Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

onetoughguy920

btb 3bt weave

10 posts in this topic

Whenever i get into my btb weave eventually it starts to smack my shoulders or rub against my elbow slowing it down or stopping it. I was wondering if any of you guys had/have this problem and/or have a solution to it. :smokin:

Hmmm, I had this problem when I was learning it. The first thing I did was to just keep forcing the strings to keep going. Regardless of how much I'm hitting myself

The next thing I would do is determine where I'm hitting myself, and which hand is controlling that string. Then I think I just moved my arm/wrist/body in different ways until I was able to figure out a way to avoid it. Then I pretty much went on to another part that I realized that I was hitting myself on a lot.

Basically, I jus focused on it part by part - first figure out one section of where I'm hitting myself, move my body/arm/wrist to solve it, then move on to another section of my body where I'm being smacked by my own glowstrings

Though I didn't really need to do this THAT much, but with practice, you will get used to the feel of how they go, and your body will avoid them naturally.

I don't know how I got it down... It just came out of no where... but anyways, try doing it w/ handles first and listen to what goldenxradian has to say...

Try swaying your body? I found that to be helpful.

Practice practice practice.

BTB weaves are not something you can just pick up; everyone has to put the time into it.

And if you're smacking yourself too much, concentrate on turning your body a bit more and aiming where you swing. Of course you can't see any of this and your reach is very limited, so it'll take a while.

I still suffer from this same problem, and it pisses me off a lot considering I've been doing it for like 8 or so months now. I can do it, but it just looks like I'm in a lot of pain, lol. well it feels that way anyway...cuz I am...Plus it's still not easy to transition into at the moment.

SO long story short, I don't do them anymore, lol. At least I know I can.

But basically like everyone's said, just keep at it and practice practice practice, the best advice anyone can give.

practice a lot, sadly it took me three months, but a few weeks after i got it it got really smooth.

if u really have trouble, and bending over still doesnt work to great, u might want to crouch down while bending over and sway your body a bit. when you first start it, it may seem like all the movement is in your elbows.

if this still doesnt help and you have been practicing for a long time, i suggest you try and learn rever btb 3 beat weave. For some reason reverse was so much easier for me to do rather than forward. maybe also learn two beat?

just some ideas =]

id also have to say swaying the body. watch some vids you always see people doing it. also adds some style points i think.. just my 2cents.