Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ph0toN

I've finally discovered the secret to elbow pins!

11 posts in this topic

I was messing around with a stick as I was sitting in my chair and I chanced upon the secret to elbow pins that's somehow eluded me all these years. The secret is to wait until you feel the stick make contact with your elbow pit before even beginning to clamp your arm around it, and then clamping it extremely fast. It's kind of like a rat trap. The trap doesn't spring to clamp the rat down until the rat touches the trigger, then it springs lightning fast.

Before now I've had a pretty good percentage of successful elbow pins but sometimes the stick would slip out or bounce off. Now my percentage, at least so far, is 100% success.

This may be common knowledge to a lot of people but it wasn't to me. Hopefully it'll help some others to get better at elbow pins.

I tested your theory and it certainly seems to work well. I've been out of practice for quite a while (only been sticking at events, no real practice in between), so my accuracy was still a little less than what I would like, but I definitely see how this way works better. Thanks.

Also, I know this is probably not the thread to do it, but this is my first time visiting the site in a while. It is kind of sad how much glowsticking has died in general. All people want to do now is glove. Sticking is so much more badass and awesome. Anytime I give a light show to someone after the received a "bomb" light show from a glover I am always told that my light show is the best they have ever received, certainly better than any glover light shows they have received.

In a sense being the rare sticker give it more shock and awe, but I hate how the overall community is dieing.

At least I can bring my sticks into an Insomniac events (main Southern Cali promoter) whereas LEDs and glovers get their shit confiscated.

Glad to see it helped someone. And yeah it's sad that glowsticks are becoming less prevalent at events. It used to be that just about everyone had sticks and if you had LED's you were the odd man out. Strange how it's reversed, especially considering how much more versitile glowsticks are what with being able to toss, pin, stall, etc.

I tested your theory and it certainly seems to work well. I've been out of practice for quite a while (only been sticking at events, no real practice in between), so my accuracy was still a little less than what I would like, but I definitely see how this way works better. Thanks.

Also, I know this is probably not the thread to do it, but this is my first time visiting the site in a while. It is kind of sad how much glowsticking has died in general. All people want to do now is glove. Sticking is so much more badass and awesome. Anytime I give a light show to someone after the received a "bomb" light show from a glover I am always told that my light show is the best they have ever received, certainly better than any glover light shows they have received.

In a sense being the rare sticker give it more shock and awe, but I hate how the overall community is dieing.

At least I can bring my sticks into an Insomniac events (main Southern Cali promoter) whereas LEDs and glovers get their shit confiscated.

Joined in 2006...

4 posts...

ಠ_ಠ

should make a vid and show us :D

I concur.

Joined in 2006...

4 posts...

ಠ_ಠ

lol, you make a good point. Maybe I am part of the reason the community died. Too much lurking and not enough posting. I just noticed my post was kind of hypocritical.

VIDEOSSSSS :D!!

i love doing elbow pins while freehanding and glowstringing. Since I mainly glowstring, I find moves like elbow pins and tosses avenues for hybrid routines that people just don't explore enough of :o