Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

suzume

Saving Texas

142 posts in this topic

Guest supraGlowString

OMFG, wow bro im am so sorry for your loss, who would ever think such a thing could happend for a stup reason. I hope those guys get what they deserv. Bro you have lost so much over something so verry stupid, i feel for you. This is actually profe of what happens if you hate or something similar to that

good bless you and your wife bro.

My heart goes out to you DJ Sparrow.

From my encounters with San Antonio Crew.. They are not friendly people.. met them numerous occasions in Dallas and Austin. I even asked my girlfriend to not stray too far when i got in a fist fight with one of the San Antonio guys for not wanted to "battle".. appareantly he then wanted a real fight.

Houston is just me, Pac-man and Bubba white i think.

You are in my prayers, sparrow, for that night was something that should have NEVER happened. Your story has touched me deeply, and is a lesson i shall not soon forget. I hope you can find peace in the knowledge that this story WILL change things, if i have anything to say about it. Again, my prayers are with you.

Wow man, I just read your post and it really turned my stomach. It shows how crews and envy destroy our scene and bring the worst out of people... I'm really left speechless but I wanted to show my support and tell you that my heart goes out to you and your wife.. I hope that they are going to enjoy their daily shower rape.

-Hatter

Be strong, I am sorry... wow... wow... Where is peace, love, unity, respect, responibility.....

It tastes of charley manson, the bastardisation of an ideal....

where have all the flowers gone?

wow sparrow, i was literally brought to tears by that post. It made me both sad and angry - sad because of your loss and angry because someone could possibly be so montrous as to do something like that... This story really stands as a testament to just how important the ideals of PLUR and GSC are to keeping not only glowstickers, but also the whole world together.

There is something to be learned by this story, and that is to learn to respect your fellow man. Despite sparrow's incredible loss, he shows no signs of hostility, no signs of blind rage, and above all no signs of strong vindication. Sparrow, instead of breaking himself from the community he loved, instead of sinking into a deep hole like i know i would have, decided to make a post to the Glowsticking community about why PLUR is important, and why any sort of negative competition brought to the Glowsticking world can leave everyone hurt and in a state of pure tumult.

Sparrow is really a brave person for making this post, and i praise him for the courage displayed in sharing this most relevant story to the GSC community. Though it is true that in the end, justice was served, we must all look to a day in which justice will never be necessary, when all of the world can live together in harmony, and such displays of courage will never have to be seen again.

The story is indeed a tragic one, but i beleive this anecdote to be strongly necessary in order to help spread the message of GSC. Killing a person over something so small is never worth it, and i am sure anyone reading this article will agree. The overall message however, remains a much more profound one, one that is still to be developed even on a global scale, and it is these stories that can be passed down from generation to generation in order to teach certain vital ideals to those who will outlive us.

With all luck, history will not repeat itself. With all luck, there will never again be a story like this. We can only hope that this tragic tale will reach the ears of those who need to hear it most, and that it will affect them the way it has affected all of us here at GSC.

PLUR

indeed...

-PLURR-

Although this thread is old and dead probably, I must say kudos to you Sparrow. YOu handled the situation very maturely and most people probably would hauled off and done something they regret. You earned alot of respect from me and Im sure others as well with this thread.

I might agree and say this is an old/dead thread. But this is def. something worth reading.

All my respects go to you Sparrow =/; you acted very mature in a situation like this and sorry for your lost.

Its so stupid that people would do this these days... especially on a stupid subject like this.

Glowsticking is made for good vibes, not battles =(.

I am so sorry. I considered quitting gsc after reading that. I hope all learn from this and we all just become one big family, the whole world- as one.

Again, I am so sorry.

Wow. I have been away from the boards for far too long. When I met you and your wife at AX I would never have figured either of you had been, pretty recently, through such a tragic event. You are both wonderfully strong people.

Now, has there been any comments made by String-E-People? I hold my other questions because I don't know how insensitive they may be...

Wow........ I had no idea something like this could happen just from glow stringing, I guess some people just take it too seriously without the right culture behind it. I'm really sorry that happened to you, really, my heart was pounding just imagining it..... It's still so crazy how people can be, It's hard to imagine sometimes until something like this happens, really, this got to me...

It realy is a shame what people can manage to reduce our culture to ... But in numbers we stay strong.

wow that is terrible. :( how did he get the drugs in her a needle? man peolpe like that should get the death sentance. it kills me to know that there are crazy idiots out there walking these streets like that and theres nothing we can do but wait to suffer by thier destructive motives. especially something like not even very significant like glowstringing and sticking skills could fuel this. you should writea book about your life and this, really reach out to people.

i dont care where your from, or what people think of you (anyone in general), that is some low life shit right there

there is NO reason that anyone should act so harshly to another person. for christ's sake, this is why im fighting in iraq right now...to keep terrorists OUT of the states, but its very apparent evil takes many forms and guises...

i realize that you may not know me, no i you...but im deeply hurt by the fact that someone would hurt your family in such a way just because of an opinion! that is just sick...

i hope the best for you and your wife sparrow

maybe when i get back to ft. hood we can meet-up and session together...i can at least do what i can for the scene (as little as it may be) so that your loss wasn't in vain. god bless your family

This thread should be pinned up as an example for all to see. This is why PLUR exists. In all competitive arts it can degrade to this. We must remember this and keep battling out of our culture and scene.

this sux this was at sky, im from the ATX and use to go about a month ago before i moved.

Sad story. Made me think about things and almost caused me to cry. It is sad to see something like this happen all over a love for glowsticking. There is no need for this pain people put one another through. They didn't even get the sentence they should have and that upsets me. My prayers tonight go to you even though all this time has passed my thoughts and feelings are yours tonight.

It makes me sad and mad that it has to be so hard to bring an end to such a thing. Why must good people like sparrow suffer. I hope one day we can get things the way they should and until then at least we have each other. Keep your head up Sparrow one day we will be able to fix things hopefully.

wow.

im sorry to hear tht >.<

i feel horrible atm x.x"

Im speechless though for some reason.

man.. thats a load of bullshit. i cant believe someone would go to those lengths just to prove something that dosnt even matter

as a previous poster said :

glowsticking is built off of PLUR and most new stickers dont follow or understand PLUR.

Guest ashes

It's so ironic that I came across this thread. I'd recently happened across a vid on YouTube for the String-E-People and upon watching it I felt uneasy. The vibes that it gave off were totally different then the vibes that I get after watching something that gs.c put up. I'm a newb here, I haven't been glowsticking that long or went to any meetups yet, but I do understand the importance of PLUR, now even more than ever. That vid on youtube seemed very obnoxious. Indeed, they did seem like they were in a gang (one even flashed a sign). I know that if that had been my introduction to glowsticking I would not want anything to do with it. I am glad that I met the right people when it comes to glowsticking, the people who know the culture and respect each other and each other's skills. I am so thankful for the people that I met while happening upon this artform. Because that is what it truly is, an artform. It's stupid to battle, it's dangerous to battle. It is like the stupid hip hip dance crews that get so worked up they cripple members of opposing teams. It is not worth it.

string-e-people vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v7Ex5JnwnA

^

WOW. That is the most overly dramatic glowstringing video I have ever seen. Justice will be served. LOL.

Back on topic, I had heard about this already and I think that's an incredibly low and ridiculous thing to do to someone, just because of glowstringing. But respect to the OP for being able to deal with all this. You must be a strong minded individual in getting through all this and continuing to go out to parties and glowstring. I hope this will never happen again to anyone.

I just finally read this story of loss after putting it off for awhile.

I can honestly say, I am sickened by what they did. I mean, no one, absofuckinglutely no one should have to go through what Sparrow and Misty went through that night. And I can honestly say that I hope that those two have gotten, and continue to get, what they deserve while in prison. I am also sickened by the fact that no one in the club had realized that Misty had passed out in the middle of the dance floor, but that's something else all togeather.

Even though it's been over a year since you posted this, I want to say that when I heard snippets of what had happened my heart went out to you... and it continues to do so. I just don't know what else to say other then why we should keep the love within the scene, and any scene for that matter, excactly that.... love. None of the bullshit with competition, or respect or reputations... just leave that shit at the door. Egos, as it's been proven time and time again, have the capacity to lead one to kill.... even if the people that they kill never deserved it and had nothing to do with the brused ego.