Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bukklee

PLEASE FIX THE SITE LAYOUT

12 posts in this topic

What is the progress on getting the site/forums back to some kind of working order?

This can't be how it's going to stay.

GSC was already having it's issues getting people engaged in the site and now it's unbearable.

If I was a brand new member and I had never been to the site, I would instantly click onto something else, just based on how it looks and functions.

I apologize if this is being addressed in another thread...I wasn't able to find anything, after looking through 8 pages of spam I gave up.

Did my best to rid Homebase: General Chat of all the spam, but I may have deleted one or two legit topics in the process.  I'll work on the others when I have time.

A few new changes to help fix this.

Upgraded invisionboard to the latest version, which comes with a pretty cool anti-spam test. you  basically get an image that you have to put back together. Log out of GSC and try and register now.

Also, when you report someone as a spammer, all their posts gets temporarily unapproved, which should help with clean up.

Better skin is coming soon, but damn I do have to say the latest skins are pretty darn clean so it'll be a hard decision which might take me some time. ideally i'll find something that has both a darker and lighter version

I changed the skin when the spam bots were still around to make it look a little nicer, but I realized that I cannot change it back to normal so that I see what you guys see, nor can I log out.

speaking of changing forum skins, is it possible for users to have the option to pick their skin color? there is such a split of skin color preference, it would make everyone happy if we could just allow members to pick from a set of skins :D

The pages are now nothing but skinless messes :'( Plz fix it if you are not already n the prosses of doing so.....

So how exactly do we report someone's post as spam? The issue doesn't seem to be fixed at all.

Site layout seems to have been fixed up again. I am still getting this error though.

Error: Could not load template 'hookRecentGalleryImages' from group 'boards'

I get that error along with not being able to sign in/out or register on my home computer, also sometimes it goes to mobile mode when im not on mobile or something like that. These are probably known issues just throwin this out there lol