Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EchO

What's In A Name

118 posts in this topic

Just looking to find out how everyone came across their titles on GS.C. This may have been done before, but there are always new members with new stories.

I'll start with mine:

When I first started freehanding this past summer, I was practicing with a group of about five or so friends every week. It was incredible, I was learning new moves left and right because I had constant inspiration at my fingertips. So I kinda took pieces of everyone else's styles and then incorporated my own stuff to form my style. Then I heard of other glowstickers having nicknames, so I decided upon one for myself, EchO. It's a kind of tribute to all that helped me start glowsticking, because of how I "echoed" their styles and such.

nice story, way more creative than mine

McCabe is just my last name. I got a lot of different nicknames from friends over the years, but I either didn't like 'em or can't remember them. when I was signing up for GS.C I tried to think of something cool that would be great to have later on in my glowsticking career, but then I just thought about how I wanted to just be myself from now on in my life, so I decided to go with what people call me to distinguish me from the other Dylan that plays bass.

So now I'm McCabe.

...boring, no? lol

A couple months before i found GS.C or ever Glowsticked, I (for some reason) liked the word Kibbles N BitsThe Dog food. so after that i was thinking about how funny it would be to do that as a screen name. but now it doesnt seem so much funny, and now it seems like crap to me.

I was going under skooboy back then because I am a veteran schoolie :P

I switched my sn over to R3DLIN3 because I pushed myself to the redline learning stuff that I didn't think it was possible, especially since I'm fat :)

I think we had a thread like this in the silly chat...

I figured there'd been something like this before, but I'm still I'm really interested in everyone's story.

Griever is a Final Fantasy reference that also carries some personal significance to me.

Plus, I just thought it sounded badass. Slightly emo, but I think it works well alongside all the PLUR-tastic, exaggerated, Mary Poppins caliber names that exist in the scene.

/wrists

Watch out now....I really got creative!!!

It's my REAL name!!! lol...

When i first started to DJ i came up with decipher, cause I like to figure things out inside and back. The 86 comes from what they say, when they kick you out of a bar. "You've been 86!" So i went with decipher86

Mine is very long and emo. I'll explain later on, even Queen would know.

Guest Taran

bo ha ha ha ha!!! *wiggles hands*...that had nothing to do with anything...but my name came from umm, i think it is a mutation of a book or two that i read in either third grade or first ^_^ but it might just be from my immagination, it was my gamer name =p when i first played zelda, and then it kind of became a tradition, i use it on all my rpgs at least once, usually every time =D and then it became my online alias, so i guess mine just come from tradition. but i hate it when people tell me how to pronounce it and that im doing it wrong, i mean seriously i made it up for goodness sake

I used the old "Pick the letters out of the hat" Routine for the second part of my name, Epsilon is my nickname from when I was a kid (Kinda like a codename from the little spy games me and my friends would play back in the day ^.^)

i used to be MissEgyptology because I was going to study egyptology and i thought it was a clever name. Though it usually got abbreviated to "missE" which caused some confusion...

my name is Lindsey and i figure spelling it like this is festive and with the hyphen it still sort of keeps it a two syllable thing. not that clever. ah well

ghost came from my english name... one day, one of my teachers called my whole name in a quick way. (never expect it would hit me the way the name did) my whole name sounds like ghost in chinese so i went wl the name =P

my friends called me it during school last year on the bus(it was kinda funny cuz it was a racicst name) and i got called that during the summer so it jsut kinda stuck.

and charlie the unicorn was the funniest vid i saw when i made this sn

and

iwannagI0wstick was getting boring for me after awhile

Easy_Target is my CS name. I would always be the first on my team to get picked off because I would do a lot of advances that would work if my teammates actually helped.

That and I'm an "easy target" because I'm usually the butt of jokes. That's not really a problem though, as long as it's made in jest and is funny. :)

mine is the name of a fictional charecter from a Wheel of Time fanfic i wrote a long time ago, mainly i stuck with it because it didnt have numbers or symbols in it and was semi distinct.

Sparrow was given to me originally as a joke from my friends in DFW, because we were talking about what kind of bird you would be, and everyone else had to choose what bird you would be. at the time i had my hair dyed three different colors, and one of my friends said a sparrow. of course all my friends made fun of him considering sparrows are small birds and i'm 6'3''. and it's stuck ever since.

TiMSPiN was my old bands name unfortunately lol I hated it but I figured I could still use it since I "spin" har har

My username is based on the Biblical book "Revelations". It's one of my favorite books in the bible. My name used to be "gamemagus" then I started doing graphic work and I would autograph my pieces with "GM". Pretty soon my name became "gm_revelation" on various shooter games. Then I just shorted it up to "Revelation". Cheers!

I got this sn because I've always had dragon in my name for some reason and back like 3 versions of GSC I found someone with a name that had the word "blaze" or"blazing" in it and I thought it was really cool since it has something to do with fire... so yeah... kinda dumb.

Azriela means angel of mourning and was a nickname a friend of mine gave me because i've lost so much and was always sad . . .

its always been my forum name ... but it gets abbreviated now to az or azzie . .which sounds like ass so that's funn. lol

My full name is Harold Mcloskey. I got Mcloskey from a comic strip that happened to be sitting on my desk, and I thought Harold went well. I guess it has kinda stuck. It is now my screen name for almost everything including cs,starcraft, AOE, etc. :sheep: (sheepy...lol)

my name used to be "Zero 16"

watching a lot of anime i kinda feel in love with the number "Zero" since it was always connect to some secret badass thing - 16 was my number on my highschool team so i always attached to all my handles

but since my lacrosse days are over - now i'm just Zero