Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*+*Beautiful Starlite*+*

Tattoo's Baby!!!

79 posts in this topic

Okay, guys. Opinions needed. After spending a lonnngg time thinking about it, I've decided upon my next tattoo.

I'm going to get "John 8:7" tattooed on my ankle.

I'm not a religious person whatsoever. I'm against organized religion almost more than I should be. :P But this one verse means so much to me.

Anyways, I need help deciding the font.

IPB Image

First, second, third, fourth?

Opinions?

I think you should go with option one, Its intensity is pretty powerfull to my way of thinking.

The Tat I really want is my avitar. ..Its a stickman I started drawing a little after I got into stringing, though it took me a long time to add the sticks and strings. ..I think they add to it a bit.

The reason why I want it, is Its something I created, and Im artisticly challenged in the aera of drawing. . Its humourous, and my girlfriend and I really love the stringing, It makes me feel like im doing something origonal and complementary to the muic. . . ya!

tattoos are beautiful. <3 I think they are a very intense way of expressing something, anything important to an individual. everyone's tattoos are awesome, I'm so happy they are special to you guys.

I'm at school right now, but when I get home I'll post the pic of my tatt, and reason behind it. <3 =)

damnn i see a lott of nice ones

when im 18 i plan on joing the marines so during or after that i plan on gettin "semper fi" across my backk the full spelling is semper fidelis and it means "always faithful"

id also like to get soemthing that has to do with family on my forearm

My tatt is comeing this summer ... I don't have a scanner so you can't see the pic but ...

On my back a large phoenix ... And above it's wings will be the alchemic symbol for " Death by fire" (right), and "Creation by fire" (left) ... Under the tail, My alias Judgment.

okay!!! here it is; a lotus blossom with leafy things and buds along my lower back...

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/aud...tattoosmall.jpg

This picture was taken about 2 or 3 days after I got it, so now it's a little lighter (and obviously less puffy and sore looking XD)

I got this tattoo for my 16th birthday, this past February, it's my first tattoo of many to come. My sister is 18 now, but when she was 16, she got a tattoo, so my mom said I could get one for my 16th birthday. Ever since then I pondered what would suit me, and where I would like it. <3 And, I came up with this, and designed it, but the tattoo artist made it MUCH better and symmetrical.

The symbol:;

A lotus blossom is a very special symbol to me, first off...lotus blossoms are gorgeous and grow out of the murkiest ickiest water, and thus stand as a metaphor to me as hope when you are surrounded by darkness, and can also represent rebirth. Good things can always grow out of bad things...this is something I have had to tell myself all my life to keep living day to day when it has become difficult to do so.

Another reason I chose the lotus, is I have always been fond of their image since my mother converted to hinduism about 7 years ago, lotuses are consistent symbols in hindu art for purity and rebirth, and also symbolize the four virtues of nirvana. (((Rising up from the mud of the swamp (the physical world, the body)

Growing up through its murky waters (the world of sensory desire & emotions)

Penetrating the air (the mental world of thoughts and ideas) and

Aspiring towards the light of the sun (the spiritual illumination, the "Dharma") ))) and, it always blossoms into a beautiful flower.

The placement:;

Yes, i do realize that lower-back tattoos on women are referred to as "tramp stamps", but that is bs, because I know my tattoo means much more to me than that. I originally planned on getting it below my neck (upper back) without the decor, simply a lotus by itself, but I changed my mind because it didn't feel right. I decided to get it at the base of my spine, because, that is my core, the base of my being, and I figured the placement of the lotus and what it means to me was most appropiate at the base of my "being".

but anyhow~ that is the story of my lotus! The potential place for my next tattoo would be my ankle/shin...and I still haven't thought of what I want. I also plan on adding to my back over the years to eventually make a mural (complete back piece) trailing up my back of different things....but that's far off. =D

Guest Queen of Spades

Lee, get the 3rd.

It's a dead tie now between the 2nd and the 3rd.

I'm getting it tomorrow.

This is so hard!!!11shift1

It's a dead tie now between the 2nd and the 3rd.

I'm getting it tomorrow.

This is so hard!!!11shift1

Dont kid yourself. . You know you want the First one :) ! Number one IS number one!! Give in to what you know is true, be true to yourself. . and such.

I like the second one Lee...and just something to keep in mind...the first one looks really cool, but I doubt a "good" artist would even do it. You probably aren't going to have it srawled across ur back really big, so being small and with that much detail it would prob run. I'd advise against it.

Guest Queen of Spades

I agree with you, Lisha, about the first one. I think I've decided upon the 2nd for sure.

IPB Image

Okay starting from the left going down means peace, love, happiness, crazy, courage, ambitous. It tells the charcteristics of me. Ive had these for about 9yrs now.

Guest Queen of Spades

A little less than 4 hours old:

IPB Image

'But when they persisted in asking Him, He straightened up, and said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."'

here's the one I got on wednesday when I turned 18. I took it about 8 minutes after I got it so I could show a friend. The pic aint so good cuz its from my phone but I'll get a better one up soon. IPB Image

It's a bass clef, as in music. I play stand-up and electric bass and music means a lot to me. Over the summer I'm gonna get another tattoo once I raise some more cash.

it was medical tape and like some fuckin plastic wrap. probably not the most high tech way but it worked.

Ive seen a few places that just sterilize the fresh tattoo then just cling wrap it :P just to keep stuff out. Its either that or some gauze bandage.

Hmm... Well then I'm due to get my 6th tattoo done next week so I'll get some pictures up when I get that,

In the mean time here are my others.

My back. (Ankh)

My tags,

My side.

I also have some tribal on my shoulder and my side I had some additional work done, but yeah.

These were taken back in.. 2005 so I've beefed up a little since then ;)

it was medical tape and like some fuckin plastic wrap. probably not the most high tech way but it worked.

lol, I mistook the plastic wrap for duct tape. :D

Hmm... Well then I'm due to get my 6th tattoo done next week so I'll get some pictures up when I get that,

In the mean time here are my others.

My back. (Ankh)

My tags,

My side.

I also have some tribal on my shoulder and my side I had some additional work done, but yeah.

These were taken back in.. 2005 so I've beefed up a little since then ;)

Dude...I want your abs. :lol: