Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

melvenorc12

[GS.C Meetups and Compilations] Norcal Meetup 2007

53 posts in this topic

File Name :: Norcal Meetup 2007

Author :: melvenorc121

Category :: GS.C Meetups and Compilations

Screenshot :: Screenshot

Description ::

This is a compilation of glowsticking.com members that was made in San Francisco, CA on Febuary 10th during the Norcal Meetup.

You guys should watch this video, there's a lot of good footage of freehanding, stringing, and even conjuring.

Thanks to decipher86 and cynicdave for helping me film.

Thanks to nmestar99 and U4ia for the music.

Thanks to Queen of Spades for hosting the video.

And thanks to the glowsticking.com community =].

Song ID:

First Song: Daniel Kandi - Nova (Original Rise Mix)

Second Song: Greg Downey - Vivid Intent (Original Mix)

Enjoy :) .

View File

YES!

It's finally out. Thanks so much, Brian. Great job.

The coolest part is, I'm seeing so much awesome stuff that I must've missed while I was there. Jeff had some sick power moves I missed, gh0st was tearin' it up in the background there, great footage. It's nice to be able to add to the reminiscing.

one word:

wow :shocked:

great job on the editting brian

and thanks to all those who captured wonderful footage

that vid wuz very very well put together.. definately caught all the vibe and personalities of everyone there.. very epic.. plus all the footage of the sticking wuz very fluidly put together not choppy

OH.

MY.

GOD.

Why is everyone so damn good? Kick ass video Brian you really outdid yourself on this one. Nostalgia struck me hard on this one. Sweet meetup despite those crappy weather conditions.

Talent was off the charts on this one. I hope to see all you folks at a rave or party sometime.

Till the next event then...!

Guest Queen of Spades

God, I love this video.

I don't know why but I think I was blown away most by Jeff and Rob.

I mean, Rob stole the show with those sick ass hand stalls, but I was watching Jeff's part like

'Where the hell was I during this?'

It was a beauty to watch. :]

It was long; but fucking worth it.

If anybody ever asked me "wtf is glowsticking?" this is what I'd show them.

Crazy file size, but good quality. I liked dave's interviews and Robs stalls the most by far.

And of course, I hate my segment and think I wasn't into it and could've done so much better blah blah blah.

Great video

Not to downplay any of the comments already made, but let's get some opinions from outside the Bay Area too, yeah?

I was watching Jeff's part like 'Where the hell was I during this?'

I said the same thing!

You're my hero brian :D

"save me!" ;)

anyways, nice editing brian... your part should have been longer :( but still, it was pretty sick...

damn jeff w/ those power moves, it's so damn sweet...

lol, someone caught dave on a meet-up vid ;)

First i'd like to say, this was one for the records, the day was cold and rainy and weather never agreeing but still.......for all the harsh conditions, we had tons of fun, everyone rocked,,,,kinda felt like we were nomads changing location from location. one thing i found very neat was the variety of talent there both freehanders and stringers..... some knew how to toss, others were poi oriented, some new how to stall, others were very much into complex wraps.....i didnt see the interview part coming but its a definite plus. "dont battle kids" nice job brian :sm_sleep:

Damn, at least 99.9% of the people in that video are on glowsticking.com.

:)

Great video, loved the vibe, loved the difference of styles. I was impressed by the great conjuring/photon skills of the guys in there. Indianspicedrice was a name I've seen for a long time but never had any footage/face to associate with the name, so that was cool.

Hey jeff, where did you get those skillz huh? :D

And footage of james! Dave, how much did you bribe him with.

I like how Lee avoids running smack into Dave at 10:51. hahahah

Griever is now a machine. Nice job on those stalls.

Props to everyone involved, looked like a good time.

Wow, sick vid guys :dope good to see some nice new stuff. I haven't seen Fueledbyramen sticking since like 2004. Good to see he's still tearing it up-- love that old school Cali style.

Griever - wow, that was really impressive. you're tearing it up dude. the speed and the smoothness are really really nice. also those hand stalls were dope

Jeff/nmestar - damn dude, you've gotten so much better. your consistency is so sick, and I love all the quick tosses you do. what's most improved though is your style and smoothness. looked great dude.

Dave - well it's a given your section is gonna be sweet. but I love the movements you do while you stick-- so fluid.

stringers - stringing is not glowsticking :redface: haha just kidding. but a lot of good stuff there. I don't string anymore so I can't really offer anything heh.

overall awesome video guys, love the locations.

-edit-

wow I got inspired to practice from watching this vid :o)

first vid that's done that in a loooong time.

Guest Queen of Spades

I like how Lee avoids running smack into Dave at 10:51. hahahah

*giggles* Ohh rightt. That. Lawlz. Yeah I'm cool.

Btw I have to second what illezt said, this totally inspired me to practice more.

Great job guys, by everyone in the vid. All the styles were pretty tight. only thing though, about the interviews, a lot of those faces I've never seen before and a good amount I don't actually know the names of, so it would've been a bit more helpful to know the real names along with the usernames on the site, just to make a better association of who's who (maybe show the username while they said their real names, or just them saying their names AKA *insert username here*). And from "interview" I was actually expecting maybe just some insights from the different people who were there about the art/culture/ etc., but I guess I was mistaken.

In any case really nice vid guys. I really enjoyed the freehanding sections. I'm officially a Griever fan, lol. :dope

Great job, Norcal. Lets keep on spreading the art, the culture and the love for it overall in the way it shoud be. Kudos.

nice freehand everyone!!!

ange i love your stringing

Damn, at least 99.9% of the people in that video are on glowsticking.com.

yup that 0.01% is from gsc.com ;)

Not a single person has mentioned the finger thing at the very end. Y'all need to not close the movies as soon as the thank-you's come up. Watch it again - it's disgusting.

dang u caught me... i lurk from place to place, ok? =P

but to tell u the truth, I WAS NERVOUS!! so thus came out the words, "gsc.com" T_T

ANYWAYS!! awesome editting... but just wondering... how come i was everywhere... but Rob and Lee keep sayin where were they when things went on? U guys must have been focusing on sthn else =P

Everyone were awesome (as far as the ones i met) i really dun wanna comment this vid wl my "wow" "Wooo" and "Ahhh"s because u guys can see it urselves and be the judge of it.

so... awesome time, wish we can do it again... DURING NICE WEATHER...

So much awesomeness in Freehand!

So much awesomeness in stringing!

Dude, I wish I was there!

Looked like an ultra sick time despite the rain.

Fantastic Editing There, you guys. Cut well with the music, kept my attention the whole time and I have the flu! lol.

No Girl freehanders!?! WHY NOT! I wanna see Fanny and Lee do a little dance!

Awww. I really enjoyed the grevier awesomeness of hand stalls. God how Big are your hands? You gotta have some big hands to do that stuff, so that must mean, if your hands are big... other things must be big too... lol.

Jeff, my man, When did you really start pushing elements with the elbow pit catch, that stuff looks aweosme!

Legend, I like those funky steps.

Dave, how come I never caught you glowsticking at MY MEET UP?!

Maybe it was the whole ending at 8 thing.

Romances, you too man, you have some super sick tuts! I liked that heli spin behind your back too.

Good stuff that's some real freehand innovations goin on in Norcal.

Can't say much about stringing is that everyone is better than me. :)

-RG

Guest Queen of Spades

No Girl freehanders!?! WHY NOT! I wanna see Fanny and Lee do a little dance!

Lee had a broken open vein in her right hand and was too n00b to do much one handed freehanding.

She does, however, aim to have a video or something out by summer, so you shall see moar girl freehanders. :]

Btw, I did notice that finger thing when I first watched it. I was IMing Brian at the time.

That's more painful than watching Cody turn his hand 360degress.

Which is painful to watch too. D:

God how Big are your hands? You gotta have some big hands to do that stuff, so that must mean, if your hands are big... other things must be big too... lol.

You meant gloves, right?

Nah, you can still stall well and have a big ____ with little hands.

I used to be a hand model. :closedeyes:

That's more painful than watching Cody turn his hand 360degress.

Which is painful to watch too. D:

I think the Cody thing is worse. It looks even more unnatural. Can you imagine the freehanding possibilities with that shit? What a waste!

omg still ding it!! i want to see it already OMFG OMFGGGGGGGGG F#$# DL FASTER FASTER FASTERRRRR!!

it was so beautful!! robs a stalling god!!

sry but i thought i had to get this out...

you guys notice that poster of a glassed-man on the glass when i was stringin? for some reason, it seems like there was 2 of me there -.-