Sign in to follow this  
zin

EDC was fun, but chaotic.

4 posts in this topic

We tried so hard to get the groups together, and I was hoping if it was easier that we could pull off an Ultra Circle.  Unfortunately, having multiple genres scattered across different stages made having a homebase difficult.  While I love the fact that it made some stages more roomier by making everyone roam the carnival grounds, it still was a huge bummer that we didn't get that unifying feel from past EDCs.

We are already working on plans to ensure next year and future events that we can meet up and find each other whenever smaller groups separate.

Aside from that chaos, I had major fun this year.  That owl was insane.  Circuit grounds had an amazing visual appeal with the screens providing that spatial dynamic.

How about you guys?

There was like 7 or 8 of us at some point.  it was hard keeping track of everybody but we all had fun... pretty lights :)

I agree. It was insane trying to meet up with everyone. There were still some people that I didn't see at all this year. I liked your idea of having multiple totems. Also, maybe set up a home base earlier before the event. It sucks that the genres were spread out all over the place, but maybe we could have a definite meeting spot with definite times for things such as ultra circles.

Unfortunately the best way to do things like this isn't through the GS.C site, but more through Facebook. Like the Event Page we had last year. That was insanely helpful to me. 

Still wish I would've been able to meet up with anyone else from GS.C :(  I'd be in favor of a pre-set homebase next year. Chaos aside though, best production I've ever been to. And for some reason everywhere I go now I keep seeing Owls...