Sign in to follow this  
Noqturnal

I don't have to tell you things are bad

5 posts in this topic

I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad.

It's a depression.

Everybody's battling or scared of losing traffic to the site. The dollar buys a nickel's worth, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep inovas under the counter. Battlers are running wild in the forums and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it.

We know the air is unfit to breathe and our posts are unfit to read, and we sit watching our monitors while some guy with 4 posts tells us that today we had fifteen competitions and that it's all in "healthy fun", as if that's the way it's supposed to be!

We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, "Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my glowsticks and my flowlights and my colecord and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone!"

Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad!

I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your moderator because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the drama and the Battlers and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad. You've got to say, "I'm a IDEALIST, God damn it! My culture has VALUE!" So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell, "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!" I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!'

Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the drama and the battling and the lack of collabs and video submissions. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"

Edited by Noqturnal
  • Upvote 2

But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"

:54

Edited by JaredHimself

The silver lining with the resurgence of battlers is that as a community we can learn all we can ( move wise) from watching their videos and then give what we have learned to people for free and show people that glowsticking doesnt have to be like to mob or a crew where you have to "earn" the right to learn, you can just learn, and learn what you want when you want, how you want from who you want.

• Upvote 1

its funny. i battled back in the day...(i wish i could locate the gsC archives...i vaguely remember posting about it several years ago). i used to catch hell for it on the site. people who battle aren't any less relevant because of what they choose to do with their skills. its all about their mentaility on the matter. if they are really trying to make you earn some kind of lesson, or dump on you because you are still trying to polish your own personal technique, eff that. my friends and i battled all of the time. we did it for fun. we loved to challenge one another. we loved sharing our combos with one another. and at gatherings, we always put on a show! its all about where your head's at while you're doing it. if you're really trying to make someone feel as if they are inferior to you because you can make it do what it do...you're dead wrong.

i see that it is more of a problem now than it ever has been before. the issue is that we older heads failed to explain the tie that binds us all: PLUR. we focused less on the actual culture, and more on what we had to do to make our culture somehow more politically correct and acceptable to the general public. we older heads forgot to tell this generation why it was so important to remember Peace, Love, Unity, and Respect. this site used to be booming! it was a major hub! everybody who was anybody had an account here, and anywhere you wanted to go, gsC had already mapped it out and all you had to do was ask (and not even that, sometimes!). all sorts of people made an appearance here, just to make their contribution to what was once the most promising revivals of a culture that (in this country) had died somewhere between Michael Alig getting locked up and the fall of the casette mix tape (meh early 00's). now it seems that the lot of you kind of drift in and out of this place, gsC, reminisce about the good ol' days, and simply leave the rest to the new gen's.

i had a lot more to say about it, but my point is this: lets stop mourning this place. lets not bury the culture. we grew up and all, and that's great, but there is still a lot that we have to offer. we should be using our experience (as we've already dealt with the laws that hinder our growth, the publics view of this culture, and cliquey power grabs) to show the new heads how things are done!

• Upvote 1