Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

somebody

Buugeng

11 posts in this topic

I just ran into this and I thought I should share.

though you may have already have found it.

I thought it was amazing using illusion soley, but I wondered is it the same concept of poi and or freehand? can it be used to inspire new moves? whats your oppinion of this art. how would you go on about?

me, I like it.

but I thinks it limited. before I say any more I feel should learn more about it.

whats the title of the video?

i hafta look it up on my phone.

I just learned about buugeng recently too. They are considered a type of S-staff. Same concept, just slightly different shape. I prefer the buugeng though since it has a hinge and more of a blade-shape.

It does have some similarities to poi in that you need to understand plane mechanics to produce that visual kaleidoscope, and similar to freehanding in that..well..it's more contact-based than poi. You're using your fingers and wrists quite a bit, too, just like freehanding. I don't know if you can stall or toss them like glowsticks though. You probably couldn't trace with them either.

So yea, similar and different, and I too think it's limited, but it takes a lot of skill to produce a wicked smooth flow. Without a good flow, it'd look clunky.

They are also really expensive! @_@ Holy shit. but how cool would LED buugeng be?! Like...one that has fully customizable LED patterns..that would be mind blowing. This guy made his own pair. I like his little trick at 2:47 ;)

check out this article :)

Really informative and has a list of moves.

http://firepedia.com...s-toys/buugeng/

Also, that video you linked has a wicked awesome song. NiT GriT is a beast :)

I just learned about buugeng recently too. They are considered a type of S-staff. Same concept, just slightly different shape. I prefer the buugeng though since it has a hinge and more of a blade-shape.

It does have some similarities to poi in that you need to understand plane mechanics to produce that visual kaleidoscope, and similar to freehanding in that..well..it's more contact-based than poi. You're using your fingers and wrists quite a bit, too, just like freehanding. I don't know if you can stall or toss them like glowsticks though. You probably couldn't trace with them either.

So yea, similar and different, and I too think it's limited, but it takes a lot of skill to produce a wicked smooth flow. Without a good flow, it'd look clunky.

They are also really expensive! @_@ Holy shit. but how cool would LED buugeng be?! Like...one that has fully customizable LED patterns..that would be mind blowing. This guy made his own pair. I like his little trick at 2:47 ;)

check out this article :)

Really informative and has a list of moves.

http://firepedia.com...s-toys/buugeng/

Also, that video you linked has a wicked awesome song. NiT GriT is a beast :)

exactly my thoughts.

whats the title of the video?

i hafta look it up on my phone.

buugeng solo.avi

Is contact-based even a word? Not sure if I'm even using that correctly.

It's more..personal? I can't find the right word..more..hands-on?

I mean, buugeng doesn't have much of a range like poi does.

Yes :)

They attach wicks to the end and then light it on fire.

I don't think it's as mesmerizing

In this video, they also feature a 3-curve staff which I haven't seen before. I feel like it's much more limited.

But it looks really cool when they go into a buzzsaw sorta move. It makes that biohazard sign :D That's about it though.

meh...

I didnt like it, but the tri s staff I s cool like you said.

by its self no fire

Not as cool when it's on fire, but probably very awesome if it was customizeable LED.

I wonder how hard it is to make a pair of buugeng. My brother has though about picking it up. You can buy a single steel s-staff for 24$ on homeofpoi.com

But wooden buugeng..you better be ready tot hrow down like 100$ at least @__@

theres a vid tutorial to make your own. (too lazy to search for on android)

you could prolly make led ones yah self, maybe cheaper too :D

I might try it if I cant feel it ima stick with glowstringing and melborne shuffling

youu know, i completely forgot about this thread. && i actually came across this video recently,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQbrSi4V5RQ. Cool as hell <3