Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kemicalU4ia

i have a secret

47 posts in this topic

well gsc family I've been apart of this community since January, and i <3 it and the ppl that make it what it is(sparrow <3) but there is something i have to get off my chest. I am one of those battle stringers that we do so dred.. sigh, i don't know when the change happend but i feel like its helped me progress but at the same time i feel like im.being confined bc of my thought process. I still WANT to be a part of glowsticking.com but i thought id come clean and tell you guys. Maybe its just a phase. But i still <3 this site and this community. Thank you for the inspiration GSC. -sincerely Glitch

Door is over there.

Haven't you always been a battler? Well, at least you're active in Tech GS. :)

I am one of those battle stringers that we do so dread..

We?

Does that mean that you dread yourself?

To battle or not to battle? To. :)

But that's just us. Some do it some don't. I don't think it should be that big of a deal here. We all string, and that's what is important, Damien.

Can we get this locked already? This topic has been addressed countless times. I don't even understand this thread. If you battle, which we do not condone here, why would you make a thread declaring it?

Go battle your glowsticks kid... Come back when you grow up.

Going straight to insults and telling someone to grow up isn't going to influence them in any positive way what so ever. If you really wanted him to stop battling you didn't make a very good argument.

Going straight to insults and telling someone to grow up isn't going to influence them in any positive way what so ever. If you really wanted him to stop battling you didn't make a very good argument.

Perspective is relative. I am not errantly tossing about insults. I am telling him to grow up because battling is a childish thing to participate in. It is glowsticking for the sole purpose of external validation. Battling contributes nothing but strife and competition to a scene in which neither belong.

Do I care if he battles or not? Sure I do, but unfortunately there are always childish people doing childish things for childish reasons. However, that does not make it okay to do here. If you are going to be a tool then go do it somewhere else. This forum and community do not condone battling. Period. I am not here to persuade people to act differently.

These kinds of threads are asking for attention. "I know you guys are vehemently against *blank* but I *blank* anyway and I just wanted to make a thread to tell you guys thanks for the inspiration and resources that have helped me to go do the very thing you guys don't approve of."

This guy has been here since January and has had plenty of time to become familiar with how we expect members to conduct themselves. Despite that, he is a battler. This is a nobrainer. Lock this thread and give u4ia a warning/explanation/ban.

EDIT: Do we really want someone around here who posts things like:

Who ever disliked.is a fucking hater. And ill battle you, nd smoke your ass,you better hope.you don't have ledz cuz my rule.is i take your sticks when i wax your ass

^ http://www.youtube.com/comment?lc=w3POpVmpOQnwz027-QMl4mjW9PiRtiyhQsiu8JzvD-s comment source

Get out of here with your two faced bullshit. Your hateful mentality is not welcome here.

Best thing to do is just ignore this topic all together guys.

This already happened just a couple days ago.

At least he didnt join, and say he was a battler and go around trying to antagonize everyone. That's all im saying in this thread.

I don't understand why it's so hard to just keep battling off the forums..

I mentioned something about battling once in a weird context I guess on another thread a while back, I'm not even a battler, and I got heat for it.

Basically, I was told not to mention battling on the forums because that's what our new people see, and we don't want them to associate GS.c with battling or promote the battling culture. Especially since we're a site that does not condone and strongly oppose it. And that makes sense to me now. GS.c is our sanctuary.

Go do whatever you want to do in regards to battling. But keep it off of here.

No one is trying to change you. No one hates you.

Some people will get frustrated or heated with their words, someone people will say ignore it. This topic pops up quite often, so people get tired of explaining.

But I'm going to keep saying it, calmly and as clearly as I can convey it.

Just keep all things related to battling off of here. Don't promote it, don't talk about it.

Take it somewhere else.

I don't understand why it's so hard to just keep battling off the forums..

I mentioned something about battling once in a weird context I guess on another thread a while back, I'm not even a battler, and I got heat for it.

Basically, I was told not to mention battling on the forums because that's what our new people see, and we don't want them to associate GS.c with battling or promote the battling culture. Especially since we're a site that does not condone and strongly oppose it. And that makes sense to me now. GS.c is our sanctuary.

Go do whatever you want to do in regards to battling. But keep it off of here.

No one is trying to change you. No one hates you.

Some people will get frustrated or heated with their words, someone people will say ignore it. This topic pops up quite often, so people get tired of explaining.

But I'm going to keep saying it, calmly and as clearly as I can convey it.

Just keep all things related to battling off of here. Don't promote it, don't talk about it.

Take it somewhere else.

yup

I just want to say, I believe u4ia's intent genuinely came from a good place when he made this thread.

Do I think he should have posted it? No.

It's the same result everytime. This would have been better suited in a PM conversation between u4ia and an "older" member, or a mod....... if there were any around ....ZING.

I read this as someone slightly confused on what they believe at this point and all this thread is doing is definitely pushing them away.

Been there, done that.

I just want to say, I believe u4ia's intent genuinely came from a good place when he made this thread.

It's the same result everytime. This would have been better suited in a PM conversation between u4ia and an "older" member, or a mod....... if there were any around ....ZING.

I read this as someone slightly confused on what they believe at this point and all this thread is doing is definitely pushing them away.

Been there, done that.

Well, we can't choose for him. It's all up to him on what he wants to do. He said he loves GS.c and it might be a phase, so who knows?

And you're definitely right about PMing an admin instead..even though none are around that often. That's what I was kinda trying to get at.

If you want to talk about battling, don't do it on the public forums. People will get up in arms, controversy breaks out, and what GS.c stands for begins to look muddy with all these mixed opinions from all across the board and even outside of it.

You obviously know our stances on battling so I'm not going to go into that. I am curious as to why you decided to make this thread though. I don't think you're trying to be a troll, so I'm left with bukklee's suggestion that you're slightly confused in what you believe at this point.

If that be the case perhaps you should talk to some other members about the subject (via pm or im so things dont get heated as tends to happen on forums) and, if you feel up to it, read the articles if you haven't and try to understand why it is we have the no battling stance here.

I'd rather you have the chance to understand and learn than to see you go.

This is exactly what I went through after signing up.It will take some time to actually see and understand what the rules really mean.

Its not an easy phase with all the confusion going on.

Haven't you always been a battler? Well, at least you're active in Tech GS. :)

I made the switch about 5months ago.. so no i haven't always been a battle stringer.

We?

Does that mean that you dread yourself?

Sometimes yea

u4ia, check your PMs

I sent you my response =P

Sparrow, i can't on mobile,unless you could tell me how, if not ill have to get to a desktop(which i don't have) or something.. unless you don't mind sharing your response with the public, i would love to read it..but i can't on mobile

To battle or not to battle? To. :)

But that's just us. Some do it some don't. I don't think it should be that big of a deal here. We all string, and that's what is important, Damien.

Thanks for the advice, Terry. ^_^

Can we get this locked already? This topic has been addressed countless times. I don't even understand this thread. If you battle, which we do not condone here, why would you make a thread declaring it?

Go battle your glowsticks kid... Come back when you grow up.

It apparent that your the one that immature. I felt like i had to share bc I've been a part of this community for 6months now and learned alot and shared the same views.. but then something changed and o didn't feel right, posting in gsc as someone that im not.

<3 . At least someone has a civil head on their shoulders. I agree

Perspective is relative. I am not errantly tossing about insults. I am telling him to grow up because battling is a childish thing to participate in. It is glowsticking for the sole purpose of external validation. Battling contributes nothing but strife and competition to a scene in which neither belong.

Do I care if he battles or not? Sure I do, but unfortunately there are always childish people doing childish things for childish reasons. However, that does not make it okay to do here. If you are going to be a tool then go do it somewhere else. This forum and community do not condone battling. Period. I am not here to persuade people to act differently.

These kinds of threads are asking for attention. "I know you guys are vehemently against *blank* but I *blank* anyway and I just wanted to make a thread to tell you guys thanks for the inspiration and resources that have helped me to go do the very thing you guys don't approve of."

This guy has been here since January and has had plenty of time to become familiar with how we expect members to conduct themselves. Despite that, he is a battler. This is a nobrainer. Lock this thread and give u4ia a warning/explanation/ban.

EDIT: Do we really want someone around here who posts things like:

^ http://www.youtube.com/comment?lc=w3POpVmpOQnwz027-QMl4mjW9PiRtiyhQsiu8JzvD-s comment source

Get out of here with your two faced bullshit. Your hateful mentality is not welcome here.

Point taken.

The comment was taken out of proportion, and context. That was to a fellow stringer, that i was joking with.

At least he didnt join, and say he was a battler and go around trying to antagonize everyone. That's all im saying in this thread.

When i joined i shared the same views, i was more active then the rest of the ppl commenting on this thread (not specifying you rorok, you were the first person to introduce your self to me, i remember.) But over the course of time my views changed. but its not like im trying to call out any of the gsc family, why would i?? Thatd be pointless. Im not about causing trouble or talking shit on this site.( ill do that in person,) i just had to come clean

Been there, done that.

Tom, you are my voice of reason. <3

This thread was not made to corrupt this community, i promise

. Just to clarify, i don't rep a crew or none of that im not even in one lol. <~~kinda defeats the purpose??

...or a mod....... if there were any around ....ZING.

+1

</3 wayy to show you true colors man..

Disclaimer: I use the word "you" in the indefinite sense of the word throughout this post to address "battlers" as a group. It is not intended to address U4ia specifically.

I do not hate you. I'm not gonna tell you what to do. I'm not gonna beg you to denounce battling and stay with us. Make up your own damn mind. I'm tired of these threads. Unless you are dense, it is clear why battling is not approved of here. In special cases where someone actually doesn't understand, we have an entire section full of related articles and past discussions on such topics (which needs to be moved closer to the top of the main forum page in my opinion).

If you are intelligent enough to understand why we don't approve of battling, yet you do it anyway, it means that no amount of discussion or explanation is going to change your point of view on the matter. In order for someone who battles to cease battling, the desire to stop must not be external (ie; you cannot be a member of GSC if you are a known battler), but rather internal (ie; a personal belief that battling only breeds negativity). Decisions made to please others are often followed by resentment. If you think battling is bad then stop battling. If you really don't get it then please leave and we will welcome you back with open arms when you come to your senses. <3

Point taken.

The comment was taken out of proportion, and context. That was to a fellow stringer, that i was joking with.

The comment of yours I quoted couldn't be more in-context. If the comment was to a fellow stringer that you were joking around with, you would not have phrased the comment with the word "whoever." Someone tossed you a dislike on youtube (not anyone you knew personally) and you got upset and said rude things that you now regret. At least man up and admit it. Battling breeds only ostentation and negativity toward your fellow stringers and this is a crystal clear example of it.

<_<

Lol Jared... xD

this thread is beyond stupid at this point, mod please lock it and i guess pm me and ill pass it along to u4ria via fb pm if the mods want to talk to him but this is the kind of shit that causes me to go on month long hiatuses from the forums