. It was hard to do a lot of footstalls and some other moves, but I did what I could. I think everyone was a little bit off that night, simply because of the rain only.

Everyone still did awesome in the video though, each and every one of you. The group is coming along just fine…there has been major improvements in terms of glowsticking…and I only hope that it continues. I’m not going to list individual names, because that would take a long time, but I just wanted to say that I’m proud of you guys, that’s all.

After the collapse of NCR, I pretty much went on a glowsticking hiatus for about one year (lost motivation). Since the summer of 2006, the group brought my interest back towards glowsticking. Honestly, I haven’t been this motivated in a long time.

I’m really happy that we made this video…Norcal just doesn’t get represented enough and is often overshadowed by other regions like Socal and the East Coast. The video is totally worth it, in my opinion.

I completely agree with you jeff, well said.

On the getting wet, I looked like a drowned rat by the time we made it to denny's, and stringing with soaked strings kind of burns your skin.

We need to plan an official annual NorCal meetup during times with better weather. Brian and I thought late summer/august would be a great time seeing as how the weather is nice, and the date is a couple months later than SoCal season.

LOL!! Ghost looks like madraverrai freehanding from far away with those UFO pants!! Hahaha ownage.

hooray, im actually in the video! kind of stringing... in the rain... really cold...

mebbe i wont have a wedding to go to next time XDDD

wow.

i'm blown away by the talent we have up here. so many new faces too! but then again, at this point, i suppose i'd be a new face. ;)

it was really nice seeing so much originality and creativeness coming from you all. this is the first vid i've seen in a long time that really had some unique styles that popped out at me.

keep on doing what you're doing! hopefully i'll be able to make it out to something one of these days.

wow.

i'm blown away by the talent we have up here. so many new faces too! but then again, at this point, i suppose i'd be a new face. ;)

it was really nice seeing so much originality and creativeness coming from you all. this is the first vid i've seen in a long time that really had some unique styles that popped out at me.

keep on doing what you're doing! hopefully i'll be able to make it out to something one of these days.

Dude, I'd flip if you made it out one of these days. Get on that shit, dude! You better be at Pop.

i love the whole vibe of the video. looked like everyone had fun. there was also some nice conjuring in there that haven't seen in quite a long long while.

its also nice to see more freehanding (some really good freehand i might add) since stringing seems to be more dominant lately.

after watching the video i'd love to go to a huge meetup like that here in chicago and would also like to see some more freehanders in action down here as well XD. everyone strings down here.