Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*+*Beautiful Starlite*+*

Tattoo's Baby!!!

79 posts in this topic

:biggrin2::dope:smilewinkgrin: Okie I did a thread on getting my first tattoo and another idea popped in my head... I dont know if there is a thread on this topic already and if so... my bad :sm_sleep:

Show pics of your tattoo(s) and tell us what is the meaning behind your art.... This also goes for those who are planning to get their first tattoo or for those planning on another tattoo to add to your collection of creativity... so post away people... I love tattoos and hearing the meaning behind them... Thank you and MUCH LOVE :inlove: *HUGZ* <3333 Xo0oX

So the Pic: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Tor...therLikeSon.jpg

- sorry, I suck at resizing images x.x

Story behind it:

My father wanted a dragon tatoo for his ankle, I quite honestly dont remember why. I just remember being 13 when he got it. When he went in he found a design he had liked, but the dragons tail was weaving through a celtic knot. My father wanted a yin-yang instead, and talked with one of the artists at the studio who was visiting from Ireland at the time, for school or some reason like that( Memmories are a bit hazy).

Well I had mentioned that I liked it, and for my 18th birthday my dad told me "get ready, we're going into town in half an hour", unbeknownst to me that I was about to get a tatoo. We got there, and I thought dad was getting another one, but I was told to sit down. Hour and half later and a stinging pain in one of the nerves along my ankle (ouch x.x) I had a copy of my fathers tatoo. I had always liked the design of it and never really followed in any of my fathers footsteps aside from martial arts, so it was nice to share something else with him as well. ^.^

:dope:)Thats sweet!!! I like that... thats kewl... you can also see the difference in the art too.. like you know how your dad got it when he was 13 and you 18.... its crazy to see the difference in technology.... Yeah my mom and I are plannign to get the butterfliy tattoo together for my sister Lisa... So if my mom really goes through with it she will go with me... if not I will be getting on my own...

I was 13 when he got it :-P ... i'm not gunna say how old HE was, lol. But yeah.. i like how his is slightly bigger and slightly darker..seem to fit.

IPB Image

calvin and hobbes, hugging. The original picture has them with their eyes closed. But I had the artist make them open. I got this tattoo because I have loved C&H since I was 6! yeah I wanted a tattoo when I was 6. I chose this inparticular design to symbolize how important my friends and family are(got it on my left peck over my heart).

http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/photo/phot...hqunv4r605tgoqw

I hopefully in april when my brother comes back from training (navy), we will both go get tattood. We might both get something in Alibata (Ancient Filipino Script) I was thinking of getting something in the lines of Little Brother, because thats how I'm known to alot of my older friends (LiL'BRO) which is now on a first name basis.... to the point that some of them don't know my first name.

Guest Duck

IPB Image

initially when i got this, it was something significant to letting go of a relationship which haunted me mentally and emotionally for a good year plus after it had ended. however it's stuck with me beyond just that, and I've found that in more than one way, it means something profound to me, and I hope to get something similar (different picture, same design concept) on my right arm to reflect that here soon.

Guest Queen of Spades

IPB Image

I stole this from the Skype quote thread. Captions kindly *glare* added in by Morolen.

I got this on March 31, 2006. I went into the tattoo parlour that day with my friends John and Paula. Paula was gonna get her tattoo and John was gonna get his ears 8g pierced. A simple outline tattoo was only 40$, so, feeling a tad left out, I decided to get something small too.

Yeah, it was an unplanned, unthough-out, impulsive decision.

But I don't regret it. When I'm older I may go over it or fix it up a bit, but I'll always have it reminding me of a hell of a lot. It'll remind me of my high school stoner years, growing up in the Haight, the people I was with when I got it, etc. I like it. It's a little memory I'll get to keep with me forever.

IPB Image

From left to right:

When the triangle is pointed up it is one of the symbols for fire, when it's pointed down it's one of the symbols for water.

The norse rune for the tree of life.

The norse rune Uruz.

The norse rune Gebo.

The norse rune Kenaz.

The norse rune Wunjo

The norse rune for Thor's Hammer.

I did these myself back at a point in my life when I was studying norse mythology/history/mysticism extensively. Each rune has it's own meaning and it's own properties/deities assigned to it. The triangle is an occult symbol and has always been one of my favorates because it shows that two "elements" which are so different are also so closely related (this is using the occult/alchemical definitions of the word element and what fire and water represent).

IPB Image

These two names and dates are as follow. The top one is my father, who died when I was 18 from Parkinson's Disease. The one below it is my sister who died when I was 10 in a car accident. I am planning on eventually having the names of all those who I greatly cared for in my life and who died tattooed on my left arm and my own name to be on the inside of my wrist.

IPB Image

This is the symbol of my religion (for those who don't know, I am a wiccan). I got the star part of the penticle done in a celtic knot not only to show how each of the elements are interconnected but also because wicca as a religion (even though it's only been a recognized religion for less then a century) has it's roots in the old celtic mysticism/traditions. The circle was done in the tribal style and the reason why it's a circle of thorns is to both show that this is an "earth based" religion and as the "tribal style" of tattooing is supposed to be derived from early man's styles of drawing, to show that nature itself has been around for a good, long while (to say the least.).

IPB Image

IPB Image

These last tattoos were done by a friend who unfortunately I lost contact with shortly after she did these for me due to her falling into several addiction problems. The first one is the norse rune Tyr, which like the other runes has it's own meanings attached to it. The second one is a design she had done for me which I liked. It's a tattoo which I could have had covered up several times over, but I have kept it because around the time this was done me and her were good friends and I keep it as a homage to that friendship.

I got this one for my birthday last year (sept. 11th). I worked on it for like 2 years (not literally, but the concept and how much meaning would be behind it). It's my representation of the Virgo Virgin as more of this warrior like figure. I'm pretty much into signs (though I don't do horoscopes, I find zodiacs interesting) so it does hold a great amount of meaning to me.

IPB Image

that's actually my 3rd tattoo ( and not my last), but I don't have good pics of my other 2. I'll post those up when I do. I'm trying to work on my next design, but it's so hard with my school and work schedule. can't even think straight let alone come up with a fresh idea for a tattoo.

:):dope:P YES! I am happy I did this thread... I am loving all the different tatts and their meanings... They are all unique and beautiful in their own way... I have been really thinking about it and I am really loving this piece IPB Image to get in between my shoulder blades... It is fitting for the lost of my sister and I know Lisa would love it!!! I am going to change it to Blue, Green, and Purple for the color of the butterfly and then leave the tribal black with a one of the colors(Blue, Green or Purple) for the out lining... Keep the posts coming... :inlove: Much Love *HUGZ* <3333 Xo0oX

Guest Duck

Yeah, it was an unplanned, unthough-out, impulsive decision.

so was mine honestly. I had only vaguely thought about why i had wanted to get what i had tattooed for about 2 days, and I honestly didn't think I'd want it there after about a month, but it's really grown on me.

as for your tattoo idea, starlite, i like it. but how does a butterfly with some tribal fit in with the loss of your sister? maybe i missed that part in your other thread.

so was mine honestly. I had only vaguely thought about why i had wanted to get what i had tattooed for about 2 days, and I honestly didn't think I'd want it there after about a month, but it's really grown on me.

as for your tattoo idea, starlite, i like it. but how does a butterfly with some tribal fit in with the loss of your sister? maybe i missed that part in your other thread.

Hey sweetie *HUGZ* okie My sister loved butterflies (She was a social butterfly herself) Lisa was Murdered On Nov. 27th of 2005...

IPB Image(here is a pic... Isnt she beautiful?)

She was also my best friend so we were closer than sisters... She had a blue, green, and purple butterfly on her left ankle... so I want this to represent my love for her and she loved butterflies sooo much... Like I love starz... <3333 Xo0oX

well, I'm computer illiterate so I don't know how to upload pictures to here from my files but... my tattoo is going to be a celtic moon on my lower back. As my friends like to call it a "tramp stamp," meh, I don't care. My second one is going to be a barcode on the inside of my lip.

EDIT: That's really sad about your sister. *sigh* the world that we live in, what has it come to?

well, I'm computer illiterate so I don't know how to upload pictures to here from my files but... my tattoo is going to be a celtic moon on my lower back. As my friends like to call it a "tramp stamp," meh, I don't care. My second one is going to be a barcode on the inside of my lip.

EDIT: That's really sad about your sister. *sigh* the world that we live in, what has it come to?

Sometimes I ask myself that question... What has the world come too? It is sad... I never thought she would go at 32... I looked up to Lisa soo much and we had sooo many plans for the future together... She was my drop of sunshine... She wanted to go to her first rave when i got my first booking to mix trance... Now she will only be there spiritually when I mix live... I know she will be proud of me though... Its crazy to just have someone close to you go out of no where... After Lisa was murdered I learned to live each day as if it is your last cause you may never know when someone you love or yourself may go... :inlove: MUCH LOVE *HUGZ* <3333 Xo0oX

I'm sorry to hear about your sister, Starlite. I know how it feels to lose someone very close. tattoos seem like one of the best ways to keep their memory ingrained into your soul. I did this for my mother:

IPB Image

I want to add more to it, thinking about an image of her and some wings on her back; just waiting for the time and the money to do it, probably this spring break. She truly was a heaven sent Angel to me.

This tat, is really old, my first. I really wanted a tattoo when I was 15, and I got it. no real meaning other than "I got my first tattoo". but it has a yin yang in it, one of my favorite symbols.

IPB Image

Well..... I rethought out my tattoo plans and finally figures out something I will stick to, A samurai in either his armor or his robes, with slain dragon in the background is a rising sun.... and underneath all of it will be the kanji symbols for conquer and fear

I'm sorry to hear about your sister, Starlite. I know how it feels to lose someone very close. tattoos seem like one of the best ways to keep their memory ingrained into your soul. I did this for my mother:

IPB Image

I want to add more to it, thinking about an image of her and some wings on her back; just waiting for the time and the money to do it, probably this spring break. She truly was a heaven sent Angel to me.

This tat, is really old, my first. I really wanted a tattoo when I was 15, and I got it. no real meaning other than "I got my first tattoo". but it has a yin yang in it, one of my favorite symbols.

IPB Image

Thank you for sharing sweetie... I am sorry for your lost as well... Yeah I do look forward to getting it done... As for the pain... i am going to bare it because she went through a lot of pain in her death... Its the best I can do for my sister and for her memory physically... Much love *HUGZ* <3333 Xo0oX

IPB Image

sorry for the crappy webcam pic but im to lazy to resize a good quality picture.

the kanji means pure and clean .

and the lotus means rebirth

i got this when i was trying to quit my drug addictions. this help me through it.

its also the start to my sleeve im going to get

i also got an outline of a star. which doesnt mean anything.

IPB Image

this is 2 of mine....

-the flames represent my son....who is an aries....and thats a fire sign so i got hot rod flames.

-the devil with a spike through its hand is from a saying my grandmother used to tell me when i was in my tough guy phase" even evil feels pain!"

IPB Image

-the MSG is a band i was in that i devoted so much time to make stick but it didn't work so its a reminder of no matter how hard you work at things they can still fall apart/ so not to get your hopes up type of thing

-and the FTW is for my dad....he had it tattoed but got into a motorcycle accident and lost the skin it was on so as a tribute to him i got it

-I also have one on the inside of my lip but its fading out. it says DIE......so instead of a pout face with the lip poked out you just get the death threat! lol

-----MORE TO COME------

cool topic!

Guest Queen of Spades

Okay, guys. Opinions needed. After spending a lonnngg time thinking about it, I've decided upon my next tattoo.

I'm going to get "John 8:7" tattooed on my ankle.

I'm not a religious person whatsoever. I'm against organized religion almost more than I should be. :P But this one verse means so much to me.

But when they persisted in asking Him, He straightened up, and said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

Anyways, I need help deciding the font.

IPB Image

First, second, third, fourth?

Opinions?