Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SpecialtyLeds

[Video] custom made led poi

7 posts in this topic

You can purchase these high quality, high power rechargeable LED Poi with remote controllers, fully strung with polyester rope and ball bearing swivels, at

http://www.specialtyleds.com/shop/rechargeable-led-poi-illumiCHUX

• What do you guys / girls think??? :dope or :thumbdown: ???

Lmao 400 bucks...

There was a special which just ran out that was taking off $200 for the first few people that purchased the illumichux, but it has just now expired on the site. The price is now back to it's normal $289 for the entire package.

These poi are engineered to last a lifetime under the most extreme circumstances of usage, they can change color / strobe by remote control, and are -rechargeable- up to hundreds of uses.

• Adding up what a typical person would pay for flowlights ( which do not have remote controls, high power LEDs, or 1/16" inch polycarbonate protection ), for four flowlights + flow cases you are already at $100.

• Add another $5-6 for batteries, which you have to replace after 3-4 hours of usage += $106.

• Add another $20 for the handles, swivels, and ropes = $ 126.

Take into account that illumichux are about 100 times brighter than flowtoys, any color can be picked by remote control, and the fact that they are rechargeable ( batteries included, and USB chargers included, USB smart charger ) up to several hundred uses -

What would you pick?

I personally think what you are doing is a great concept, and really neat, but not for me. Ill stick to my LEDz though, a ton cheaper. Though i am curious, extreme circumstances? Like, i can take these, and freehand underwater or something extreme, and they will still last?

I personally think what you are doing is a great concept, and really neat, but not for me. Ill stick to my LEDz though, a ton cheaper. Though i am curious, extreme circumstances? Like, i can take these, and freehand underwater or something extreme, and they will still last?

One can literally slam on of the illumichux into a brick or concrete wall at maximum velocity and the polycarbonate shell nor the inner sensitive electrical components will not break. Tested time after time again. Flowtoys will break if they slam into a hard wood floor. Illumichux will not. The impact resistance is very high impact resistance which approaches 30 times that of safety glass, thus in turn, preventing breakage or damage while spinning extremely fast and colliding with another hard object.

Underwater freehanding usage would be a custom modification that could be requested for an additional cost. They would last assuming the user did not open the protective sleeve underwater.

^I have to admit, that is pretty awesome. Definitely unique. I dont really glowstick enough to even put something like this in my budget, Im sure you'll find someone to buy them though!

Also i hope you dont think the LEDz i am talking about are flowtoys, i think they are highly overpriced and shit anyways...