Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lion0

Need ideas from modders with exp, internals not fitting.

4 posts in this topic

ok so basically ive been off and on messing with making LEDs for a while, i posted my first design on my old account in this thread HERE:

http://www.glowsticking.com/forums/topic/31464-my-first-decent-led-design/

now. since then i switched things a bit and actually wound up getting alot closer to Soniks main design than i had intended to. if and/or before anyone tries to say im stealing his design, this is not the case, ive BOUGHT his sticks, and im basically making them for myself. i havent bothered asking him how he does what he does in order to prevent him from thinking the same thing. what i DO need,however, is some help with a certain problem.

i have all the internals down. im using 3 10mm 1w leds (green 400k mcd, cuz who doesnt like greens?lol) per stick, with a 12v a23 battery and battery holder.

im using cyalume 6" snaplights, the hexagonal shaped ones.

so basically the problem i have is that after i get everything soldered together, i cant get the bulbs to fit inside the stick with the wires passing by them. i made the wire gauge smaller, (24-26), ive EVEN filed the lips off the end of the ledbulbs themselves...it makes it SLIGHTly easier, but im still snapping wires when i shove or pull them too hard. ive tried boiling the stick to soften it but i wont do that again cuz its too hard to get the moisture out and i ruined a couple internal setups that way.

the only other thing i can think of that might work is lubing up the wires somehow.

someone PLEASE help me out.

lol glad to hear that it all worked out for you =D

if you have any questions ask me, karaoke, or xetmath

we all have a pretty strong grip on LED designs and how to make them =3

ok cool,thanks, these turned out pretty well,but im doing more research on improving my old design, i have a couple improvements/features id like to add. anyway, heres a test vid of my bootleg soniks. im sure his are alot more substantial but im sure i got close enough for my own satisfaction.:) ON TO THE NEXT ONE!

also, i think this is the first time ive actually spun for more than 30 seconds in the last 6 months, ugh i need to get all my flow back.^__^;