Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*+*Beautiful Starlite*+*

Tattoo's Baby!!!

79 posts in this topic

Picture2.jpg

I've had this since December 2005

It's my first and only tattoo, currently. It is the symbol for the band Soulfly. I always loved the shape & also the music, it's heavy aggresive music but with a positive message. I decided to get it after hearing THIS SONG.

I got it to remind me always of all the people I've loved and lost over time. My grandfather was the main inspiration, he passed away in 1992.

I was never 100% satisfied with it. I could point out things "wrong" but overall very glad I got it done. Maybe, I would have put it somewhere different.

Still haven't decided on what to get next, but I've been having the itch the last couple months.

Tatoo.jpg

This is my tattoo. :)

I designed it myself... It's a Celtic cross with a Claddagh (the Irish symbol of eternal love, loyalty, and friendship) in the center...

The text underneath is Japanese and it translates to:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

I guess I got this done because I want to remind myself (and others perhaps) of the true nature of love and that it's what I strive for.