Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bukklee

EDC Chicago 2013

9 posts in this topic

Okay so I had this nice long post about:

What people thought about EDC coming to Chicago

If anyone local was going to go

If any non-locals were entertaining the idea of going

BUT MY COMPUTER CRASHED AND IT WAS WIPED OUT, NOW YOU GET THIS SHORTHAND VERSION.

I personally don't think it's going to be any kind of substitute for Vegas, but I do think that it is going to be it's own unique experience seperate from Vegas. (I'M GOING TO VEGAS THIS YEAR REGARDLESS)

Chicago is long over due for this type of event. It's too great of city to not do this in. The history that Chicago has in the EDM scene and love that people have for the scene here is too much.

Memorial Day weekend in Chicago is already the place to be; The weather, the lake, the people, the food.... Seriously it's something that should be experienced by all.

Add the first ever event like this into the mix, who knows what could happen. Magic I bet. =P

Even though it's not really in Chicago(venue is about 25-30 miles outside the city)which puts it much closer to mi casa. =)

So yeah... anybody going, thinking of going?

I'm even open to the idea of letting some out-of-towners stay/crash at my house, if they so decide to make the trek to one of the greatest cities in the world in May.

I'd even be a pal and do some sight-seeing.

there's a very good chance I could make it to this.

Will definitely keep you updated as the date draws closer

there's a very good chance I could make it to this.Will definitely keep you updated as the date draws closer

that would be the bee's knees

I had THIS awesome daydream going on while I was in meetings all day at work:

Suzume scoops up Xetmath on the way to EDC Chicago(if he was driving); and xbadkaroakex flees his homeland for a weekend and comes to Chicago for EDC.

It's like a concept blog meet-up.

Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure if that's geographically a possibility. lol

I forgot how big Texas is.

I HAVE A DREAM.....

me and wayne will probably be there.  are you guys going all 3 days?

i think wayne is planning on going to vegas edc too, but i don't know how far he got with that plan.

I'll be there Saturday.

I'd love to finally meet you Wil. You got me into this crazy world of glowsticking all them years ago.

Keep an eye out for a bald-headed white dude in a hoodie spinning ledz. That would be me. Come say hi if you see me. =]]]

Triple Post

Last night was, in my eyes, a great opening night of EDC in Chicago. It was cold and the dance floors were muddy, but the vibe was right. Fireworks were amazing and I got to meet some other great glowstickers from out of town. Handed out some 5min sticks to anyone I saw spinning, which got me my first piece of kandi. That was cool.

I didn't have a set list of people I wanted to see, so I would wonder around until I was drawn to a sound. I ended up stopping in the Bass Pod, which when I looked at it on paper I didn't think I would be spending any time there.

Easily one of the best spins I've ever had. I had no idea who it was that was playing while it was happening but damn was it good. Turns out it was Nadastrom from DC.

A&B, Koan Sound, Dj Isaac, Gabriel & Dresden, Kaskade & Headhunterz were standouts for me too.

We shall see how day 2 goes. I'm leaving now. IT'S GONNA RAIN!!!