Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

suzume

Saving Texas

142 posts in this topic

Sorry to Necro this thread...

But i read this story twice.

I teared up.

I cannot believe this happened to anyone because of such a simple thing.

That doesnt make any sense, I thought we were all a family.

I mean, i taught two of my friends just so they could share this wonderful feeling..

What the hell, just waht the hell.

Im not quite sure how i got here but its a terrible thing to happen i do understand how you feel on alot of levels. But i hope both of you are doing well and healthy.

This is outrageous he attempted murder and already did on one just cuz supposedly your a biter? wtf does he mean by biter? that you copied certain techniques off other people? Well who the hell doesnt right? We use what we learn from others and make it better to teach others like the way we were taught. Damn ill bet that guy was just jealous. Hes the real biter dont take him seriously. Im sure in time this scar will fade away but never forgotten. Life is just unfair but i wish u my luck from now on things will go right.

sparrow, i am so unbelievably sorry that this happened. i find myself disgusted with todays society and the ridiculous people in it. My heart is with you guys! God will bless your family again when the time is ready. Just pray ceaselessly. He will give you what you need.

before I joined GS.C my boyfriend had always talked about this topic and how it was so important and everything. I remember watching him stick and string before I knew about GS.C and when he would do it, I would always think about how much fun it would be to compete and be amazing at it. Just because I compete in almost everything I do.

I read this topic about a month into our relationship, and without even knowing any ideals or culture about GS.C I understood a lot about it.

I have learned that sticking isn't something you can compete in. You can't compete in art. So It's totally stupid to try. Or to tell other people that they're stealing moves from you, or to tell people you're better than they are. If other people didn't "copy" each other . . . where would we be as a race right now? Nowhere. We have to get ideas somewhere. Inspiration.

You can't steal moves or anything like that because of the simple fact that everyone expresses themself in a different way. There are no two ways to express yourself the exact same as someone else. You can't measure how good an art form is because of the fact that you can't see how much soul and love they're putting into what they're doing. It's just not possible.

I won't go back to drum corps anymore because of this reason. I just don't see a point in trying to compete over something being more beautiful than another.

This is really terrible that this happened and I see things like this going on all the time because people don't understand the culture. It's not about who'e better or anything of the sort and I hate watching people say someone is better than someone else. You can't be better than someone in an art form.

It's not really just save Texas anymore. It's save the rave.

Icannot believe I actually read all that holy shit. That's a fuckin sick story, I thought texas had the death penalty? Why were they not sentenced and 19 years? Never heard of a sentence texas is fuckin nuts. I'm sorry for your loss and hopefully things have gotten way way better

this thread is truly important i think .. to send a message to all of us out there .. battlin and sorts of effects its can bring upon us ..

finally glad to meet you sparrow at pre meet and edc it self .. to be able to sit there and enjoy the moment and not go in and bust a move in the ultra circle is totally up there u know what i mean . i mean its a level higher ..

respect & much love

omg, dude i didnt know this had happened. im really sorry, actually this weekend juany commented on the issue and i had to read your story.

In my country battling in effect, people fighting, throwing drinks, hitting people just cuz they dont like em, insulting them. the rave culture is very corrupted at some point, and our mission is to clean it, now more than ever i intend to travel to texas to take a look first hand.

imagine i had met you at ultra and i didnt know misty at the time, but i really now feel sad that you coulda had a child by now and because of a senseless hater you didnt get to welcome a new member of your family (your son or daughter to be). it really makes me sad.

just to let people know that a friend of mine almost died to in a breakdance battle, my boy got into dancin and he was the expressive guy (you know the guy who makes everybody laugh cuz facial expressions), so i think at a battle he had made fun this way to another battler and before he finished his run a fight broke at the park (there were bottle and a lot of old trees) so i think my boy was defendin and trying to stop the unnecessary rumble and he just decided to separate everybody when he got hit in the head with a rum bottle and just hit the ground, his head was cracked open and the ambulance actually had taken to much time to get there, but thank god that he didnt died, but he was on therapy so he could walk again since he had brain damage. i tell this story for the dancin battlers, things could get bad in that area 2, its not just here in clubs or massives.

Society has proven wrong on values and tempers of people that engage in battles (any kind), there are no friendly battles, if you were friendly than you wouldnt feel the need to prove yourself superior.

thats why enjoy teaching, i would love for everybody to feel equal as me, i dont like makin somebody feel little.

i thank you sparrow, for this story and for more than that. and i deeply feel sorry for the this awful episode you had to live! i can only thank god that misty is still with us!!

Having come from Texas not to long ago (and at the time not knowing of the scene), I can only imagine how bad it is. It's unfortunate that people think they need to kill to prove a point. It's horrible. I wish there was something I could say that would make you feel better. . . So all I can really promise, is I will treat everyone as family. No one deserves this. But - sir. You are brave. As if your wife.

sparrow your story touched me and i tottaly agree with u i wish the best for u and your wife for goin through such a bad expierience i have one question thoug why would people hate our culture i really dont know why?

Wow... That's so sad. I'm very sorry to hear this happened. It's crazy what people will do to prove a point sometimes. I lived in Texas for about 7 years. I hope you and your wife are doing much better now. God be with you ^^

You know, i'm such a huge rave fan and the enviroment out here in colorado is so nice right now for the most part, free of corruption i dont realize that places like this do exist. Reading this story really does make me want to drive out there and try to help set things straight however possible. This is just disgusting and wrong, here in colorado, the recognition for some of us GS.C members is getting so large that i personally have had people come up to me and say "i love you man" just out of the blue, and only once or twice have i ever had anything bad happen to me while sticking. You have my deepest sympathies, and for what happened, texas, youre now on watch

Ah..who would've thought...

I just watched a video of Sparrow's gumbie tutorial in which he says at the end, "LOOK AT MY JUNK"

I could never of IMAGINED such tragedies have occurred. :(

This story made me tear up.

I'm so sorry that the loss of love has effected you so deeply, Sparrow... I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

This really served as a reminder to me, to bring back the love, and to stick with PLURR...

Dear Sparrow

Ive never met you or spoken to you before

but you've taught me pretty much everything I know from your youtube tuts.

I give my condolences and wish you the best of luck.

We use what we learn from others and make it better to teach others like the way we were taught.
from Etern!ty has said it best, that kids actions are unforgivable and I hope he disgraces himself in prison like he has in life. You have my deepest sympathies.

Inck

wow man... I'm really sorry about the whole thing. I hope I'm not contributing to bringing back unwanted memories, but seriously, I just really want to give my condolences to you and your wife and wish for you two the best of things and opportunities from here on... You're completely right, these things shouldn't happen, raving culture should always be kept friendly and united, and if some discordances should arise, they should be solved peacefully and calmly, never giving into anger or such. We should all help each other out, not tear ourselves appart. My sincere respects and appreciation for the message you've given us, and even if I don't know you personally, I offer my help and support if you ever need it.

I know this topic is from a while ago, but I just came across it today.

First off, My deepest sympathies to you and your wife.

As a Glowsticker from TX, I know how some people can be. And it's horrible.

But that doesn't mean we should give up on the Texas Scene and I'm proud of you.

We all love you here and we always will. I, personally don't know you very well at all, but I, along with the other members are love you very much.

*hugs*

Guest TechnoGizmo

wow that is absolutely awful, ill keep this on my sig to keep your story well remembered.

hope everything is going well now a days, my best wishes to you and ur lover. :heart:

Jesus man, I can't believe this. I don't know how I'm just now reading this; I'm speechless. What a fucking piece of shit. This makes me so angry, I don't even want to put my feelings in words.

I am so sorry this happened, I really am. The are some really fucked up people in this world, I'm sorry you got the worst of it.

My feelings and heart go out to you both.

-ono

I am so sorry for what happened. I cant believe something like that could happen. I wish the best for you and your family. Thank you for telling this story. Hopefully this can show some people that its about family, not who does what moves and how. Once again I am sorry for your loss...

My goodness. This is easily one of the most fucked up things i've EVER heard of in in regards to the rave scene.

Even though it was a long time ago, my heart goes out to you Sparrow... nobody should ever have to endure something like that, not even dumbfucks from string-e people.

All the respect in the world for staying strong and still believing that people can be good...

I'm sorry for you, your wife, and child.

I kinda realized that a lot of the StringEpeople community and Tekno turtles thing in SA were about battling. they had great style but they just didnt get the idea of PLUR.

Even in my town. Stringers want to battle me. it pisses me off.

Dont worry Sparrow. with every loss their is a great gain.

Maybe you'll get TWINS!!! :D