Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EchO

What's In A Name

118 posts in this topic

So one night at was at this bonfire party, and this kid came over and he took mushrooms I guess (hopefully thats not inappropriate) but his friends ended up leaving him at this party and he had no where to go, but my friend who I rode with to this party knew this kid, and when we were getting ready to leave he was just chilling in his car trippin out I guess. He started freaking out saying he couldn't go home and I was just like man I feel bad for this guy, so I ended up letting him come and stay at my house and I just chilled with him that night and got to know him.

The next time I ran into him he was like whats up Trebek and I was just like WTF, he thought my last name was Trebek...When its really Truscott. Iunno haha.

GlowingGenetLoki=

I like Glowing things :Glowing

My fursona is a Genet Cat: Genet

My fursona's name is Loki: Loki

:3

well lets see it kinda got stuck with me in high school ..... now i no its against all the rules here but back in the day b4 i even knew about gs.c i use to rave at my high school fashion shows... lets just say my school was pro on the rolling side..... just about everyone did it and everyone would go to the beach and i would be thier striningin my lil heart away.... and all the girls would call me raver kid... so that kinda stuck with me ....lol

I'm phenomenal.

Nuff' said.

:3

One of my very distant cousins (who I've never met) had a son a few years back. I heard from my grandma that she had named him Brevan. I thought that was a pretty cool name so I started using it as my name on mmorpg's. The extra "a" was added when I wanted the same name on a new character.

..and I have to agree with Phenomenon. haha

This has been my online screen name ever since I was a little kid.

Jeb = my initials

Sax = I am a jazz saxophonist

2006 = when I graduated High School

I chose T3KT0N!K because its a tribute to people who are important in my life.

Tim, Ethan, Kim, T.J., Projekt Zero, Nicole, Isaac, and Kate.

T, E, K, T, ZERO, N, I, K.

Just made it look cooler (to me) by making it into:

T 3 K T 0 N ! K

EDIT:

(oh, and Projekt Zero was name of our filming group a long time ago, but that ended in like... '06. but everyone listed was a part of it)

I really don't know why I picked this name...how do you change your name anyways?

my reason is so lame lol XD i wanted to do kitteh raver and that was take so i did pandaraver and that was taken so i did pandarave XP

The Beattoven is my stage name and music industry name.. and since im also an sound engineer one of my clients would add Mr. when he saw me. thus Mr.Beattoven was born upon the world of glowsticks.

I chose T3KT0N!K because its a tribute to people who are important in my life.

Tim, Ethan, Kim, T.J., Projekt Zero, Nicole, Isaac, and Kate.

T, E, K, T, ZERO, N, I, K.

Just made it look cooler (to me) by making it into:

T 3 K T 0 N ! K

EDIT:

(oh, and Projekt Zero was name of our filming group a long time ago, but that ended in like... '06. but everyone listed was a part of it)

That's ultimately badass, lol

So like... I wanted to be that person that everyone is like "ZOMG your name is the name of names, and I wish I had it and not you," because that's totally fucking possible right?

I had a hard time thinking of it, needless to say ; ; And it was getting to that point where I was like "Okay, D, just pick a name so you can post on the forums already you fool." The first thing that came to mind was kind of fight-club ish "What does this Yin-Yan coffee table say about my personality?" type deal. Which is how I came up with my first name, and it was a fail so I won't mention it, mostly because it was just my favorite color + a personality trait xD You figure out which one that is.

The name I go by now, Thesan, just sort of dawned on me one day *pun totally intended*

Thesan is the Etruscan goddess of the dawn, correspondent to the Greek Eos or Roman Aurora. If you don't know who the Etruscans are.. well, I'll spare you the history lesson. Originally I was going to go with Aurora, but a few things made me change my mind:

1) Aurora Borealis - It just seemed way too typical of a Glowsticker name

2) This is more the real reason - The word, Thes, from which the word Thesan derives has a lot to do with light. "Thesi" means "Illumination", "Thesviti" means "Famous" or "Clear", I'm assuming because the light makes things clear to see, and the more something is seen the more it is famous, "Thesanthei" means "divining" (as in divination) or "brilliant". Then, there is "Thesan", which simply means "dawn". They are all related, making Thesan not only the goddess of the dawn, but also of illumination in general, intellegence, and divination. This is because, just as the dawn sheds light upon a dark earth, making all things clearer to the eyes, so does divination shed light upon a dark future, making knowledge more attainable and thus all things clearer to the mind. She is also associated with childbirth, as the dawn is the beginning of the day just as birth is the beginning of life.

I'm a big mythology geek. Thesan is one of my favorite goddesses, along with Ixtab from the Mayans, but I won't give you all the details on that right now...

Basically, the goddess Thesan resonates a lot with things that have happened to me in the past, and my personal/spiritual beliefs. A bit after I heard of GS.C, I was having a conversation about these things, and I just thought it was a perfect fit...

..and that's how it happened.

A really comfy pair of shoes I had, 'SPARX' and when I started I learned glowstringing and poi first so spun kinda just tacked on easily. Sparkspun doesn't sound so good so Sparkiespun

Wow yours is all deep and stuff.

Me, I was just eating pancakes with syrup from my cousins from Canada. And I used to call Canada Canadia when I was little.

Yeahhh.... >.>

lol Mission accomplished.

By the way, I still call Canada "Canadia" xD. It just makes more sense that way. Like, I'm Canadian, from Canadia... You know?

LordHappyPants came about very recently, although it seems like a long time ago. It was prior to the release of Watchmen in theaters and I was very excited about it. I was looking at some random pics of the comic book and the smiley face got me thinking. It was really happy-looking soooooo..... yeah. Thus, LordHappyPants was born. Well, not really. Just the name. A lot of time I'm just lazy and refer to myself as just L. Oh, and the XIII is just my favorite number. I like it because lots of people think it's bad luck and all that jazz. Another name I just love to use is Hazenn Indigo Raven. A friend of mine had it made for me a year or so ago. What's awesome about it is that it uses all of the letters in my first and last name. (I have no middle name.) Try to figure it out if you like.

I'm Lord HappyPantsXIII and I approve this message.