Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EchO

What's In A Name

118 posts in this topic

this name was given to me by some friends of mine... we always called the little group we went to parties with the 'rave squad', and considered ourselves 'agents'... or something... cheesy, i know... gibber came about because i have this nasty habit of spouting off incohearant babble and gibberish... thus, agent gibber of the mighty rave squad. :P

My birth name is Audrey and my middle name is Leigh :P lol, hope that doesn't bore anyone cause it's not special?

Really, when I joined GSC I couldn't come up with any alias, and figured that as a glowsticker and a person, I am Audrey Leigh, and always will be. so no matter what my name will be attached to my face and style, cause my name won't change. hehe.

<3<3

Ange means Angel in french.....

I shortened it from my old SN of AngeDeLumiere (Angel of light) when I found out nobody knew how to pronounce it right.

My name, Cadavere, means dead body. It is a bit morbid, I know, but I'm extremely self-concious and I tend to be too shy to string/stick when other people around me are sticking/stringing.

My old Bboy name. I forget who in my crew gave it to me. had the name for like 7 years now.

My uprock and toprock ust to be a big focus on my breaking for me. Which works out well cause now when i glowstick or glowstring i have a added bboy toprock feel to it, it also keeps me on beat. :biggrin2:

Ange means Angel in french.....

I shortened it from my old SN of AngeDeLumiere (Angel of light) when I found out nobody knew how to pronounce it right.

the next time I see you either at ETD or EDC, I'll call you Angel ;)

Verloren means lost in German.

Basically after camping with a bunch of friends (some of us were completely fluent in German and others were learning), and we got lost, I got us out of the woods.

It also became more common when I started losing faith in myself, and was questioning everything around me, especially when the 'War on Terror' started.

I got mine from last year at Ultra. I don't know what got into me but for some reason I just couldn't put the glowsticks down. It was virtually impossible. My friends even tried to give me a cig but I hit it once and it threw it down. I just had to keep on raving. I think they said for about 12 hours straight without stopping except to like get a cab and get to the room and stuff but I could have raved for days. It was awesome!

Once i was doing some crack and mushrooms and than the name popped in front of me =O... ROFL JP

ummm once i was playing guilty gear after i got high with my friend and there is this character called "ky kyske" and i was like imma add an R and thats how i got my name =O>

I fell in love with the number for some random reason when I was about 16 or so, adopted it as a nickname and found it it was my birth number in numerology. the rest is history. pretty much anything that has to do with a username, email, whatever has a 7 in it now. My next tattoos will become victims as well of the plague. It's gained greater meaning for me since the tender age that I fell in love with it.

This was the first group in my life that I could impose my own nickname. It sounded "manlier" and more colorful, less attached than my real name, and I was interested in creating digital music.

i was watching the new version of the badger badger song((the techno remix))

and i was 1337-speaking to someone on aim so... spur of the moment...

I used to be a hardcore roleplayer since I spent a majority of my academic life home schooled, so, I developed a knack/need for creative sobriquets. The first part: " Iniquitous Romancer, " was inspired by a character created by an ex-girlfriend and I always made nicknames to discribe their overall disposition. Iniquitous Romacer, in this case, is roughly translated as: " Wicked Lover. " When I dance, that's how I feel. I feel romantic, attuned to my surroundings and weaving mistrust with each movement; coax, oscillate, facilitate and conquer. . simply put. Though I am a puppet to the music, I am a marionette of the people; they feel and see what I experience, what I epiphanize. It is a bonding moment of mind, emotion and spirit.

Hopefully, once I exceed my current level, the message will be a little clearer.

Temporal, however, isn't as "interesting". I just like the meaning of 'Temporal' and the way it sounds, so looming and confident; almost arrogant. When I freehand, I feel like a completely different person and in control of my emotions; free to be as abrasive or benevolent as I choose. No more worry. . .

I guess that's the best that I can explain it.

Guest Taran

I used to be a hardcore roleplayer since I spent a majority of my academic life home schooled, so, I developed a knack/need for creative sobriquets. The first part: " Iniquitous Romancer, " was inspired by a character created by an ex-girlfriend and I always made nicknames to discribe their overall disposition. Iniquitous Romacer, in this case, is roughly translated as: " Wicked Lover. " When I dance, that's how I feel. I feel romantic, attuned to my surroundings and weaving mistrust with each movement; coax, oscillate, facilitate and conquer. . simply put. Though I am a puppet to the music, I am a marionette of the people; they feel and see what I experience, what I epiphanize. It is a bonding moment of mind, emotion and spirit.

Hopefully, once I exceed my current level, the message will be a little clearer.

Temporal, however, isn't as "interesting". I just like the meaning of 'Temporal' and the way it sounds, so looming and confident; almost arrogant. When I freehand, I feel like a completely different person and in control of my emotions; free to be as abrasive or benevolent as I choose. No more worry. . .

I guess that's the best that I can explain it.

i like your name and the reason makes my insides happy ^_^

Guest Queen of Spades

Queen of Spades comes from a number of things.

a.) QoS card in the game, Hearts, is worth thirteen points. Higher value than any of the hearts.. but it's value against you. She's also the highest queen in the card game, Bridge.

b.) On an emo note, a spade looks like a black upside down heart. I always liked that. :]

c.)

Day into night shes with me

How sweet is her warm embrace

Safe in the scent of jasmine

So safe in her gold and lace

Mornings I find, she's left me

So cold so alone, but aware

I try to escape, she finds me

Oh run though I may, shes there, there, there, there, there...

Luck is a lady whose smile is as cold as a stone

She'll bring you things, many things you might never have known

But when your die is cast she'll have the final laugh at you

She'll lock you in a duel, where you come out the fool

Beware of the queen of spades

Her black widows curse might find you yet

Beware of a love that you will regret

Her love means only your death

Day into night shes with me

Turn of a card, shes there

The first time is free, you know

But from now on, pay me, me, me, me, me...

Beware of the queen of spades

Her black widows curse might find you yet

Beware of a love that you will regret

Her love means only your death

Queen of Spades by Styx

My screename is really dark, I know. :D

Gerinis is a variation of the word "generic" I made up.

It usually comes with the tag "generically ungeneric", which pokes fun at people who try to be different from everybody else in the same way as everyone else.

My first ever SN was Archangel something, but I was told that it sounded girly (hey, it was middle school, I was peer pressured). Even though it's actually pretty manly if you know the significance of it.

Anyways, I decided to go with something manlier and cooler to me back then. I was pretty in love with fire, so I went with Inferno.

Back when I was choosing my GSC name, I decided to go with a modern nickname and a homage to an old SN.

Doc' is one of my nicknames because I really want to be a doctor and what not.

DocInferno.

I kinda find Inferno to be cheesy and lame now and it reminds me of the days whe nI used to be a pretty angry kid who got into flame wars pretty often.

If I can ever afford it, I plan on being a supporter, I'll then change my name to Dr. Nate. Nate is another nickname since I generally go by Nathan. I really don't like it in print, but it's what people suddenly started calling me at the end of Jr. year.

Woo~

Well LiLBrO.... because its been pretty much first-name basis for me, it's at the point where some of my friends really have a hard time remembering my real first name and the aka ddj50 my initials... lol blah and from the first time i joined GsC

Well it all started when i was 14-15..i was quite unavailable for the night and I was eating Cronik Kandy with a few friends and practicing at the same time.while we were practicing,a friend just popped a bag of Greens.I guess I was the first one to go...cough..cough....cough...cough cough! Then i handed it to my friend...he said "it's Dust" :angry: so I decided to match one up..Now once again I was first..(started inhaling)...then took a big rip.So i handed it to my friend again.He said "Dust" in a low tone.He told me,everytime I get Greens,it always burns 2 Dust.So he decided to put greens for himself :biggrin2:.From there,I was thinking about how I made Greens 2 Dust everytime i go first..Ever since then,I started naming myself "Greens 2 Dust". :biggrin2:

Not under the influence of chemicals. Chemicals fuck you up. It's more along the lines of everything that I see and hear and do is an influence to me. When I go to a show it makes me wanna go home and make my own music, or when I see people accomplish absolutely stellar feats, it makes me want to better myself, when I hear a worthwhile argument then I want to stress my point of view to other people.

So really when you think about it, we're all under the influence in someway, everyday, all the time.

:):smokin::sm_biggrin::rollwink::wacko::sick:

phoenixxx is my club name that was given to me by a friend who i helped through really hard times, she said that phoenix tears heal all pain and wounds and that i helped her through a time that no one else could, in her eyes the phoenix is a highly respected and wise entity that brought sun and happiness to people , ( not too mention i own almost every photon known to man and just love lights in general), haha. and that i did the same with people i came in contact with, i love my club name and would never give it up, the person that gave it to me is very well known in our area and is one of the premiere club kids around here, not to mention i think she is in miami right now waiting for ultra to begin on friday, my name has a very emo description but it means a lot to me and the person who gave it to me. oh yeah and i just added 3 x's on the end because normally whatever website i sign up for phoenix is usually taken as a screen name, so i just tried to make it unique, and its easy to remember