Sign in to follow this  
BPAfree

Where are they now.

29 posts in this topic

readin through old topics and culture treads there were some very vocal people who seemed to just one day up and disappear. Whatever happened to guys like eysan, cleric and other staff.

What about even older guys like wes wil and people we can see videos of from forever ago. Did they grow up...grow out...just become busy?

It seems like gsc used to be very....dramatic compaired to now also.

That's a good question...

Wes & Wil have popped their heads in here and there but nothing that has stuck.

Cleric only comes in when things get a little tense on the forums, but I don't even know anymore because he wasn't involved at all with the most recent one.

Not too long ago, it seemed like every week an old school member was making some form of return to the site. It didn't last though.

There are a couple of people that I would consider old members still around. Suzume(aka Sparrow) & Greens2Dust

Less drama, yes

Less people, yes

Have you had a different SN in the past? If so, what was it? Are you one of these old school glowstickers making a return? =))

I'm an idiot, my reading comprehension is way off today. I read your post completely different first go round. LOL

Edited by bukklee

Well, as for me I still lurk the forums, I'm not nearly as active.

I've been married for 3 years now and my wife is 20 weeks pregnant

538790_10151054370681625_73517271_n.jpg

A lot of the old school people are just busy with real life and real jobs instead of having time to go to parties and stick during the weekends. I still practice, I still relax with spinning, but I'm just not trying to push for new things or new concepts.

• Upvote 2

I don't necessarily consider myself an old school member. I've only been here since I was lucky enough to find this community in 2010. Many people have been here longer than me. I remain an idealist in support of the cultural beliefs GSC once stood adamantly for. I'm not going anywhere. Even if we lose the great spam war of 2012 we will rise again from the ashes.

P.S. Until the spam issue is fixed I'll be camping tinychat as much as I can. 

Edited by Noqturnal

I'm waiting for Geo to come back. Then I'll come back too. :P

Edited by Xyphox

Well, Wes has a kid now. 

I posted a lot for almost 10 years. I think that's pretty good. But sometimes you got responsibilities, son.

I suspect most other people that are older have this sort of thing going on. I see a lot of people who were mental fuckups 5 years ago doing real well now and it makes me happy.

I'm working my fucking ass off too. Career is different even for someone like me who will willingly work 80 hours a week when you get promoted to upper management. Now I have to do well or people get fired and their lives ruined for a bit. 

• Upvote 1

I know most of the old school Colorado members are mostly just vocal when we hang out on a weekly basis.  I think I'm considered Old School, I was never extremely vocal, but love to check the forums out and comment every once in awhile.

I see a lot of people who were mental fuckups 5 years ago doing real well now and it makes me happy.

When I joined, 6 years ago, that was me. 15 and unstable. God I've grown so much and I feel, even though I haven't been around for all 6 years, that this community has helped shape me into a better person. Thank you Dave and Sparrow and QoS and all the innumerable people who helped me make it to today.

I have no idea if I qualify as being vocal and such but I'll reply anyway. Life happened, I got busy with my student rowing club and I'm trying to get a degree in law so that's pretty much in a nutshell why my activity has fallen and such.

Cheers

I'm a noob (only 3 years) but I stopped posting because the forums were dead and I had other stuff to do. I suspect it's a common story.

Holy shit.... wes  has a kid.

That's just... unbelievable to me. 

I consider myself an old school GSCer, way back when I was 15-16 years old. I'm living in Los Angeles now going to med school and I've been dying to pick up my strings again and finally meet other glowstickers! 

its kind of fun reading this kind of stuff and thinking oh crap. i remember him/her. Feel bad i forgot about dave now.

My life is kinda hecktic now. I float between jobs when Im not working on a new indy film. Right now Ive landed a job that letting me work on a musical and still film for commercial contests. not too many raves in my area of oklahoma.

It seemed at one point there was a lot drama on the threads and it seemed that people thinned out and stopped making a presesnce.

I've got a kid of my own now, hell I was just a kid when I first signed up 10 years (holy fuck saying that is crazy)

I have been inactive for a long time but still keep in touch with people here and there.

A few years ago did a Fire Performance with Adrillf out in the Salt Flats in Utah while he was attending School.

Spun and hung out Many times with Kael while he was out here as well.

THis.

Is amazing,

<3

Edited by Dgloww

I check and pay the bills for the site, make sure there isn't yet another virus or malware.

The truth is that a lot of people prefer to have small talk and party coordination posts through Facebook now. And yes, a lot of the people who pushed the art are older now. But I do pick up the glowsticks every now and then for sure. I have to kind of plan for parties way in advance, and work often gets in the way.

In the past EDM was kind of a sub-culture. It's now fully integrated into mainstream culture. There's a lot more awareness and I have a hard time meeting people who haven't been to an EDM event. 

I don't think it was the drama that pushed people away-- I think glowsticking.com did its job. I don't see a lot of crewz and shit now. That battling culture kind of just faded away. Now glowsticking reminds me of late 90s and early 2000s, before everyone rushed in. When I see a new glowsticker at a party, it's genuinely surprising and pleasing. Just like before. All the veterans are still around. It's crazy difficult to keep trying to push the art-- now I just feel more relaxed-- like I don't HAVE to glowstick. That paradoxically makes me enjoy it more.

In short, I still got great love for GSC and glowsticking.

• Upvote 1

I've still got mad love for GSC too!  A lot of people I've met on this forum are lifelong friends, and for that reason alone I'll remain loyal to GSC. Unfortunately, school and work will always take precedence, but you will still find me at EDC trying to coordinate meet-ups and wrangle everyone together.

Those are some names I haven't seen in a while. damn.

Not much dude. Hows the florida life treating you? Crash any more cars?