Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

suzume

Saving Texas

142 posts in this topic

my condolesences to you and your wife.

in reading this, i've come to realize how much rivalry there is and how far it's being taken. this art is something that's supposed to be taken in good fun, yet the fact that everyone's trying to be on top is forcing everything into a downward spiral, and it makes me really sad.

i just hope that this has been brought to the attention of the active members of both sites.

really sad.

I wish I could offer more than "My codolences" and "I'm sorry".... I can't imagine what you two are going through.

Please, both of you, stay strong.

I could barely read the last paragraph... "something in my eye"

Sparrow... You have done so much for this community and are so kind and reasonable... I hate what they did to you, your wife, your family. I really can't say much except that I'll pray for you guys.

Do the people on this place they come from know what happened? It would certainly serve as a sobering reminder of how bad their actions can be.

When the people in prison find out what these guys did... well... they're in for it.

I don't know what else to say... Good luck. Stay strong.

Dude, this is fucking sick. I can't possible imagine the pain your feeling dawg. God bless your soul man, I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Guest Queen of Spades

Sparrow, there are no words I could possibly right here to express how sorry I am for you. This post brought me to tears. I am in such shock as to how anyone could do that. The fact that someone did is just beyond horrific. Although we have never spoken, I, and as I'm sure you know, the rest of GS.C will always be here for you.

Your last few sentences are simply amazing. After what you've been through, the fact that you refuse to give and you still have hope... I think that's one of the most admirable things I have ever read in my entire life.

*Queen of Spades sends a giant hug your way

Sparrow man, i wish i could say than Im sorry...after reading what happened i had to just close the window, i didnt even wanna look at the website...How could someone go so far as to do something as horrable as what happened is beyond me.

I keep believing things happen for a reason, but why must they happen to the good people... It sickens me that they were part of this culture...

Again sparrow im sorry about everything that happened and just no man your little angel is up there, away from all this evilness, not having to feel the pain people cause to each other. I pray for you, misty, your whole family, and for your little angel up their.

I feel guilty.....

I just talked to you last night, asked "whats up dude?" had a casual conversation with you, and I didn't even know.....

I've seen how riled up you've become because of these SA stringers in the past, and now I think I finally understand the meaning behind it.

I could care less about those SA guys and what they did, what matters now is you and Misty, and that you are able to have the courage and the strength to get through this.

San Antonio is just San Antonio, but GSC is global, and next time somebody says to you "to GSC you're a god, but to the rest of the world you're a biter," remember who "the rest of the world" really is. You're one of the most inspirational, original, and amazing dancers we have here on GSC and I hope you know that.

Wow Sparrow, that's horrible..Glad to see this Spicy person is behind bars now, but that doesn't account for how badly that must have hurt. I'm sorry that you had to have this happen to you, one day after Christmas no less. :(

-hug-

Guest Duck

it's hard to believe that there are people out there that careless.

nay....it's more than hard to believe. this is simply outrageous.

that makes me so effing mad.....

it's stories like this that make me want to devote a large portion of my life somehow teaching the values of the culture to the point that it will prevent stituations like this, or the fights i keep hearing about here in colorado, or even the incident in Utah.

if only people cared to listen.

My condolences. I will pray for you and your wife every night. I'm so sorry, this was a bold, brave move on your part to post this.

I know I'm another complete stranger, but I'm a part of the culture, too, however small, and to not merely think, but to actually KNOW that someone who picked up glowsticks, and had enough time and desire to use these magical tools of wonder and happiness (I <3 GLOWSTIX!) as weapons of pride and malice, and to be driven to such an extreme as to injure the absolutely most innocent being possible, confounds me.

I'll be sure to share your story with anyone that could learn from it. As painful as occurences like these are, they aren't without their benefits; the more people are made to think and question, the more they understand the problem, the better they can react to it. PLUR is a huge part of the culture, but unfortunately, so are those people who, for whatever reason, can't seem to grasp the simple fact that positive is better than negative, that nice is better than naughty, and that when you feel anger and spite, and you focus on why you don't like something and how much you don't like it, you do nothing but make yourself miserable, negative, and angry, and these kinds of people are petty, insignificant, and shortsighted. Unfortunately, the ripples they leave in our lives are sometimes tsunamis, and the wreckage they leave in our souls quite permanent.

Peace, Love, UNITY!, and Respect, brother. My best wishes to you, and your wife.

I can't express how deep my sorrow is for your loss. As I read your story, and as I write this post, I pray for you and your family, which, through our love for glowsticking, is my family as well, even though we do not know one another. No one should have to endure the unspeakable atrocities you've suffered. From your words I can sense your strength of character which gives me hope that you have already and will continue to react to adversity admirably.

I agree that scene in Texas at the moment is such that it attracts those of a lesser character and quality. I suspect that these two individuals did not do this because the felt you were a biter. They had a score to settle with the world, and through ignorance and hatred, lashed out in an inconceivable manner.

To Gs.C: After an action there must be an equal and opposite reaction. Educate everyone you know about battling, PLUR, and straight up decency. Also heed this advice and tell it to everyone you know: while at parties, hold your drinks at all times. If it is an open container, leave your hand over it discreetly. If you leave it somewhere, even for a moment, leave it there. Your health, your life, and your soul is incomparable to the buck or the inconvenience of getting another drink.

My prayers are with you sparrow. Peace be in your heart. Give your wife a hug from me and everyone at Gs.C

that is so awful, sparrow, I'm so sorry. I really hope that things will work out for you guys. I hope your wife is okay as well. My love goes out to you both.

There is nothing i can think of saying because of all the feelings rushing through my mind and body.

it disgusts me and im sure everyone here, that there are people here that push things to the edge on little things.

Sparrow, I hope you, your wife, and your family will get through this with your heads high, not only are your friends and family there for you, but we too, the GSC family are here for you.

The best of luck, stay strong.

My heart hurts for you, and for your wife. I don't know what happens to make people like that. I have only recently started wanting to raise a child of my own, and I could not possibly imagine what it would be like to lose one; I cried when I read this. Society is in a bad way; this makes me want to fix things.

I don't come on as often as I used to, but I couldn't let this go. I'm sorry for you.

Wow that's a powerful story.

Next time if you need protection or anything just call me. I may not be that intimidating but I'm taller than 5'4 and am trained in fighting.

I hope your wife is okay after all this.

alright, after that talk with you earlier...

I just gotta say again... thanks for all the stuff, lately... the music, the videos you shared, and this thread...

I know I will never feel the pain that you have gone though but you have taught us to alot more about the culture and how we can strengthen the culture...

btw, staff... I think this thread should be moved to the "Dear GS.C" forums or "GS.C Culture" rather than be here under one of the subtopics area...

Once again Sparrow man I hope you do well and I will never suffer as much as you did. I suffered a terrible night tonight as well but nothing compared to you. Althought I did have a loss as well... I hope you and your wife are doing better man and stay strong. Live for Love.

god damn...

after coming back on after being inactive for a while, i see this thread...

man i dont know what to say as what i would probably say would just be inappropriate but i hope you and your wife both get better and never suffer like this again....

man ****in a**holes..

speechless....

man all this just because of competition... man you didnt deserve it...

i feel so sorry you...

As I was reading that.. I felt as if I could picture the events.. as if I were in your shoes.. I felt your pain.

I don't know what to say..

That is just fucked up..

Sorry man.. I feel pretty depressed from reading that..

We don't know each other (and I've never been to Texas) but when I read this I wanted to let you know that I'm so sorry to hear about what happened.

It can't have been too easy to write that post so I was amazed at how you managed to write it with such a determined focus on positivity and I thank you for that valuable message.

Lots of love to you both and may this year be yours xXx

I just puked after reading this. Stupid things to prove stupid points...:|

Just read this.

My sympathies go out to you.

I can't believe there are people that can stoop that low.

That is not right, this is not the art and the lifestyle that we strive for.

What happened was WRONG, and HORRIBLE, and I wish I could give you more of a response than, "I'm terribly sorry". Becuase I feel more than that. After reading this a while ago I felt horrified that the scene and art I have a passion for turning ugly.

I feel the need to address this issue, to show the lighter side and the side we all here on gs.c FOUGHT for. No violence, to crews, no gangs, no battles... and this is the EXACT reason why.

-RG

that's so messed up. we, as a group, definitely need to work towards preserving our dance with the right culture and the right philosophy... that's how we can prevent sad things like this from ever happening again. sigh.