Glowstringer's Perspective on First Fire Poi Set

2 posts in this topic

I just ordered my first pair of fire poi ever! I felt like I couldn't completely depart from my glowing roots, so I ordered it with the following:

- The smallest monkey fists I could order (the weight difference with past fire poi I've tried always throws me)
- Fire resistant rope called Technora rather than chain
- Ultra Knobs, which are rechargeable LED handles :o

They are arriving in a few days, so I will report back on what I think of them from a previously strictly glowstinging perspective.

Up til now, I've had little to no interest in spinning fire because of how different it feels and the minimal wrapping options. But I'm interested to see how far the prop has come with these new options. Stay Tuned!

My fire poi set is in and I love them! The Technora have a much more string-like feel to them and don't bother me at all when holding them directly with the knobs... speaking of the knobs! Totally worth the $40 extra. They are a fun touch to make them feel unique and standout from the other usual fire poi sets I've seen. I need to start learning moves to utilize them more! They have all sorts of color settings, but I find the yellow solid color setting looks the nicest when I'm spinning with fire. It can sometimes be difficult to press the button on the knobs, but I think that's just me having weak thumbs haha. As far as the small monkey fists, I am totally happy with the size of the fire. It might just be a fire culture thing to care about large flames, but coming from glowsticks, the weight trade isn't worth it for me. I find I can spin much longer without getting tired and I can spin faster than I had been able to with past poi sets I've tried out. I'm still getting used to spinning fire, but I highly recommend this config if you are looking into buy fire poi.

Here's a quick clip of me spinning them and not being very good lol:

Also a snapchat I took of them when I first got them :wub:

Edited by Aqua