Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kemicalU4ia

i have a secret

47 posts in this topic

U4ia, you should respond to the admin, Photon, instead of the other members.

You haven't addressed Photon and his questions. And if you have any questions about the culture or the rules or anything, you can address him or a much older member. Here or in PM.

This thread might be locked soon, before it escalates even further.

Disclaimer: I use the word "you" in the indefinite sense of the word throughout this post to address "battlers" as a group. It is not intended to address U4ia specifically.

I do not hate you. I'm not gonna tell you what to do. I'm not gonna beg you to denounce battling and stay with us. Make up your own damn mind. I'm tired of these threads. Unless you are dense, it is clear why battling is not approved of here. In special cases where someone actually doesn't understand, we have an entire section full of related articles and past discussions on such topics (which needs to be moved closer to the top of the main forum page in my opinion).

If you are intelligent enough to understand why we don't approve of battling, yet you do it anyway, it means that no amount of discussion or explanation is going to change your point of view on the matter. In order for someone who battles to cease battling, the desire to stop must not be external (ie; you cannot be a member of GSC if you are a known battler), but rather internal (ie; a personal belief that battling only breeds negativity). Decisions made to please others are often followed by resentment. If you think battling is bad then stop battling. If you really don't get it then please leave and we will welcome you back with open arms when you come to your senses. <3

The comment of yours I quoted couldn't be more in-context. If the comment was to a fellow stringer that you were joking around with, you would not have phrased the comment with the word "whoever." Someone tossed you a dislike on youtube (not anyone you knew personally) and you got upset and said rude things that you now regret. At least man up and admit it. Battling breeds only ostentation and negativity toward your fellow stringers and this is a crystal clear example of it.

"Whoever" <~~ i was being sarcastic man, i knew who it was, and im sure your one of the others that did. You dnt know me or who i know, or how we joke around with each other. really the problem is, is that you take things to serious man, i don't even know what to say to you anymore.

I will STILL be apart of gsc, whether you want or not. Im here for the sole reason of one persons being, that man is sparrow. He's helped me so much. One of the seldom few who are still genuine

Man up and admit what? Obviously i did. I felt like i needed to admit to my once beloved family, that my views have changed. I could have just up nd slandered everyone here just one day outta the blue..but NO that's not me, i came forth with honesty. Im not trying to cause any misconfuzion with the site or the ppl here.

<_<

Emotioncons say 1000 words.. would you like to add some more or..?

this thread is beyond stupid at this point, mod please lock it and i guess pm me and ill pass it along to u4ria via fb pm if the mods want to talk to him but this is the kind of shit that causes me to go on month long hiatuses from the forums

Me opening up to a ONCE loved family is ..stupid.

U4ia, you should respond to the admin, Photon, instead of the other members.

You haven't addressed Photon and his questions. And if you have any questions about the culture or the rules or anything, you can address him or a much older member. Here or in PM.j

This thread might be locked soon, before it escalates even further.

There is no need for this to escalate further, honestly it seems like... nevermind. But im not looking for trouble, cause corruption or seeking attention. There is no need for me to look threw the forumz or the culture, bc when i first became a part of this community(i can say i was apart of the seldom few, who were here, being active everyday, posting, playin in sandboxx, making new friends(?) So trust me i know a little about the culture and what gsc is for.

this thread is beyond stupid at this point, mod please lock it and i guess pm me and ill pass it along to u4ria via fb pm if the mods want to talk to him but this is the kind of shit that causes me to go on month long hiatuses from the forums

wow really? Virtually your doing more harm than i am by posting that karaoke, just pick up and leave. What good is that going to do? All your doing is discouraging the young ones man, your a vet, <~~ with a maturity level of a padawan(that disappoints me to say) this should make you want to stay here even more, i know since i posted that thread, my willingness to stay has been off the charts. I created this thread for any of the other stringers like my self who are still apart of gsc don't feel so alienated and alone, to let them know its ok if you rep,or battle (i haven't even done either of them yet, but yet i get slander like a black guy in the 40s. ),just not here, not to mention but why would anyone even call some one out on gsc, i live in atx, someone tell what gsc member lives in Austin? Not one. So to call someone out would be idiotic..; "What you want to battle on viral video?!" Pfft forget that noise, thered be not one point. So once again, i don't talk shit nor slander or any of that garbage, but in return thats all i get.

Thank you gsc members >_>

Me opening up to a ONCE loved family is ..stupid.

at this point its just a flame war b/w u and noq i was just trying to keep the drama off the fourms but since every post is getting dragged down into troll city im outta here see y'all in a few weeks

at this point its just a flame war b/w u and noq i was just trying to keep the drama off the fourms but since every post is getting dragged down into troll city im outta here see y'all in a few weeks

I have no problem with him.

Why leave? What's the point. What good does that do for this community.

Don't wrry im done, i made my point.

You yourselfs will be the demise of gsc, not me. I will constantly do my best to push my art, as for you its seemd you've given up.

1love. - Glitch

I created this thread for any of the other stringers like my self who are still apart of gsc don't feel so alienated and alone, to let them know its ok if you rep,or battle (i haven't even done either of them yet, but yet i get slander like a black guy in the 40s. ),just not here

You never said anything about "not here." That was everyone else. It's not okay to battle which is why battlers are not welcome here. That said, we aren't going to tell you what to do and no matter how civil we are about it all you're going to interpret even the mildest of posts as inflammatory because you are getting defensive. Next time PM a moderator instead so you don't feel "slandered." You say you haven't battled, yet earlier in the thread you say you made "the transition" 5 months ago. You're painting yourself into a corner.

The reason we are unhappy with this thread is because it advertises a positive attitude toward battling. If your true purpose in posting was to eliminate your own inner conflict and decide for yourself what you think is right, you went about it the wrong way. It seems like this is a "give me attention" thread. You've been here long enough. If you don't understand why battling is wrong I already said we will welcome you back with open arms when you come to your senses.

That reiterated, I'm done feeding the trolls. Can we get this locked like I've been asking for since the beginning of the thread?

" You say you haven't battled, yet earlier in the thread you say you made "the transition" 5 months ago. You're painting yourself into a corner.

The reason we are unhappy with this thread is because it advertises a positive attitude toward battling. If your true purpose in posting was to eliminate your own inner conflict and decide for yourself what you think is right, you went about it the wrong way. It seems like this is a "give me attention" thread. You've been here long enough. If you don't understand why battling is wrong I already said we will welcome you back with open arms when you come to your senses.

That reiterated, I'm done feeding the trolls. Can we get this locked like I've been asking for since the beginning of the thread?

Yes, 5months ago when my views changed. You don't just hope right into talking crap and calling out everyone man. You gotta give it some time to see if thats the kinda of culture you want.

I know, i know i said i was done, but he insisted on lashing out on ny previous comments (which is what he does) if you want this locked(which there is a reason why it hasn't been yet.) Then stop commenting. Take initiative yourself, don't even glance at this thread. Why constantly come back to reiterate the same things. I made my peace.

Emotioncons say 1000 words.. would you like to add some more or..?

:wallbash:

You don't just hope right into talking crap and calling out everyone man. You gotta give it some time to see if thats the kinda of culture you want.

why anyone would want a culture like that is beyond me.

Guuuuuuys. Let's just stop posting in threads like this. Flame wars never solve anything. And even if we feel we aren't flaming eachother, the other party may view it that way.

u4ia, for what it's worth, you said good bye. Alright, then leave peacefully, no need to get the last word. If you feel we're being immature or in the wrong, then let us. Like you said, you're done, you've made your point, your relative point. Congrats. Now please exit stage left, and let us fill this thread up with more superfluous text and sayings that honestly don't matter to you or those who think the same of battling. See you on Facebook.

inb4 another unnecessary locked thread.

I read these posts and just sigh and laugh at the same time. Laughing cause its so pointless and sigh cause it always gets dragged on for so long.

There should just be a thread where all the extremists can go get off on...

Seriously people how long will these threads go on for? People aren't so stupid to not know what GSC's cultural values are(some are, but its rare), so grow the fuck up and don't let things like this become more than a nuisance. There are always going to be people that come here to argue, and there is always someone here to argue back with them and tell them your wrong for doing this or that, we don't allow that, your killing the art, blah blah fucking blah! Does it really matter what they think or what you think....NO.

They are still going to glowstick and so are you, your both going to push the art in some form or fashion, so why continue to let it bother you and constantly argue about who is right and who is wrong. Seeing these threads and constant arguments makes no sense to me. If you take out all the other values of this is right and this is wrong and make it simple the way it should be....You either glowstick or you don't, so there is already that common hobby, why not leave it at that and let people be who they wanna be and do what they want with the art. Difference is what will make things grow, so let people choose what they want and quit bashing on them as well as making everything so complicated.

To reiterate:

It is what it is and you can't force feed people to believe in what you believe, they have to make that internal choice themselves.

Go outside and take a stroll before you start yaking away on here for the sole reason of argument or to prove that GSC is somehow better for glowsticking than anything else.

Keep glowsticking, and spread the word regardless of what you or they believe in.

Leave your fucking egos behind, GSC is not some type of "elite group" like some people like to think it is, just cause you believe in the cultural values of GSC does NOT make you right and them wrong for any reason!

So grow up, get over it, and move on, before this site turns into a fucking communist glowsticking community.

/endrant :)

I read these posts and just sigh and laugh at the same time. Laughing cause its so pointless and sigh cause it always gets dragged on for so long.

There should just be a thread where all the extremists can go get off on...

Seriously people how long will these threads go on for? People aren't so stupid to not know what GSC's cultural values are(some are, but its rare), so grow the fuck up and don't let things like this become more than a nuisance. There are always going to be people that come here to argue, and there is always someone here to argue back with them and tell them your wrong for doing this or that, we don't allow that, your killing the art, blah blah fucking blah! Does it really matter what they think or what you think....NO.

They are still going to glowstick and so are you, your both going to push the art in some form or fashion, so why continue to let it bother you and constantly argue about who is right and who is wrong. Seeing these threads and constant arguments makes no sense to me. If you take out all the other values of this is right and this is wrong and make it simple the way it should be....You either glowstick or you don't, so there is already that common hobby, why not leave it at that and let people be who they wanna be and do what they want with the art. Difference is what will make things grow, so let people choose what they want and quit bashing on them as well as making everything so complicated.

To reiterate:

It is what it is and you can't force feed people to believe in what you believe, they have to make that internal choice themselves.

Go outside and take a stroll before you start yaking away on here for the sole reason of argument or to prove that GSC is somehow better for glowsticking than anything else.

Keep glowsticking, and spread the word regardless of what you or they believe in.

Leave your fucking egos behind, GSC is not some type of "elite group" like some people like to think it is, just cause you believe in the cultural values of GSC does NOT make you right and them wrong for any reason!

So grow up, get over it, and move on, before this site turns into a fucking communist glowsticking community.

/endrant :)

+1. Austin is right on.

All moral and ethical judgements aside, there are (or used to be) rules to abide by here. Right and wrong are relative and when you are here on these forums, battling is wrong. No one is or was telling anyone what they can or can't do elsewhere since all the admins/moderators that enforce that kind of stuff moved on.

I miss having Cleric around. =[

Also, you're gonna have to explain that communism metaphor Trebek.

Seems like there's an awful lot of miscommunication and misunderstanding in this thread.

It's pretty simple. Keep battling off GS.c. We are a community that does not condone battling.

Don't advertise it in a positive attitude. It contradicts what we stand for.

Not to mention, it breaks out into controversy and results in flame wars.

It's a moot point now. But it would have been better if you had messaged a member.

It's great that you felt the need to come clean, and I know you had no bad intentions, but unfortunately for you, battling is not condone here.

So..don't be upset or feel slandered when you walked right into it. I'm sorry you felt that way, but you're in a domain where we feel opposed to battling. You are definitely going to have members who disagree with you here, some moreso than others.

But from now on, just keep the battling and any mention of it off of GS.c public forums. Battling culture is not what we want to spread and not what we want new members to see. Feel free to do it anywhere else, but NOT in our community, our website, our forums, our sanctuary dedicated to our culture and our views of the art of glowsticking.

Just keep that in mind next time you think about posting anything in relation to battling.

We're not saying you can't battle and we dislike you. We wish you weren't battling, but it's your choice.

We're saying you can't battle or bring any of that here to GS.c.

I think we're good on any more paragraph long posts though. I get the notion that this discussion ended somewhere on the second page and everything after that was people saying the same thing or clarifying themselves after being misunderstood. More walls of text won't solve anything here. It's up to the mods now.

So you want the thread to die, but you're bumping it with a +1 instead of just giving him the rep? I'm confused because you didn't actually give him any imaginary internet points.

Edit for clarification: I don't care whether or not this thread dies in a timely manner.

I thought this got locked? What's with the sudden influx of spammers?