Sign in to follow this  
FakeGhost

Where are all the old school peeps at?

30 posts in this topic

Hey everyone names jay aka TheFakeGhost, I recently logged back on to gs.c and saw the last post was yesterday but prior to that it has been quiet. I haven't been on the forums for a while due to my lack of time and accessibility, but now I'm back and I was looking Drake heart and demo. Back in 09 (or 08 don't remember) gs.c had an event at the anime expo, that's when I picked up my first glow stick and the world of EDM opened for me. I started djing and producing tracks for personal use (hobby). When my sister told me she wanted to go to edc I was shocked, she didn't even know who half of the artist were she wanted to go cuz all her friends were going... I am then realized something was happening the mass were on a rampage. I'm 25 now and stepped away from any and all large events, I prefer small intimate venues. (Anyways) I remember a few members were doing a S.O.S slogan (save our scene) is that still going on because honestly I think now more than ever is when it is needed. The younger generation is really into EDM so I would like to help pave it so it can be safe and positive experience for all. And let's try to revive this forum, meets, BBQ, let's try to make the way it was before the masses corrupted it.

Thanks for reading pm me and/or comment

Thanks again,

TheFakeGhost

-end of rant-

Alot of the older members have moved on with their personnel lives. College, work, getting married.... but like me they lurk around on here and FB, but now that GKK and I are back stateside I would love for all of us socal people to start partying it up again

Here....I stopped going to events since 07-08. Then I started going again last year, and going hard as ever..

I don't really string anymore, but I miss gsc

Well, I'm a part of that younger generation looking to learn. I'm one of the few among my peers who seems to appreciate EDM outside of Skrillex, so I don't have a group to party with, but with the right knowledge, and the luck to find others who appreciate the music like I do, perhaps I can bring more people with the right mindsets here.

It's something to hope for, anyway.

Thats great Hunter I love to see the the new generation with the right mind set. What city are you from?  

I wish I were in SoCal instead of TN :) my little sister has gotten into poi and I actually started stringing again last year

I was feeling all nostalgic looking at some of RG's YouTube videos at work last week

i'm now one of the most active glowsticker in my local nyc rave scene. and outside of raves, me, freak deke and syphonkiller will hang out to make up new moves. but i am mostly the only one that comes out to parties and crack sticks. aden made a few appearances and gimix is very in weekly flow art meetups. chewy skulls and pk stick ripping it as well.

• Upvote 1

I wish I were in SoCal instead of TN :) my little sister has gotten into poi and I actually started stringing again last year

I was feeling all nostalgic looking at some of RG's YouTube videos at work last week

Did I hear my name??

I saw this on Facebook. I miss my friends.

How are you guys?

-RG

FakeGhost, I'm from Fort Worth. 

Hunter, I'm in the h-e-b area on the east side of ft. Worth if you ever wanted to chill hahaa :P

Nice i.love the Congo going on I wish I was close to ft worth but I'm in the Pasadena area, also the downy area so if anyone is down to have a meet in those areas that would be  kool :) 

Just might have to take you up on that, Suzume.
I came here to break out of my shell and meet some people, so I might as well get started lol.

I'm still here  ^_^  just been uber busy with school. still practicing daily though :D

not really old school i guess.. but whatever

Edited by JaredHimself

Unfortunately school and the job and the so and life gets in the way of a lot of things. I haven't actively committed to getting better and learning new things since maybe '09/'10. I still pick up the sticks, but honestly things are a little too busy and other aspects of life are a lot more important right now.

I can't believe I'm posting on here!!! It's been years. Since 08 at least. Started in 2000. I guess life got in the way recently. All that growing up and stuff.

Burnsssshhtt, Freque, Chen (still in China or traveling the world...idk...), Starlight, and others I can't remember that I've met or hung with. It's been a long time.

I was one of the instructors at that anime expo event. That was gsc in it's prime. It's pretty much gone now compared to what it was back then.

I'm still around and still throwing meetups in the Bay Area regularly, although most of our activity has moved to facebook though. We still have an extremely active and growing community in Northern California.

Here is a link to our next big meetup and Ultra Circle I'm organizing if you were down to make a trip up north, we'd love to have any of you here.

https://www.facebook.com/events/158972937626032/

Life, it just moves so fast. Yet so slow. Has not been thaat long, and then it has. Glowsticking 3..years now. Naww, been longer than that. Or has it? Would have loved to of been here during the heyday, there's still plenty of time. This place makes me cheeze. Like the squeezy kind.

'Cause then you can share.

Frito?

Edited by Dgloww