Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BPAfree

man....

6 posts in this topic

literally years lol but honestly dont worry about trying to be as good as person X, just practice what you want when every you can / feel like it and you'll be bustin out bad ass moves in no time :)

WELCOME TO GS.C

Yeah literally years bit over 3 years and I'm nothing compared to these other cats. But that's not what its about. Its about having fun with it and meeting new people!

It's different for everybody. I've been freehanding since 2001 and I don't consider myself that great, but I've seen people advance to levels that blow my mind in just a few months. But as Trebek said, that's not what it's about. It's about having fun. If you're having fun it doesn't matter what skill level you are. Not to say that it's not fun to be able to watch a video of yourself and think "wow I can't believe I've reached this level from where I was at before in so and so time," but the fun while you're doing it is what really counts. Plus if you're having fun you naturally get better anyway because you practice more - because the practice is fun!

Practice and dedication. Ive been going for 4 years ish, and man i still suck. some people grasp concepts better then others. Just dont ever think you cant do something, and keep trying. Shit i thought the reverse weave was impossible, then one day, two years later, i got it.