Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EchO

What's In A Name

118 posts in this topic

mines kinda funny...

im a huge gamer, but im not too good at fps or rts... rpg is my thing

also, i had a huge spell of emo-ness during the winter... ((really fricken bad)) ... and im still kinda emo

so

my friends ((who also string/stick)) and i were playin videogames and i thought

"how funny of a screen-name would that be... I always seem to kill myself when we play videogames... and that's the emo stereotype..."

voila

Cpt.Suicide

((one of the only original names ive come up with))

^ UHP REPEAT POST!!!! haha, but its nice to read your 2nd description of your name

Depending on the Webpage I am using, I use a different screen name. For more serious web pages, I am Systemic, for games and the such, I am GIB/GuyInBlue, or Duke Of Antioc (my last name is Antico, its not a typo).

Systemic, means in English, of or relating to the entirety of the system.

I became interested in the Stock market last summer and needed a name for a web forum, that day there had been a minor power outage in the building I was in, and the janitor literally screamed,

"This system F$@^ing breaks down EVERY god damn week! I QUIT!"

Well, it was a memorable moment for me, so when the power came on, I logged in as "Systemic Failure", meaning total system-wide failure. It eventually became shortened to Systemic, and since this web page isn't all THAT serious, its speled with a K.

At raves however, I go by the name DOC. That is because the first time I took the pill, I became completely uncontrollable (I think it may have contained speed) and danced like I normally do a punk concerts (not suggested for raving). I was immediately nicknamed, "Out of Control", but since that is to long and hard to tell people in a rave, it was shortened to OOC. OOC is also a three syllable word, and was shortened to DOC, for Double O C.

illezt

nothing special, I first made it when I was still playing Counter-Strike. I was at a webcafe and someone had "illest" as their name, so being the 1337 AzN that I was, I changed the "s" to a "z" and the rest is history.

I want that biting bastard illz to explain his name here now >_<

(just kidding)

I got mine cuz I tried about 6 others before it and they were all taken...

^ UHP REPEAT POST!!!! haha, but its nice to read your 2nd description of your name

lol you're right, it is my second time. I totally forgot I ever posted here. :lol:

Got the name Syphon from a game, i don't know if you remember but it was the PS1, its called "Syphonfilter." yea well i took the Syphon out of the name and added killerwithsomechicken at the end of it... yea kinda weird "syphonkillerwithsomechiken" it was my nickname for Counter-Strike, so then i was like wow thats a bit of a mouthful... so... i shortened it to syphonkiller... after which created an SN with that name and was using it for all the MMORPG's i was playing at the time. I was then introduced to the art of glowsticking and i was just called patrick... so i went to my 1st meet up THIS 1

. at first when they announced the names i was called Patrick... so then after words i was like wait, everyone has a cool raver name except me... not cool... so i was thinking of using syphonkiller but i didn't want to use my SN so i just decided to go with Syphon, and thats one of the reasons they made the title to Glow work shop B instead of just simply Glow work shop lol based on a true story. ^^

Got the name Syphon from a game, i don't know if you remember but it was the PS1, its called "Syphonfilter." yea well i took the Syphon out of the name and added killerwithsomechicken at the end of it... yea kinda weird "syphonkillerwithsomechiken" it was my nickname for Counter-Strike, so then i was like wow thats a bit of a mouthful... so... i shortened it to syphonkiller... after which created an SN with that name and was using it for all the MMORPG's i was playing at the time. I was then introduced to the art of glowsticking and i was just called patrick... so i went to my 1st meet up THIS 1

. at first when they announced the names i was called Patrick... so then after words i was like wait, everyone has a cool raver name except me... not cool... so i was thinking of using syphonkiller but i didn't want to use my SN so i just decided to go with Syphon, and thats one of the reasons they made the title to Glow work shop B instead of just simply Glow work shop lol based on a true story. ^^

My name is Andrew and "Rieu" is the vietnamese form of it, so I used it. :)

I made up the name "OnoSendi" back in the day. It's been my internet alias since. People always called me "ono" for short. So, "oNo" came from "OnoSendi." :)

i call myself legend because i think this name stands out alot and it just sounds cool also its a HOT name =]

I got my name when I was messing around with the dictionary 5 years ago and came across the word "karma" which i hadn't heard prior. I thought the idea was cool, and it's also an anagram of "Mark a," so "Mark, a raver"

It's sort of a misnomer at this point as I do not believe in karma (at least not in the typical sense of the word) and I have never been to something that is truly a rave.

I'm considering changing it, what do you think of Mark the Makr, or some variation thereof? makr = maker = a reference to my 1337 engineering skillz. It fits, but has karmaraver stuck too well to change it now?

hah, wow... last post was in 2007.

Koi came to me in many ways. both my uncle and my grandfather had a koi fish pond. I spent a lot of my childhood by koi fish. i would feed them every morning when i stayed at my grandfathers. I was always fascinated by them. I was proud of my name, Joseph Peter Villadolid, Jose and Peter- both of my grandfathers; and yet as much as i liked my name something was missing.

Koi was my name to represent my own legacy. Koi is considered a lucky fish, and brave as well. i remember everywhere i looked for information there was the same legend. if a koi fish could swim up the Yi River to Dragon Gate and climb the waterfall it would turn into a dragon. would be pretty tight to be a dragon =P

my fursona (yeah im a furry) well one of their names is Alv. i just randomly came up with that name one day, and later found out its like a name that would belong to a european male. so i was like "O_0;;;;;;;;" and early on when i first became a furry, my friend haley and i were talking about giving me a nickname. at first i strongly discouraged her from doing that but she kept saying "your alvvie. that is who you are." and sooner or later, another friend started calling me the same thing. and i got used to it.

so i unwillingly accepted the name alvvie. and me and haley are like biffs so its rly special to me.

the name alv means "friend" i forget what language its in. but hey. thats who i am to most people. a friend. thats not always a good thing, but heyy.

I used to watch Kimba the White Lion when I was a kid. Also it's an extension of my name. Meh.

I go by a few names, actually. DJ wise, I am called DJ Ronin.

By definition, a Ronin is a "masterless samurai". In Japan, a ronin is someone who was banned from areas for certain reasons. They had to train themselves on how to fight, rather than be taught like samurai in large schools. I considered myself a "Ronin" because I was never taught how to DJ. Noone sat me down and explained to me, what is what. I learned everything on my own, without the help of anyone. Its stuck with me ever since.

My GSC name is semi interesting.

Every place i signed up online, I always used my DJ name including my email, youtube account, myspace, everything. When I discovered GSC, I decided not to use djronin, for some unknown reason. I sat there, and then "Trance-Rckr" popped up in my head. I thought it sounded cool, so I stuck with it.

For the longest time I hated the name. Everyone I met had really cool and awesome names, while mine was akward to say and such. Then I realized it one night that my name fit me well.

I was at a local club, and the music was getting intense. At the drop of the bass, I cracked my sticks. I didnt pay attention to anyone else. I didnt see the lasers and strobes firing around me. All I could hear was the music, and I felt connected to it. I was nailing moves that I never had been able to do before, and I felt amazing. When my sticks died I felt like I 'woke up', realizing that I was in a wharehouse with tons of people. It hit me that I was in a state of trance. I was not on drugs or anything, but somehow I just got in tuned with myself and the music and became one. Knock on wood, the genre playing was Trance. I laughed when I said to myself " I was rocking to trance!!". I am very proud to be called Trance-Rckr, as It was something I experienced, rather than created.

my name was created from a couple things.

1. i love snow and ice...etc. so my name literally means a blizzard forever.( i hate the heat.:D)

2. i believe life is eternal even if you die( yes i am christian). this is the most important thing my gsc name derives from.

3. the third and not important thing is i use this name in all my games i play. :D

it has been my nick since i can remember. and hell a good stringer can make anyone dizzy xD

my full name is Tijn Cox

which turned into Tico

(and it is easier for you all to pronounce Tico than it is to pronounce Tijn :P )

Cheers

Watch out now....I really got creative!!!

It's my REAL name!!! lol...

LOL

i chose badkaraoke around the time i wanted to film my 1 year aka first video, i wasnt on the site then but i knew of you guys :) and i was like " i need a bitchin name" and i remember one day i was singing karaoke, and it just seemed to fit so i went with it but bad karaoke is kinda long so pplz can just call me karaoke or kara

KittehRaver

Well Kitteh came from being a furry, and raver is kinda self explanatory.

My DJ name is DJ Aurelius and that is a play on the famous Roman ruler Marcus Aurelius. My name is Markus so it just kinda fit.