Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

suzume

Saving Texas

142 posts in this topic

My deepest of condolences to you and your wife. I can't beleive someone would stoop that low. it really sickens me. I can honestly say that here in Dallas everyone that i know believes in P.L.U.R. You have always been one of the many people who inspire me. I still can't understand why anyone would even think of doing that. My best wishes to you, and your wife.

That is probably the most powerful story i've ever read on the internet. I am sincerely sorry for all you had to go through and everything that has happened. I am pretty much speechless after reading that. I did not know what to expect when i started reading this post. I am glad that they were sentenced to prison time and am truely sorry for your loss. This is what the wrong values can do. Those people had no morals whatsoever to do something that bad. To think that something like this could ever happen over an argument with someone is scary.

Stay strong my prayers are with you

Apocalypse

Dude, words cannot express what i feel about this. I am extremly sorry about what happens, and I hope that everything smooths out as much as possible. I live in Texas, so i felt it hard when i found out it was close to home. I hope this never happens again. PLUR.

remember guys... dancing is fun for its own sake. you don't need "you've got served" or 'stomp the yard' to make dancing cool. it's fun because it's art for art's sake, and fuck yeah, just enjoying yourself. as soon as you try to make it something more than that and some kind of dance 360 competition, it becomes a mere joke, and worse, other variables enter the equation. things like crews that diss other crews, really negative shit-talking, competitions that are judged "unfairly" because the judges "aren't qualified'. enter things like "reputation" and you have losers who do stuff like what that guy did.

Sparrow... I am deeply sorry that this has happen to you... It makes me sick what people do to others... Like thats totally ridiculous what that guy did...I mean glowsticking/stringing is not for battles and to see whos the best... Yea people will take other peoples moves and make them their own... but thats with EVERY dance form... its an Artform... Its Dancing... Everyone does it... That guy even did it... Do you think that one day he was just sitting in his room and he just started glowsticking/stringing and figured out and mastered all the moves by himself... with no ones help... Haha Im guessing not.. Cause this place is here to help everyone with glowsticking/stringing learn new moves that you can use to create your own artform... Your own dance... I mean all popular dances are about routine, glowsticking/stringing you just do what you feel should come next... doesn't have to be the same thing... Thats why I love Glowsticking/stringing...since I love going with the music and making a dance as I go... Hopefully this will show people that Battling is wrong for glowsticking and should never happen... I will fight to make sure it doesn't happen... I believe in PLUR... I believe in this Forum and its views... I feel that we should all come together and help one another and not battle... But I am sorry for your loss Sparrow and I hope that things will get better for you and your family... Please don't let some bad apples take you away from this culture...

I really never post on here, but have watched the majority of Seven, Cleric's, and your videos.

I'm an intelligent person and I would never expect people to be as retarded as what was in your case. But obviously spicey has nothing better to do with his life like alot of wanna be thugs then pick apart an artform. Sticking shouldn't be about battles, I also find it extremely ironic he gave your wife some e to kill her considering it's one of the few drugs out there where you get a feeling of euphoria. He should've taken those tabs given you a hug brought his ass up to Gary, Indiana or Chicago and fought someone if he's that much of a punk. Hopefully he has a pleasant time in jail where he'll contemplate for the majority of his youthful years why he killed someone over an art form.

My condolences man.

Sparrow dont give up on SA... we're not all bad apples

I lost a good friend around the same time and I kinna know what its like to lose someone

Im not much of a prayer person but I will for you

im not sure if sparrow has checked in since he made this post, but i just wanted to check in and see how things are going?

how you and your wife are doing????

I am in deep sorrow for your loss. I would like to imagine though, that one child who would be loved and would have had lived a lengthy life of good and bad times, will not have to come upon the same treatment you or your wife have faced, in this situation.

I cannot understand the pain you both may feel. But I have seen it, I know it as a bystander, I fear it with knowing I myself could not even muster the courage to hold the dying child of someone I loved. Fearing the pain i couldn't ease of a mother without her baby.

People don't realize the risks they put others in with the anger they address a materialized situation with. There are so much bigger things in life... like life...

damn dude...that some really grimy shit there man, im so sorry that had to happen, its people that dont understand the culture that do that kind of thing. i might be a newcommer for GS.C ((only been here since like june)) but i follow the PLUR lifestyle as best as i can because it makes sense. its one thing to call someone out, but to try and prove yourself by hurting them or a loved one, thats really dirty shit, and i do not pity those people that are in jail right now for what they have done to you and your wife. my deepest condolences to the both of you and i pray that you both stay strong through it all, i pray for your saftey from here on out, and i pray for those that have been hurt in similar ways. its not right, were stuck being only a culture if people stay like this, to be a family, this shit has to stop.

wow sparrow, i was literally brought to tears by that post. It made me both sad and angry - sad because of your loss and angry because someone could possibly be so montrous as to do something like that... This story really stands as a testament to just how important the ideals of PLUR and GSC are to keeping not only glowstickers, but also the whole world together.

There is something to be learned by this story, and that is to learn to respect your fellow man. Despite sparrow's incredible loss, he shows no signs of hostility, no signs of blind rage, and above all no signs of strong vindication. Sparrow, instead of breaking himself from the community he loved, instead of sinking into a deep hole like i know i would have, decided to make a post to the Glowsticking community about why PLUR is important, and why any sort of negative competition brought to the Glowsticking world can leave everyone hurt and in a state of pure tumult.

Sparrow is really a brave person for making this post, and i praise him for the courage displayed in sharing this most relevant story to the GSC community. Though it is true that in the end, justice was served, we must all look to a day in which justice will never be necessary, when all of the world can live together in harmony, and such displays of courage will never have to be seen again.

The story is indeed a tragic one, but i beleive this anecdote to be strongly necessary in order to help spread the message of GSC. Killing a person over something so small is never worth it, and i am sure anyone reading this article will agree. The overall message however, remains a much more profound one, one that is still to be developed even on a global scale, and it is these stories that can be passed down from generation to generation in order to teach certain vital ideals to those who will outlive us.

With all luck, history will not repeat itself. With all luck, there will never again be a story like this. We can only hope that this tragic tale will reach the ears of those who need to hear it most, and that it will affect them the way it has affected all of us here at GSC.

PLUR

Very very sorry to hear what happened. I'm really glad those guys got sent to prison for what they've done.

I just want to thank you for the glowstringing tutorial thread. I really hope that everything gets better for you and your wife.

...wow... i hope that you'll be able to recover from this incident... nobody deserves this...

my prayers are with you...

Sparrow man, My condolances and prayers are with you and your wife. Nobody should ever have to go through the emotional pain that you have had to endure over the past 2 months. I, among everyone else here, remind you that the GS.C family is here for you and your wife should you need anything.

~Squirrel

Bless your soul for being a kind man after these tragic events. You have been put on this earth for a reason. Good or bad at the end, Karma always work in mysterious ways. Wish you and your family the best in the future. This website is great because i know Dave personally, and i do approve everything he does. To me he's like my brother with a heart of gold. Thank you for helping GS.C

I don't really know what to say but, I can say a few things that may help I hope,

I'll ask my church if they can pray for you and your wife and have a few moments of silence.

and I really did cry about that.....It touched my heart and I really don't know what to say right now I just wish for the best for you two.

I'll just say that there are sick people in this world and this just proves we do have to be careful. and this makes me more aware now, and You have us here to help you, we're family here. I've learned that.

damn man, i am so sorry about that

people

really suck sometimes

but thats awsome that you are still going to go out there to show all the rest of the people what the culture means.

fuck the haters

wow sparrow im really sorry for ur loss that makes me want to change my whole outlook on life

all i can say is that im really sorry for ur loss and whenever i get pissed at someone i will think back to this and remember that im better than spicy i dont need to get back at anyone and what he did was just messed up and im really sorry

I hadn't read this untill today, haven't had time lately to go through the forums.

My prayers are with you and your wife, Sparrow. It's horrible to hear that one of my greatest inspirations had to experience such a thing. Life has its bad times, but this is completely disgraceful.

Never give up on PLUR, we care about you here.

this world is a terrible place at times... but its someone like you that keeps hope alive. its mindboggling the amount of strength you have in posting such a story up and the ideology ur expressing is something i see lies within the very core of gsc. im only starting to spread my wings, until right now i didnt even know such things existed and such things have happened. the utopia this entire community exists for DOES exist within each of you, and i suppose it will exist thru me... as others have said... to offer u condolensces and such seems artificial right now... especially so long after this all happened. i can offer you the full extent of my respect tho. for having stood up so tall in such a time, and also... im sorry. lol. i just cudnt not say it... ^_^

This might be a little on the late side brother man but May god be with you and help you through

this is seriously screwed up. It is like a hate crime. I always new there were fucked up ppl in the culture (just read a youtube comment on a stringing video) but never thought they would go that far. Words can't describe what they lost but I am proud that a morally and emotionally strong person like sparrow is a member at GSC.