Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ricerider

My frst Video

19 posts in this topic

You guys gotta stop downplaying yourselves, that helps nothing.

Not a bad video, the effects were trippy as hell, lol, nice editing.

Where you want to go with your style is all on you, obviously, so I wouldn't tell you otherwise (in terms on what you should do, exactly, at this point); Best I could say right now is just clean up those spirals and wraps a bit, smoothen out your transitions and just keep on practicing. practice, practice, practice always helps, of course. You're on your way man, good stuff. Remember to keep thinking outside the norm and push the art as far as you can while keeping the philosophy in mind. Good luck!

P.S. how long have you been stringing?

Great job on the editing. I liked the "negative" effect in the begining of the vid.

Really, main thing I have to say is that you looked a bit tense when you were stringing. Don't know if you ment to or not. IMO, just try to loosen up a bit more. Just like Seven said, I don't know where you want to go with your style, but the moves you have so far seem like they just need a little bit more work so that they are smoother when you are transitioning them. The wraps, from what I can see, seemed to be pretty good except for the occasional mess up. I do agree with Seven in suggesting on trying to clean up the spirals.

Other then that though, I liked the video. The editing was good, and I liked the choice of music as it seemed to match the overall speed that you were spinning at. Keep at it, and remember, it's not what others like in your style, it's what you like in your style that matters.

Finally! Another laundry room stringer! Welcome to the dundascave my friend.

Good effects and good for short strings. Keep up the good work. I liked the "turning spirals" at the end of the video, but maybe you should figure out something to do to use weaving as a transition, not a major move by itself. You seemed to dwell a bit on it, but hey, it's room for improvement.

Looking forward to seeing more. It's definitely better than my first stuff, and my videos can attest to that.

I had JUST gotte off an 11-hour work day and had to clean out my friends garage in order to even get enough room to do that.. I'm MUCH better than that really..

... had no music...

... Had very little room...

... and was VERY tired...

Will be doing another video REAL soon as soon as WES'S LED sticks come in the mail...

I've been PLaying with glowsticks since 2001...

TRansitioned into Glow-chucks in 2003..

and only decided to do glowstrings about 3 months ago (march 2006)

I JUST recently got recruited into a Fire-poi troop last week to do gigs at Reniasance festival and such. Some chick came up to me and said i'm the bets stringer she's ever seen in person and asked me to join her troop.

I really didn't plan out which moves i was going to do at all.. just wanted it done.

Expect more madness soon!

OH MAN!>. Next Video.. I'll Wear my RAVING Ninja Get-up!

HAHAHAHA

Well, if you have better stuff, then why not wait till another day to film, a day when you feel better and are more focused, at least? If you want to show your skills, then show your skills; otherwise make a teaser or something, lol. Don't just put out 50 or 60 percent.

In any case, if you have better stuff, I can't wait to see it.

For 3 months of actual stringing, that's not bad, either. keep it up. :dope

Well, if you have better stuff, then why not wait till another day to film, a day when you feel better and are more focused, at least? If you want to show your skills, then show your skills; otherwise make a teaser or something, lol. Don't just put out 50 or 60 percent.

I agree completely though I could be easily accused of doing the same thing. If you are going to produce something make sure it showcases you at your full string potential. I have the urge to film a lot sometimes but you come to the realization that you would be doing relatively the same thing with one or two different combos.

Don't ever say you suck haha. Anyone that automatically says they suck have no fun with it.

It looked good to me. The sticks never stopped movie. Cool editing, good song. :dope :dope

Remove it from your thread description at once!! lol.

my 2cents. your editing was raw lol haha. your wraps were smooth, consistant. try and get your weaves to the side so they can be seen doing bts. and i would say in your next vid try to be more creative with your wrap combos.

This video was mainly made just for myself, to see what I look like stringing... since i lack a mirror or ANY reflective/shiny surface to watch myself while i practiced.

Next Video i'm making a move-list.. definitly a move-list for myself.

and thank you all for the advice and whatnots =-D

<3 You all!

Here's one of the things that people don't get: Stop downing yourself!!!

LOL... otherwise I'll agree with you and say that you suck... but it's not bad for someone who barely started... Just keep on practicing and experimenting w/ new stuff/moves/combos...

Alright alright.. I know i don't suck for only stringing for 3 months...

And i love you all for all the positive feedback

lol, there you go... now start practicing your ass off so then I'll see another elite stringer ;P

I practice daily..

Just you wait..

I'll have you in stitches from you gasping =-D

... Let me dream...

Im always practicing freehand with pens at work. Just looks like tossing something to my coworkers, but what they don't know.....lol

That was cool, i was impressed by your behind the back stuff, and rather trippy editing, well deserving of a thumbs up. :dope

OOH..... i need ME some editing like THAT... but yeah i liked the vid, i understand the nospace part, very compact but overall i have no critques, it as good i enjoyed it, jsut keep on practicing, cant wait til ur next vid =]

your little bit beter than me with ur weave tho ur a little off plane try to keep it straighter