Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Djmajestic

Duty Stations

60 posts in this topic

what is the protocol on which duty stations they deploy military personnel to?

did a lot of you get a choice of where you wanted to go? did you put in a request? or is it totally random?

after my training school they let the person with the highest overall grades pick 1st

It depends on your job. They usually put similar fields in the same locations. for example, if you are going to be a tanker then there are locations that dont have that job so you probably arent going to be sent there. In some cases you get to pick but if its not in your contract then there is only a small chance of that happening.

thanks for that insight. i'm strongly considering a specific non-combat position in the near future, and my recruiter told me for my specific job there are only 4 places they would send me (none of them anywhere near the Middle East), 2 of which are the "most requested" duty stations. apparently because of my job parameters though i would get first priority to be posted there...

Langley AFB, VA

alright base for my career field, but its to close to home for me.

mcbh (marine core base hawaii) sigh..... i love hawaii!!

Offutt AFB, NE

97 Intelligence Sq.

anyone near by, please help! i feel like im the only gs.cer or raver for 100's of miles...are you out there my people?! lol

NSA Northwest Chesapeake, Va

Here for school, hopefully I'll be in Bengor, Washington by June. as close to home as I can get.

At my A school for the corp in Pensacola, fl. Corry Station(Navy base). I'll be getting my duty station in about 2 months.

Ah P-Cola, had fun times there. Partied a little to hard and ended up rocking out of avi though, but now im in a much better mos S3

Serving my turn in Osan AB South Korea :mellow:

thanks for that insight. i'm strongly considering a specific non-combat position in the near future, and my recruiter told me for my specific job there are only 4 places they would send me (none of them anywhere near the Middle East), 2 of which are the "most requested" duty stations. apparently because of my job parameters though i would get first priority to be posted there...

"The Needs of the Army/AF/Navy/Marine Corps."

lol sad but true in a lot of cases

But right now GTMO, Cuba

wow.. Thats one place I dont think I would want to go. Are you still having fun in the Marines? gone overseas yet (other then cuba)?

If anyone here is at Camp Pendleton, CA, you should hit up my best friend PJ.

He's a good guy.

I believe he'd be better known as Jamie, or LCPL Blaho.

He's got a big scar that runs from his forehead down to his cheek on the right side.

Kinda looks like scar from the Lion King.

A gift from our friends in the US Army.

wow.. Thats one place I dont think I would want to go. Are you still having fun in the Marines? gone overseas yet (other then cuba)?

GTMO isn't actually that bad. Just Small. I guess there isn't much to do. But the job is pretty SKATE lol.

This is my first deployment. I go to Rota, Spain in May :D and then hopefully I'll PCS to Pendleton, which means my next stop would be Afghanistan, prolly twice if we don't go to Iran.

rah! 0311! lol

Duty Station: College.

Non-deployable profile.. best thing that ever happened to me.. :)

I got kind of lucky.. I went through Basic and then AIT twice but I never got deployed in 4 years and for most of that time I had my reservist sham shield.. lol

PCSing to Camp Casey, South Korea in two days, for two years! =D

Finally back in the states for the next 4 months or so. Oh yeah Eielson Afb AK

As of right this second im in Ft. Leonardwood MO, this place is a Nexus of suck... ahhh... Good Training, Good Training. Anyways i was here for OSUT for Combat Engineer 12B or 21B depending on how long you've been in the Army. But i was supposed to be in Korea with 2'nd ID but its all good. I got 4 dislocations in training and i lied about 3 and couldn't hide the 4'th one so now i have to get surgery. Chances are they'll probably try to Med-board me out of the Army but they'll have to take me screaming swinging and kicking. Hopefully they let me just Change MOS since according to my specific surgery i probably wont be 'combat ready' OH well. /sigh.