Sign in to follow this  
Ph0toN

Glowstickers Where Are You!

162 posts in this topic

I just Realized...where did the arcade go? o.o

It was done away with because supposidly people were coming here just for the games and not doing anything else. I actually kind of miss it. Didn't play in it much but I sure had fun trying to get the top scores the few times I did.

It was actually kind of a good way to get people to post anyway, had to have so many posts to play. I'd be up for it being brought back if it got people to post more - but, if I rembember right you had to have like 3 posts for the day in order to play in it, so people were making cheap one word posts tha didn't contribute anything to a topic, so that kind of cancelled out the whole "get people to post" thing.

It was done away with because supposidly people were coming here just for the games and not doing anything else. I actually kind of miss it. Didn't play in it much but I sure had fun trying to get the top scores the few times I did.

It was actually kind of a good way to get people to post anyway, had to have so many posts to play. I'd be up for it being brought back if it got people to post more - but, if I rembember right you had to have like 3 posts for the day in order to play in it, so people were making cheap one word posts tha didn't contribute anything to a topic, so that kind of cancelled out the whole "get people to post" thing.

Ooooooooooooooooooo yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I forgot about that 3 post thing. Playing Snake While browsing the forums was beast though. lol

3 Members and 108 guests online.

Because 108 people can't figure out how to make an account.

The question is, how many of those guests are actual guests and how many of them are google / facebook / yahoo spider bots and the like. It's like how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop - the world may never know.

how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop

800 give or take =P

Melvenorc! Dude I just wanna throw out a lil thank you man you and guinto were the people who got me into wanting to seriously put some time into stringing! my best friend has been stringing for 2 year and I'm almost at my 1 year! But back on topic lol! I think the fact that we only have a few posters out of so many members is because everyone started making it into a dick waving contest and forgetting that people stick or string because its an outlet and a passion for some. But to be honest idk what we can do any ideas how to get the community back? Cause I wanna be able to wake up and see new videos new ideas new styles mostly what I see lately is guys will spend buko money on a poi set and use it for a week or once for a con and forget all about it after not that I hate poi (I love all forms of the art _nic woosley ftw_) but I just want the simple go to the dollar store get some sticks and maybe a pack of kiwi shoe strings ;D and get down to some trance/dubstep whichever you please and have fun... maybe I'm just hoping for to much but it would be nice plus stringing with your feet sounds awesome icy

Lol i wouldn't call it a dick waving contest XD.

However with the whole Tech Stringing, people forgot the fun of basics and stringing to string. There are people who still string for the enjoyment of doing something, skill never mattered as long as it was what you created and what you did.

LOL Waddup brian long time no see =P

Hey Icy!! Yeah dude it's good to see you on the boards. Hopefully you are still stringing?

Melvenorc! Dude I just wanna throw out a lil thank you man you and guinto were the people who got me into wanting to seriously put some time into stringing! my best friend has been stringing for 2 year and I'm almost at my 1 year!

Cool, that's good to hear! Keep it up.

Ehhhhh they still exist in my room somewhere lol. I break out the sock poi once or twice. I enjoy freehanding more now.

Either way keep pickin up the sticks!

Hopefully you guys start throwing some more meetups out there on the east coast.

ahh its starting to feel like the good old days with all these familiar faces popping up =D

oh yeah and 10+ years stringing xD

ahh its starting to feel like the good old days with all these familiar faces popping up =D

oh yeah and 10+ years stringing xD

Dang! 10 years! I wanna see a video of that lol

Ehhhhh they still exist in my room somewhere lol. I break out the sock poi once or twice. I enjoy freehanding more now.

Pick em back up! Its never to late to get back to your roots I glowstring at work granted I work a spencers lol

Edited by Flashdrive

Seeing this thread is so awesome! =)

10+ years rule,thats all there is to say.Hard work of stringing those years will all be worth it enough its part of life and it can't be stopped.

*Motivation is getting to me like how it was back then*

(Thanks for making this thread Photon!)

• Upvote 2

I'm here! :)

I don't really post much anymore since I don't have much to say..but I'll try.

It's not like I can give advice on freehanding and stringing since pretty much everyone else is more knowledge than me lol

But I've been learning more freehanding. Even though I'm more involved with my moodhoop than anything else.

I've actually been trying to spread the love for performance art. I've gotten a few people into poi, glowsticking and hooping :)

And this Friday, I hope to find even more people at this drum circle I'm going to.

Pick em back up! Its never to late to get back to your roots

LOL N> MORE FREEHANDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seeing this thread is so awesome! =)

Seeing Older Members Makes this thread more awesome =D As Well As Newer Faces =P

Edited by Icy

Haha,whats good Icy?!

Welcome back! =)

<-------freehander here!

&& just to put it out there.

i want to see this place boomin' again.

=D

Honestly I feel like most of the drama has died out everywhere including on facebook :P

Oh I don't know.....been pretty dramatic.

There been a few facey fights between my friends lately. You know the usually teenage girl stuff. :P

*Sigh* Remember when glowsticking.com had pictures of people of glowsticking on it.

N> More Glowsticking activity

*Sigh* Remember when glowsticking.com had pictures of people of glowsticking on it.

N> More Glowsticking activity

Those were the days :/

Haha right? Pictures of glowsticking - not random facebook pics of yourself not sticking... What IS up with that?

Yeaaaa, lots of selfies :S

I might have some photos that are more relevant.

But it's a mix of LED hoop, poi and glowsticks.

I like how the album says 'a little bit of me' when there's actually a lot.

Edited by Aurastys

Dear members of this thread

talk about your glowsticking adventures

love icy