Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Docfunkalot

Can anyone give some tips on how to do stalls to the side?

5 posts in this topic

I'm not really sure how to explain it, but just stalls on the X-Axis instead of the Y-Axis. Especially when it's spinning... uh... over your hand, I guess.

melvenorc12 does it at about 40 seconds into the video.

Sideways stalls are all about the wrist xD

If the veiny side of your wrist is facing up it makes horizontal stalls a little easier

Give me a day and ill do a focus on horizontal stalls in the tech thread xD

im not an expert on side stalls by any means but when i do them i think about moving my wrist in box like lines so stright left then stright up or straight down and straight right if that makes sense so instead of your wrist following in a circle or being stationary it should move in a |__ pattern

Do a variation of a vertical stall. Pretty much stall/cut the spin 90 degrees sooner or after a vertical stall. Other than that, practice doing regular stalls against a wall or horizontal ones against a floor/low ceiling.

I don't really use them much, but from what I understand, you gotta keep the tension in the string. dont try to stall too fast. I started by going down the angles. turn your vertical stalls into diagonal stalls, and eventually it sort of just manifests as a horizontal stall. but I agree with karaoke. the stall makes kind of a corner or an 'L' when your hand is moving upward into the stall, and the stick is moving sideways kind of curving into a horizontal stall. God only knows why I'm using this as a reference, but if each line was a timelapsed position, it would look like this. At 0:50 sec

hope this helps.