Sign in to follow this  
Noqturnal

Willing to teach those willing to learn

15 posts in this topic

Hello. I'm Noqturnal. I joined this site around 2 years ago and it's great. I love all the resources available for learning and sharing progress. I would not be at the technical level I am today if not for GSC. However, I feel like there is an aspect missing. Sure the combo threads are cool and people critiquing your videos helps you learn, but I think it would be awesome if we could learn from personal instruction. I feel like this was the intended purpose for embedding tinychat in the site, but the problem is that people have different schedules and the chatroom is often empty.

Learning new stuff from videos is a fantastic way to excel in glowsticking, but sometimes we have questions that can only be answered by real humans. My proposal is simple. If you are stuck at a plateau, having trouble with a new move, or just want to talk logistics of glowsticking - HIT ME UP. I have created a Skype account solely for doing live tutorials and the username is "noqturnal.gsc"

If an admin could sticky this that'd be cool.

• Upvote 1

Noticed this thread has 50 views and no comments and I haven't heard from anyone on skype yet... Don't lurk so much, Newbies! Don't fear! We don't bite.

I might take you up on that offer. :D I can only Skype with my Xbox360 though, so I'd have to fiddle with it to see how it works.

Once you get it working, neko, let me know.

thanks broo :) ive added you "ch1coboy" ,, i want to learn how to string, i currently have no prior experience or tools to begin, and hoping that you might be able to piont me in the right direction! cheers

Edited by ch1co

thanks broo :) ive added you "ch1coboy" ,, i want to learn how to string, i currently have no prior experience or tools to begin, and hoping that you might be able to piont me in the right direction! cheers

Awesome. I'm online pretty much all the time. Right now I've got my PC over at my friend house. We've been doing a LAN party for the last few days, but I should be home soon and I'll have my webcam then.

damn I wishh I had better internet.

damn I wishh I had better internet.

You can't skype?

You can't skype?

negative, not only would it take me (give or take) 6 hours to download.. but the video would lag so much it would be pointless. :*

Edited by Dgloww

negative, not only would it take me (give or take) 6 hours to download.. but the video would lag so much it would be pointless. :*

Well for special cases like you I would be more than happy to do an in depth video tutorial on whatever you need help learning. I could upload it to dropbox or email it to you.

that would be awesome:)

but you see, i can't specifically say what it is i need help on.

Hard to explain, but i kind of practice it all.. at once.

i mean i just turn on a song and go.

but i do take the time out to perfect certain moves.

(ie. stalling, the triangle, && tutting-which is difficult but i get the concept. plus a few others)

i don't yet know the names to all of them, but i can somewhat visualize how it would go. but with my internet the way it is.. im kinda at a standpoint right now.

although, i am trying to get to the library to watch a few vids.

im slow, sloppy, && choppy as shiit right now too>.<

lol. When the beats pick up, i have a hard time continuing without looking repetitive.

I'll make a Skype acct just for this purpose only...it might take a while to get it going...got a lot on my plate with work and practicing stringing. If I needed help on a move, it would be anything bicep related...moon wraps, sun wraps, duo bicep wraps etc etc. My main problem is losing momentum in the strings when their going from bicep to bicep, and I would say transitioning into them from different moves...but I can't even get the bicep wraps themselves...so 1st thing 1st.....bicep wraps!

Bump. Still on Skype. Username "noqtunal.gsc"

Edited by Noqturnal