Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Icy

Feeehanding 101

6 posts in this topic

So this is not a guide for beginners on where to start basics, but more of an understanding of How to start basics. Now i was never a fan of the figure 8 so this is a guide to step out of the figure 8 realm and go into what freehanding moves are really about. The Heli's the Traces, Finger Isolations, it all comes down to the same starting position. The 101

Almost every basic freehand move besides tosses and stalls can be seen as the Poi for freehanders. I will make a video of this for better explanation so bear with me.

Every Freehander starting or for practice can begin at the most basic position, both sticks up one pointing upwards and one pointing downwards. So you see the Basic ┘┌ now the best is just invision a Box now around your hands and a circle in the middle of the 2 Sticks, the 101. Trace that circle, whether it is on you, in the air, next to you, under you, where ever you decide to move that circle to. If you are just starting just keep that circle in front you you and trace it with the tips of the sticks. If you even want you can just get into the motion of turning the sticks ┘┌ to a = to a ┌ ┘and so on.

Now the hardest part can be the easiest to train. put your hands out infront of you, and with the sticks pointing one at 12 one at 6. Start turning one clockwise and one counter clockwise without moving your elbows, then after about 10 rotations, switch directions. Once you get the circle motion down with the wrists, create the 101.

The Video Since the Player doesn't wanna work here

looking forward to seeing your followup vids for this

as well as your future tutorials =D

glad to have you back man!

As am I.

I practice finger isos during class lectures >_>

awesome. wish i could watch the video, but the description gave me new ideas.

thanks man!

That was a very nice concept/tutorial video. Not too technical, not too formal, but nice and loose and moderately paced. I liked how you did a lot of explaining before ever getting to actually demonstrating with the sticks. Can't wait to see more of these from you!