Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Djmajestic

"The Hawaiians"

100 posts in this topic

Disclaimer: This is not meant to start a faction against GS C.

There have been some recent words said about what and how we do things in Hawaii that has raised some attention. Not only those of GS C, but also of the people that represent "the rave scene" as a general all together here.

First off. Hawaii Is not like the corporate areas such as California. For example, say you have the massive raves, the meeting points for get togethers, the support. THE MONEY etc To actually produce something productive. Hawaii is a dead dog of raves. We continue to kick this said dead dog, only to occasionally get something of anything done. It's so hard to love something so much, and have nobody there to support it. Hawaii wants the support of GSC. Obviously or we wouldn't be posting a reply towards this. But also You can only get so much support through words or emails. The fact remains. We don't have this thriving knowledge for what's new, what's hip. what's what in the "NEW" stages of ideas.

For our Ultra circles, we make the best of what we have to work with. It costs almost as much shipping to get glowsticks here as it does to actually get to use them. And With the organization of throwing such said "ultra circles" we do have coordination. We are not the stupid sterotypical hawaiians, we are intelligent. We have understood. but I think the misinterpretations of how big it is is vastly overthought. Bringing me back to the point that we don't have the resources to have people jumping in and out of circles, people messing with cameras, etc. We are lucky to have 10 people that know how to figure 8. Not that we don't try to promote it. That's just the cold hard facts of how it is here. We are exiled from society.

We have 1 spot on Oahu. CLUB VENUS. This is the meeting grounds for friends, dj alike. This is all we have. Plus with having a small community, we have to look out for one another. If we have a certain aspect of our scene lacking, we have to pull all resources towards that in turn to actually keep what we have alive. So for throwing ultra circles all the time. We are the 3rd world country of glowsticking. We do what we can.

I for one would love to see another part of the world become active in glowsticking!

But, from what I understand, there's not tension because you're trying to start up glowsticking, but because it's being done in the wrong way. One example is the Ultra Circles you're talking about. As I understand, it's a tradition to be held at a very special event, not just any time you have a whim to do so. In the member photos, there is a picture of a Hawaiian Ultra Circle, and it was said that there was never a message to Dave/anyone to make sure that it was ok/being done right. I know that may sound harsh, but I'd think as a tradition, there would be certain things that had to be done and promoted in order to be a real and approved of ultra circle.

As I said, that's just my opinion- You'd probably get a more definitive answer from Dave as to exactly why there's tension. Wish you the best of luck, though, that as long as it's done right that an actual scene (don't know if that's the right word) is started in Hawaii.

yeah, if you want to borrow a culture or idea from someone, it's best to do some research on it. i don't like more than 1 ultra circle per year per area. you guys had bunches. it just makes it stale.

i've seen it happen before already. if you have too many it just cheapens and it becomes more of who can bring the ultras and how to crack em where instead of a tribute to a community which is what ultra circles truly are. they become more about the spectacle instead.

it also helps if it's not for some other cause, and not GSC. cause ultra circles is a very GSC thing to do, which we as a culture inherited from iloveraving.com (I was the one to create the glowstickers forum on ILR)

ultra circles doesn't promote glowsticking.

ultra circles "done the right way" promote a special kind of community. where people get applauded, general good vibes around, see some sick glowsticking, see some mediocre ones but that okay he's trying to just had fun (and everyone does way worse inside of an ultra circle), and people aren't all about showing off. because there is no doubt in my mind that if i was to pump some bucks and throw an ultra circle every weekend, it would still attract all the attention, but what i worry most is the core participants. you can't have jaded participants. and your core group of people-- it HAS to be something special to them too or the vibes not gonna come off right. they gotta be ready to go in the circle knowing it's their only chance in a whole year. it sets off the right attitude.

and of course after all of that, the passing out of GSC promotional stuff. because glowsticking.com from day 1 i have made it my mission to have a certain type of atmosphere that is always enforced, and may be different from a lot of people are used to on the internet.

i liken ultra circles to be like an oasis at raves that people may glimpse to see a community totally accepting of new people who are open minded and just as friendly. and i know for a fact GSC is international and accepting of EVERYONE.

lets keep ultra circles something special... to US.. not just other people, who will always be pretty impressed, but to US, because if we let ourselves get jaded than ultra circles ain't worth jack and just not worth doing in general. because by then we'd be doing it for the wrong reasons, because we ourselves at participants would be just going through the motions and it's gonna impact how we come off to everyone else who would hopefully be GSC members and be part of our community.

For our Ultra circles, we make the best of what we have to work with. It costs almost as much shipping to get glowsticks here as it does to actually get to use them. And With the organization of throwing such said "ultra circles" we do have coordination. We are not the stupid sterotypical hawaiians, we are intelligent. We have understood. but I think the misinterpretations of how big it is is vastly overthought. Bringing me back to the point that we don't have the resources to have people jumping in and out of circles, people messing with cameras, etc. We are lucky to have 10 people that know how to figure 8. Not that we don't try to promote it. That's just the cold hard facts of how it is here. We are exiled from society.

We have 1 spot on Oahu. CLUB VENUS. This is the meeting grounds for friends, dj alike. This is all we have. Plus with having a small community, we have to look out for one another. If we have a certain aspect of our scene lacking, we have to pull all resources towards that in turn to actually keep what we have alive. So for throwing ultra circles all the time. We are the 3rd world country of glowsticking. We do what we can.

see that's the reason why you don't start OUT with ultra circles. ultra circles are an INDICATION of how well your community is doing and thriving. don't have em unless they are good. which is why they should be done just once a year so you better make SURE it's good.

you should concentrate on CORE things. like getting people good at glowsticking and developing a commmunity period. glowsticking is really just a segway. glowsticking is just a red herring.

it's NOT glowsticking, it's the idea of a community where people can ACCEPT glowsticking is what GSC is all about. glowsticking.com is not a glowsticking site. it's a site that teaches the the culture and thoughts and acceptance, etc that make it possible to have a thriving glowsticking scene.

i repeat, glowsticking.com is NOT a glowsticking site.

and let me repeat again: it's a site that teaches the the culture and thoughts and acceptance, etc that make it possible to have a thriving glowsticking scene.

glowsticking.com didn't have an ultra circle until i thought it was ready and it was only after a LOT of THOUGHT. originally i was jaded about ultra circles, having been to so many of them. i guess it's good though.. it taught me a lot.

anyone who wants to have an ultra circle should attend the one held at EDC every June. and they should NOT have more than 1 a year.. possibly even FEWER. an ultra circle is something to WORK for.. not something to DO. it's a SYMBOL of success, like a certificate, not success itself.

i guess an analogy of a poor family buying a bunch of expensive cars and clothes on credit to make themselves FEEL rich while not rich is a good analogy. after awhile, it becomes not about ACTUALLY being rich, but having the stuff that rich people have.

ultra circles are just bling. you gotta have a solid community to support that. get a solid community first.

notice to anyone else.... core participants in ultra circles should be interacting with the international community, not just their regional people. i don't fucking care if he's your homie, if he can't create an account and just talk to people on glowsticking.com, why is he and the other 12 guys who just want to glowstick for the attention invited to help? they ain't trying to help the community. and the community is global. not just regional. all the core participants should be participants somehow on GSC.

the online is important. it's what keeps us together as a community.

I've been a resident of Kauai for a year and there is no rave scene there at all... I've made many visits to Oahu and have heard of Club Venus but have never actually been there. I've been talking to a couple of DJ's and a few ravers from there and they seem to think that the rave scene there is fine... I guess they're happy that there is one at all... I think that there are more people who are interested in the rave scene but you just haven't found them yet. Please do keep in mind that there are tons of really fantastic ravers that have never heard of or are just not a part of GSC. I'm currently attending college in Virginia but I hope to transfer to Oahu. When I get there.. you can at least take comfort in knowing you'll have one more GSC person there ^_^ And I'll be sure to help you guys out as much as possible for finding other people interested in the culture.

You shouldn't feel so discouraged that there are few people know know about glowsticking/stringing but take it as an oppertunity to show them and educate them on PLUR and inspire them to practice and accelerate. To me the scene in Oahu looks like there is tons of room for growth and if we just work at it, we'll cultivate something great

well why dont we have people from GS.C go over to Hawaii to meetup with the glowstickers their and try to spread what GS.C tries to teach?

well why dont we have people from GS.C go over to Hawaii to meetup with the glowstickers their and try to spread what GS.C tries to teach?

Um.. sorry to burst that thought but do you have any idea how expensive it is to go to Hawaii? Tickets alone at a good time *off season which is winter* are around 600-700 dollars

Why not just INFORM before pointing fingers? This whole uproar started when we saw this...

the hawaiians. especially the ones that went and just made their own forum cuz they couldn't handle being on GSC or something and probably wanted to throw ultra circles all the time.

that's pretty lame, I wonder why they are throwing ultra circles all the time...

Thats just an all out attack on us. Assuming that we're ignorant motherfuckers that are purposely trying to water down the whole glowsticking culture just because ultra circles happen a little more often than you'd like them to.

In california there are MANY raves that go on and a few massives throughout the year. In hawaii, the only REAL massive we get to experience is Love Fest; which has become pretty disappointing the past few years since they started playing some mainstream hip hop just to cater to Hawaii's closed-minded majority. In fact, our Love Fest is probably 1/8th the size of the one you guys got in California.

The scene here is starting to make a come back, and the spectacle of Ultra Circles is one of the many factors that has brought our community together. The Ultra Circle in that picture is just 5 or 6 people.

ultra circles are just bling. you gotta have a solid community to support that. get a solid community first.

Within the past year, the scene has gone from shit to alive and thriving. I met a shitload of people I never met before at Venus and I'm now a major part of the scene as a DJ, Promoter, and Supporter. The Hawaii music market is so small and overrun here, its hard to build a community as large as other areas may have...so I think we deserve to have our Ultra Circles, the community we have for our area is pretty solid. We're just trying to spread the love, not trash your claim of ownership on ultra circles.

Perhaps in time, the ultra circles will diminish as everyone here has seen them so many times before and we will be jaded as you are, wanting to reserve them for something more special and meaningful. Unfortunately, our scene is only getting back on track. If it was still going strong between 2001 and 2005, maybe we wouldnt have ultra circles as often. Please allow us to celebrate in the way we do. We're just trying to keep it alive.

We've been promoting the scene the best to our abilities, whether through parties, or showing unity for music and love for it by use of an ultra circle. How does having a big ultra circle for a massive once a year make it any better than having smaller ultra circles at smaller parties? Aren't we doing it for the same reason? Having to ask permission to throw an ultra circle would make me think it would make it less special. But you have your thoughts and we have ours on the scene. We should respect and share ideas, not impose rules on others or say their doing it wrong because it doesn't follow your procedures. Again these are my personal opinions, and I dont mean any disrespect. I've respected you guys ever since the old ILR days, and have heard nothing but good things about you guys. So keep doing what you guys are doing, and PLUR! "If thats even used anymore?" Payce

you guys don't even post on GSC. what business do you have throwing ultra circles? you guys started your own forum and STOLE our culture. DJ majestic SCREWS me after i send him GSC STUFF (probably wasted all my business cards) and starts his own forum. you don't think I have any reason to be annoyed?

then you guys come online just to BITCH when it's PLAIN and CLEAR you guys are in the wrong. if you are talking about respect you deserve none. first you steal culture. two, you can't even do it right do it all the time. three, you further disrespect the forum by coming here just to bitch. four you can't even be bothered to read the post i wrote.

none of you spoke with staff, none of you fucking brought it up to people. none of you asked. i tried being nice about it, but evidentally.you guys don't want to read what i posted.

i don't even know why i'm talking to you and trying to help you. none of you even post on GSC. you aren't GSC. i don't even know why atrocity's exhbit is even talking about helping. all of you are on different forums and are simple copycats who don't even have respect for what you are copying.

so i don't really want to hear from you guys simply because the way you guys are, you'll never be anything. go back to whatever forum you started after you stole all the moves here. who says it's right to splinter anything? evidentally you never heard of NCR or San Antonio. OH WAIT YOU DID, SINCE YOU GUYS ASKED ME ABOUT BEFORE. THEN YOU IGNORE WHAT I SAID AND JUST DID IT ANYWAY. NO IMS, NO POSTS ASKING ABOUT, YOU JUST STRAIGHT ABOUT FUCKIN DID IT AND STOLE WHAT YOU THOUGHT WAS THE COOLEST SHIT ABOUT IT.

READ MY FUCKING POSTS, and get back to me.

How does having a big ultra circle for a massive once a year make it any better than having smaller ultra circles at smaller parties? Aren't we doing it for the same reason? Having to ask permission to throw an ultra circle would make me think it would make it less special.

holy shit. i actually wasted time making a personal and heartfelt post that explains what i said, and i get this back? no wonder i'm so fucking pissed.

to answer your question. LOOK AT THE RESULTS. i would say to try it in a different way, but you ain't GSC. i don't care. everyone will know what you guys are, and that's a stealer of what you THINK is the coolest part of GSC culture. so waste all of those ultras. i'm done with you. don't show your face on GSC anymore.

and by the way, all the concepts you learned from GSC and are doing right now, feel guilty for all of them.

don't come back here unless your tune has changed.

edit: just read that i said djmajestic started his own forum. he might not have started the forum, but that's where he is right now.

all the arguments you guys are using.. it's the same one that was used before.

also, if you guys gotta have these things-- do me a favor and just call it something else. i don't care what you call it, just don't associate it with GSC/ILR. it's term is OBVIOUSLY something unique to GSC/ILR. i don't care what you call it, call it something else, because you aren't promoting GSC. you are promoting your own things. don't come on here with your 1-2 posts and lurk on our forums stealing our ideas without giving due credit.

go dave :You-Rock: woo

I think its shitty that anyone would steal culture, and then be a dick about it

o well, i geuss some people are born inconsiderate

Excuse me.. but this isn't "stealing culture" and you have no right to call them dicks or inconsiderate.

I would think you're being inconsiderate and a dick for not giving any input on this situation but instead just posting on the forum for the sake of it... Did you even read what everyone said? Do you even -understand- what we're saying?

Yes.. Ultra Circles are a trademark of GSC and if they're used imporperly.. then GSC will lose one of it's markings. Yes we need to keep the circles to GSC *active* members because those are the pepole who really contribute to GSC and what it is... We are the members who understand PLUR and act it out by trying to spread the ideas of it and conducting ourselves in a respectful manner which means talking to Dave if we want to throw a *real ultra circle* at a *massive rave*

If you are going to throw an ultra circle just between a few people and at no rave.. then it is *not a real ultra circle* It is just a bunch of friends cracking ultras and having a good time.. we need to not call it an ultra circle.

I think where we get lost in the mix is what the definition of an Ultra Circle is and what it's meant to stand for... We aren't here to point fingers and call people dicks and say they're inconsiderate because then YOU are VIOLATING what PLUR is all about!! It's about Unity and Respect!! How can you respect someone you call a dick?! It makes me sick that people just throw PLUR out there like it's some kind of toy! This is not a phrase you mess with! You use it and respect it for what it is and what it stands for just like the ultra circle!

Dave... please correct me or add to this if I forget anything or if I'm wrong...

--An Ultra Circle is when a group of *active GSC members come together at a rave (by rave, I am referring to a large rave that has advertisement for it and NOT an anime convention rave or just friends in a basement, but a massive rave such as EDC or Afterlife) and gather into a circle with each member having a pair of ultras. At the same time each Ultra is cracked and each person does their routine in the middle of the cirlce. An Ultra Cirlce *may only be done with the acknowedglement of Dave because this is a trademark that *he came up with. It is an original idea by the head of GSC and out of respect for this head we have to tell him that we are going to have a circle.

The point is... they know now... WE know now... we know about asking about an Ultra Circle, what it really is and what it's meant for... The thing is, they might not have known they had to ask at all but you need to just make it clear what a real ultra cirlce is and what we need to do for it... As far as Hawaiians go, they did what they thought was PLUR and essentially, it was. They had all the right feelings in all the right places, but they just didn't know that there was more to the guidelines of trademarks of GSC... You need to make clear what is trademark of GSC and what isn't so this doesn't happen again and I'm sure it won't happen again. You both have made your point and it's time to do something about it instead of arguing! Hawaii needs to form a GSC group that works... and as members of GSC we need to help out as much as we can.

wow...the people from this web site officialy killed "Plur"

wtf is this? taking credit for something thats been around for more than 10 years?

u guys didnt fucking invent glowsticking...I was glowsticking before this web site was even born.

Haha this is probably run by newbs who think they invented something magical, but omg serisouly, ur jsut waving lights in the air...haha wtf. First of all, glowsticking is stupid unless ur high on e, second of all, it gives the scene a bad image of little kids dressed up in stupid candy taking drugs and waving their hands in the air.

why dont you guys learn to breakdance or something...that actually has some kind of creativity to it.

ya maybe like 10 years ago glowstick cirlces were revolutionary but now its kinda old. and taking credit for it? lol.

that would be like Derek Carter coming out saying NO ONE CAN DJ unless they pay him money for inventing DJing.

get a life.

Wow, Im seriously amazed at the level you have taken this Dave. Yes we talk about respect because WE DO DESERVE IT. You say we come on here with our 1-2 posts and then BITCH about this all of a sudden. Well when we (the few GSC supporters) see a post about the hawaiians and how we have have been doing things all wrong here, we post out of disperation for your understanding.

You know i can honestly remeber the start of the GSC influence here on hawaii. We have struggled our way to keep the GSC culture alive and in the right terms. At one time the "rave scene" here was large but it was corrupted by people that battled and that practiced for compatition. There are times when we (one person) would crack ultras and have another person or two step infront to "show us up." Well Dave this corruption has been illiminated through our hard-work on keeping the true essence of sticking alive. We are not using GSC for our OWN thing, we have changed the very way that RAVES used to be. You talk about how majestix stole from you, but you know what. When he first moved here he brought with him the ideals not yet informed to us on the island. He gave us those business cards that me and pacman give to other people. He organized a meet-up (as well as pacman) to whatch the DVD. HE HELPED SPREAD THIS CULTURE.

The true defination of culture is "the quality in a person or society that arises from a concern for what is regarded as excellent in arts, letters, manners, scholarly pursuits, etc." Dave im in no way trying to shut your mouth or change anything about what u have started but we do things all in right terms, all for the rave scene here on the island. Being a GSC member (if im even that now) i have learned that it grows myself and helps spread PLUR with other beginning glowstickers, ravers, and new people that never experienced a rave in the first place. And like ive said before there has only been 1-2 REAL ULTRA CIRCLES here in the past 1 and half. Yes we have gotten the idea of Ultra Circles from GSC but we do not use it wrong.

G.STix; people are not BORN inconsiderate just mislead and needs understanding. We are in no way being a dick about anything.

I just hope a clear understanding of what the scene here is like. The DJ's that have posted on this site and other glowstickers here are desperatly trying to keep glowsticking and the rave scene growing and in the right way. We still need support for GSC not to be talked down to.

oh and giving something a name doesnt give you credit for inventing it.

I remember the good old days seeing people doing glowstick circles. Its nothing new.

And THOSE people, back then, would teach you how to glowstick, and WANT you to spread the idea around. Thats being a true raver...taking credit for something u didnt even invent and not let anyone else do it is just retarted.

heres my fucking change in tune...how about i step it up to a heated debate tune

First off, how can anyone "steal" a culture? How about you give the polynesians their fucking culture back and stop swinging glowsticks on strings in the same fashion as poi balls and fire dancing? You had no permission to take their ancient art form of expression/entertainment and use it while taking drugs and listening to loud repetitive music.

ultra circles are an INDICATION of how well your community is doing and thriving.
our scene has been going uphill with each party we do. we've reason to celebrate.

don't have em unless they are good. which is why they should be done just once a year so you better make SURE it's good.
by our standards its good every time. the few we do involve less than 5 people, and some of them arent even using 5 minute ultras. the true ultra circles consisting of 10+ i've only seen happen once within the past year.

you should concentrate on CORE things.
As far as I'm concerned, the core is partying and having a good time, not being eliteist and reserved.

anyone who wants to have an ultra circle should attend the one held at EDC every June.
Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. The seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God. Perhaps everyone that works on Sundays are ignorant.

Again, Our community is pretty solid for its location.

then you guys come online just to BITCH when it's PLAIN and CLEAR you guys are in the wrong.

Oh so now we're "in the wrong"? Who are you to say whats right and whats wrong without stating valid points for us really being wrong? Thats like telling a buddhist that he's gonna burn in hell for being a sinner believing in something other than just a self-centered God.

Culture is shared, and without sharing, there is no sense of community or pride. You're just being a greedy little bitch about ultra circles just because you did them first and you don't like the idea of other people doing it with a different motive for doing it. If you have legitimate copyrights to the ultra circle then by all means, we'll stop doing it...and probably call it something else to avoid the backlash. Cultures vary by region, and our culture, perhaps derived from "GSC" culture, will un-doubtedly be different in one way or another...so I personally invite you to come here to this dumb little island and stop us from doing what we do because we're ignorant like that.

Also, you're only furthering the ignorance by shoving this shit down our throats accusing US of stealing or doing things without your permission as if all information in the known internet belongs to you, and no one has any right to act upon it without asking you "pretty please" first.

On top of that, most of what you're stating in your posts really dont seem to have any real message other than you being irritated with the fact that we're just trying to have fun in the only way we can. If you feel like what we're doing is demeaning to you, then thats your fucking problem.

"Wow, someone copied my idea...instead of feeling flattered or honored, I think I'll go and tell them that they have no right to do it because I did it first and when I do it, it has more meaning than when they do it."

You know what the difference in Hawaii is? Its not just about one single ego-inflated aspect. Glowstickers, photoners, DJs, and all out party go-ers are tight. We arent limited to just the glowstickers, or just the DJs...we're all family here because thats what OUR community is about. That is why we have a forum of our own. If you want to exclude Hawaiians from your community just because they put their family first, then by all means, ban each and every one of us from your forum and look yourself in the mirror to see the opressive, closed-minded totalitarian that stares back at you.

Damn right we aint GSC, we're THE fucking Hawaii Scene.

inconsiderate? arent you guys the ones not letting anyone else wave their hands in the air?

stealing culture?

hmm, as far as I'm conserned, you guys stole RAVE culture, made it something that it was NOT...

Raves are not about glowticks.

Fucking hyporcites.

I'll read more after i post this.

First off. Loictambay..... IPB Image ...ok

next thing. I'm gonna play the nice guy card right now and just say this.

Obviously you guys are upset about whats been said which i can understand.

I've been on gsc for almost 4 years now and this year was the first time the EC ever had a real ultra circle. We had never even attempted it b4. But we had a party which was specially catering to gsc and glowstickers so we figured it'd be a great time to do it. The feeling during the circle was the best. Like i've never felt so intune with my fellow stickers. It was amazing.

If we did this all the time I def wouldnt feel the same about it. It just be another night.

You guys are trying to revive a scene and get things going again. I can understand that. But you dont think theres another way to do that besides having "ultra circles" whenever you get together? I mean in plenty of areas people have wanted to learn and get into the culture because they see people with skill and having a good time and theres no drama.

wow...the people from this web site officialy killed "Plur"

wtf is this? taking credit for something thats been around for more than 10 years?

u guys didnt fucking invent glowsticking...I was glowsticking before this web site was even born.

Haha this is probably run by newbs who think they invented something magical, but omg serisouly, ur jsut waving lights in the air...haha wtf. First of all, glowsticking is stupid unless ur high on e, second of all, it gives the scene a bad image of little kids dressed up in stupid candy taking drugs and waving their hands in the air.

why dont you guys learn to breakdance or something...that actually has some kind of creativity to it.

ya maybe like 10 years ago glowstick cirlces were revolutionary but now its kinda old. and taking credit for it? lol.

that would be like Derek Carter coming out saying NO ONE CAN DJ unless they pay him money for inventing DJing.

get a life.

See man thats just messed up. You can have your opinion about glowsticking looking dumb unless your fucked up. But i disagree with you. There have been plenty of times we all went to clubs and parties and did our thing and plenty of totally sober people thought it was the coolest thing they'd ever seen. Because you know what.. we arent just doing figure 8s we arent just doing weaves. We are doing a dance form that we are trying to push further and further. We spend time practicing and making things look as good as we can because it's a hobby for us. Some people race cars..play video games...we glowstick.

Break dancing does have creativity. But so does glowsticking. String manips for one take alot of thought to come up with. And for freehand the combinations of moves and tosses and stall...nevermind the fact you can incorporate other dance forms mad easy with it.

And hey man ... thats cool you were glowsticking back in the day. It just sounds like your jaded now.

oh and giving something a name doesnt give you credit for inventing it.

I remember the good old days seeing people doing glowstick circles. Its nothing new.

And THOSE people, back then, would teach you how to glowstick, and WANT you to spread the idea around. Thats being a true raver...taking credit for something u didnt even invent and not let anyone else do it is just retarted.

We teach "mad heads". Shit man. If someone wants to learn something we will help them till they get it. If you were a member of this community you'd know that we are accepting of anyone and help out as much as we possibly can.

wow thanks for getting personal...

ass

dude get a fucking life...

glowsticks are to see in the dark.

half of the people at raves DONT WANT TO SEE FUCKING DUMB ASS GLOWSTICKS so stop waving that shit in my face...

Cant we enjoy the music without a glowstick being jamed up in my face for crying out loud.

I'll read more after i post this.

First off. Loictambay..... IPB Image ...ok

next thing. I'm gonna play the nice guy card right now and just say this.

Obviously you guys are upset about whats been said which i can understand.

I've been on gsc for almost 4 years now and this year was the first time the EC ever had a real ultra circle. We had never even attempted it b4. But we had a party which was specially catering to gsc and glowstickers so we figured it'd be a great time to do it. The feeling during the circle was the best. Like i've never felt so intune with my fellow stickers. It was amazing.

If we did this all the time I def wouldnt feel the same about it. It just be another night.

You guys are trying to revive a scene and get things going again. I can understand that. But you dont think theres another way to do that besides having "ultra circles" whenever you get together? I mean in plenty of areas people have wanted to learn and get into the culture because they see people with skill and having a good time and theres no drama.

See man thats just messed up. You can have your opinion about glowsticking looking dumb unless your fucked up. But i disagree with you. There have been plenty of times we all went to clubs and parties and did our thing and plenty of totally sober people thought it was the coolest thing they'd ever seen. Because you know what.. we arent just doing figure 8s we arent just doing weaves. We are doing a dance form that we are trying to push further and further. We spend time practicing and making things look as good as we can because it's a hobby for us. Some people race cars..play video games...we glowstick.

Break dancing does have creativity. But so does glowsticking. String manips for one take alot of thought to come up with. And for freehand the combinations of moves and tosses and stall...nevermind the fact you can incorporate other dance forms mad easy with it.

And hey man ... thats cool you were glowsticking back in the day. It just sounds like your jaded now.

We teach "mad heads". Shit man. If someone wants to learn something we will help them till they get it. If you were a member of this community you'd know that we are accepting of anyone and help out as much as we possibly can.

Help? It seems like the only help we've been getting on this forum is "omfg you guys steal, you guys are stupid"

I never went to an ultra circle in cali at EDC. But i understood the meaning behind them. Shit those things are huge. We had maybe ....30 people all sticking in our circle in the EC. We wouldnt have done it less because to us it would be cheapend.

I get what your saying that you dont even have 30 people for it..... but why not wait till you did...then have one to celebrate the fact that the community of actual stickers that can hold up the same thoughts and beliefs as you. Why attract more people with "the bling" as dave puts it. Attract them with the community.

oh ya and I put that blue ball on my head to act stupid...concisouly knowing it was dumb, as a joke...

u guys wave ur lights around and think ur cool, trust me, in a few years, ull look back and say "omg what was I doing?"

then either ull leave the scene cuz u were really a poser and was there for the glowsticks and whatever...or ur a true raver, and ull stop glowsticking but go to raves for the music and your friends.

talk to me 10 years from now k dude?

Help? It seems like the only help we've been getting on this forum is "omfg you guys steal, you guys are stupid"

I aint gonna lie... some people jump the gun or get all anal nazi about things quick. SOME PEOPLE. Dave aint like that. If he blows up thats because he's tried to explain things the best he can and he finally gives up.

If someoen IMs me PMs me whatever i will do whatever i can to help them learn wat they need to know. Whether it's just txt or make a vid.

oh ya and I put that blue ball on my head to act stupid...concisouly knowing it was dumb, as a joke...

u guys wave ur lights around and think ur cool, trust me, in a few years, ull look back and say "omg what was I doing?"

then either ull leave the scene cuz u were really a poser and was there for the glowsticks and whatever...or ur a true raver, and ull stop glowsticking but go to raves for the music and your friends.

talk to me 10 years from now k dude?

Dude gimme your phone number and i'll glady call you in ten years. Since i've been glowsticking for about 6 years now. 2 on home of poi...4 at gsc. I've met some of the coolest people and made my closest freinds while glowsticking. And i dont dance conventional. glowsticking is my dance form. Its wat i like and enjoy and like i said it's my hobby. So just because you became jaded about things doesnt mean it's gonna apply to everyone.

Dave aint like that. If he blows up thats because he's tried to explain things the best he can and he finally gives up.

But his explainations have no real valid point behind why we shouldnt be simultaneously busting ultras. He just says we're stealing, doing it wrong, we dont have community, we have no right to do it without first consulting him, and above all he wants CREDIT for something that isnt his, the forum's, or ANYONE's culture to be stolen.