Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bukklee

String Manip Game #4

65 posts in this topic

PAST VERSIONS OF THIS GAME:

String Manip Game #1

Sting Manip Game #2

String Manip Game #3

Once again we will try to do this.

A couple guidelines:

1) you must be able to perform all the previous steps in order to add a new one.

2) make the addition 2-3 steps long, use your best judgement...you know when it' too much...less is more in this game.

3) first come first serve when in comes to who goes next, no double posts.

I think that's it, so here we go...

Woo! I decided to finally get off my lazy ass and participate!

Woo! I decided to finally get off my lazy ass and participate!

sweet... you got in early enough this time.

I'm gonna go ahead and submit before this thing really takes off and i lose track of everything involved like I have in the last three xD

*embedding doesn't work for me atm =S it's really hit or miss when this site will actually let it work for me, wtf?*

I figure I should and get a part in early before someone does something impossible for me

Well, looks like I should've refreshed before I posted mine, which I did have up before... Dang it suzume, my upload took too long haha.

So I'll try and get another one once I figure out and understand what the threading part is all about. Chances are it's not something that's super complicated and is just going over my head.

If we keep the number of new parts added per day at 2 or 3 then everyone will have a better chance at keeping up. From past experience these always start off much faster than how they actually continue on or finish. So it will likely not stay at this pace. This is usually only a "problem" on weekends

I'm going to keep everything organized similiar to how I do the tech blog:

bukklee

JaredHimself

Alright, well I'm rendering my new part now, and it will be uploading soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM4pd8DcWOc

Here is my new part, but I'm still not entirely sure I got the last part of suzume's contribution 100%. If I didn't let me know. I tried to get in before this started to get complicated, but I was a little too late haha.

incoming update

yea the end of docfunks part was missing, and i really couldn't follow what you were doing. i've got the manip down up to where docfunk left off :P

I feel this needs to be backed up to where Doc left off.

you both clearly are not doing Doc's last step....tssk tssk

I feel this needs to be backed up to where Doc left off.

you both clearly are not doing Doc's last step....tssk tssk

I did it, but I did it wrong. he wrapped it on his wrist... Didn't see it like that :/

It's all understandable, but I feel as if you added too much. Also, you forgot a part of docfunkalots.

my part ended with the under arm pin. that part of me spinning it around my head and such was part of me trying to do my added part clearer....which backfired I suppose =/

Man I feel so stupid lol. I had that toss over the hand that doc had, and I kept redoing it, and I was wondering why Ikept fucking up. My bad everyone, ban me please. :(

Sorry guys, I guess I wasn't clear enough in my video haha.

lol nah, let's blame it on my short term memory. :P

hey demo, I have your part down except for that gnarly looking throw at 1:28. think you could explain it a little bit :dope

im gonna upload another part once i've got it.

edit: nvm, i think i just figured it out

bukklee

JaredHimself

suzume

Part 4 Docfunkalot

EDIT::::@Jared...The tricky part is to let the string unwrap off your left hand before catching....at least for me.

try throwing the left stick a little earlier or harder, than the right, to get the timing of the catch. it helped for me. also Demo does this cool little wrist roll to get his hands in that positionwhile the strings is doing another revolution. it's pretty smooth.

Also the way the strings are right before that throw, are exactly like how part 1 ends, so you can "cheat" to practice that part without doing the whole thing.

Hope this helps instead of confuses.

Pretty much what bukklee said. I'm uploading a little breakdown right now.

tinychat yo

Pretty much what bukklee said. I'm uploading a little breakdown right now.

tinychat yo

It's how you do all three things at the same time that makes it look so good.

zoned out at the end there, eh?

It's how you do all three things at the same time that makes it look so good.

why thank ya kindly.

zoned out at the end there, eh?

Oya, used to doing that whole thing on my riht hand, and then I started doing it and was like wait this seems familiaohfuck.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf0EMrfG7ho

Part seven, yo. Sorry, GSC's/YouTube's being faggy and not letting me embed. In their defense, first time for me.