Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lion0

Need ideas from modders with exp, internals not fitting.

4 posts in this topic

ok so basically ive been off and on messing with making LEDs for a while, i posted my first design on my old account in this thread HERE:

 

http://www.glowsticking.com/forums/topic/31464-my-first-decent-led-design/

 

now. since then i switched things a bit and actually wound up getting alot closer to Soniks main design than i had intended to. if and/or before anyone tries to say im stealing his design, this is not the case, ive BOUGHT his sticks, and im basically making them for myself. i havent bothered asking him how he does what he does in order to prevent him from thinking the same thing. what i DO need,however, is some help with a certain problem.

 

i have all the internals down. im using 3 10mm 1w leds (green 400k mcd, cuz who doesnt like greens?lol) per stick, with a 12v a23 battery and battery holder.

 

im using cyalume 6" snaplights, the hexagonal shaped ones.

 

so basically the problem i have is that after i get everything soldered together, i cant get the bulbs to fit inside the stick with the wires passing by them. i made the wire gauge smaller, (24-26), ive EVEN filed the lips off the end of the ledbulbs themselves...it makes it SLIGHTly easier, but im still snapping wires when i shove or pull them too hard. ive tried boiling the stick to soften it but i wont do that again cuz its too hard to get the moisture out and i ruined a couple internal setups that way.

 

the only other thing i can think of that might work is lubing up the wires somehow.

 

someone PLEASE help me out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol glad to hear that it all worked out for you =D

 

if you have any questions ask me, karaoke, or xetmath

we all have a pretty strong grip on LED designs and how to make them =3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok cool,thanks, these turned out pretty well,but im doing more research on improving my old design, i have a couple improvements/features id like to add. anyway, heres a test vid of my bootleg soniks. im sure his are alot more substantial but im sure i got close enough for my own satisfaction.:) ON TO THE NEXT ONE!

 

also, i think this is the first time ive actually spun for more than 30 seconds in the last 6 months, ugh i need to get all my flow back.^__^;

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites