Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nekoshan

Are there any active GSC members in Ohio?

10 posts in this topic

I generally meet a lot of stringers when I go out to (certain) edm events, but no one I meet seems to know about GSC whatsoever. O.o

Are there any active GSC members living in Ohio or the surrounding areas? I would love to organize a meetup or something of that nature. :D

EDIT:

Did I post this in the right forum? Ohio is generally considered Midwest, but when I checked it's under the East Coast forum.

Ohio is one of those states that really depends on where you live. I for one live in the North East and like to consider myself part of the east coast while those in the west are west coast. I'm being a cynical asshole right now so I apologize.

ANYWAYS! Ohio has been on of those states that I've noticed that doesn't have that many members here. I personally knew two others aside from myself but I have sort of lost contact with them due to them deactivating their facebook page. Always good to see Ohio not fully dead.

PS I love penis.

PPS. I love zin's penis. <3 zin

PS I love penis.

PPS. I love zin's penis. <3 zin

Fear, declaring your inkling for my love-sausage is not the way to be setting first impressions with newbies. Please, for the newbie's sake, let's keep that quiet. :wallbash:

But yes, nekoshan, welcome to GSC! :D FEAR isn't too bad of a dude, so I'm sure he can point out Ohio GSC to you. :)

Fear, declaring your inkling for my love-sausage is not the way to be setting first impressions with newbies. Please, for the newbie's sake, let's keep that quiet. :wallbash:

But yes, nekoshan, welcome to GSC! :D FEAR isn't too bad of a dude, so I'm sure he can point out Ohio GSC to you. :)

I'll be a Great White and you can be a Bull. How about that?

Nekoshan word of wisdom. Don't become friends with the staff...they like to tickle my fancy...

Im surprised you havent changed that still Fear....Fear is also a great dude, and pretty decent at stringing...

I'll be a Great White and you can be a Bull. How about that?

Nekoshan word of wisdom. Don't become friends with the staff...they like to tickle my fancy...

Wow... O.o

In any case, it's okay, I'm not easily offended and I actually started LMFAO. XD

I'm in Columbus, so Mentor is uber far away for regular meetups or anything like that, but I do go to Cleveland occasionally (so it's still feasible). It would be worth making a day trip up there to meet with other stringers at some point in the future (my bf Pyro and I both string), or we could even meet at an event in Cleveland or something. There are a lot of EDM events in Cleveland, and I'm considering going to a few, like Kaskade- Freaks of Nature. I don't know if you like EDM events at all, but in Cleveland there are a lot parties/concerts (setup by Cumulus Entertainment generally), usually at places like the House of Blues and The Agora.

But yeah, a lot of younger kids are on here, so I agree that avoiding immediately mentioning genitalia to noobs would be a good thing.

Like penis.

EDIT:

Fixed errors and added Pyro's name

Im surprised you havent changed that still Fear....Fear is also a great dude, and pretty decent at stringing...

To be completely honest I forgot that cleric did that. It's been ages since I've been on here. Last time I was a fluffy bunny now apparently I love male genitalia. OH WELL!

Wow... O.o

In any case, it's okay, I'm not easily offended and I actually started LMFAO. XD

I'm in Columbus, so Mentor is uber far away for regular meetups or anything like that, but I do go to Cleveland occasionally (so it's still feasible). It would be worth making a day trip up there to meet with other stringers at some point in the future (my bf Pyro and I both string), or we could even meet at an event in Cleveland or something. There are a lot of EDM events in Cleveland, and I'm considering going to a few, like Kaskade- Freaks of Nature. I don't know if you like EDM events at all, but in Cleveland there are a lot parties/concerts (setup by Cumulus Entertainment generally), usually at places like the House of Blues and The Agora.

But yeah, a lot of younger kids are on here, so I agree that avoiding immediately mentioning genitalia to noobs would be a good thing.

Like penis.

EDIT:

Fixed errors and added Pyro's name

I really haven't gone to events lately because I haven't seen much that I liked. For the most part everything that I hear about it either dubstep, DnB, or some house, after a while it starts to get boring, there isn't much variety here. I'm more of a hard dance person.

To be completely honest I forgot that cleric did that. It's been ages since I've been on here. Last time I was a fluffy bunny now apparently I love male genitalia. OH WELL!

I really haven't gone to events lately because I haven't seen much that I liked. For the most part everything that I hear about it either dubstep, DnB, or some house, after a while it starts to get boring, there isn't much variety here. I'm more of a hard dance person.

I'm still trying to familiarize myself with the differences between the various genres, but I'm pretty sure I basically know what hardstyle dance is (it has that really hard steady beat throughout, right? Like, dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun...). Could you recommend a few good artists/songs from that genre I could check out? I'm actually trying to pick up/create a few tecktonic-esque moves to add to my... attempts to dance (hey, at least I have fun, lol), but I haven't really started making a list of good hardstyle songs to listen to while practicing.

I tend to like what I consider hardstyle trance (is that actually something? O.o) myself, and even though hard dubstep seems to be totally taking over the scene (I'm guessing because it appeals to both rock fans AND edm fans), I do get to see several alternative genres, and often amazing/odd/crazy djs and performers at the events I go to. Pyro and I have both been very lucky, because apparently there are quite a few people in Columbus that have been working really hard behind the scenes for the past year or so to recreate and enrich the EDM culture down here.

But hey, Cumulus Entertainment generally runs the EDM events up in Cleveland. With a little community support and prodding they'd probably consider setting up some sort of hardstyle dance event somewhere in Cleveland.

Regardless, it'd still be neat to take a day trip up to the lakes or something (hey, maybe I can borrow my friend's jet skis :D), and while we're up there have a meetup with Cleveland and Northern Ohio GSC member(s).

But from the looks of it, it might just be you, lol. The only thing I have to say to that is- better get recruiting. :P

On another note, wtf happened with this "Cleric" person? I see references to that person all over the site, lol. At this point I'm way too curious to keep from asking. :P

Hey! I'm in Kent, OH, not far from cleveland. I'm trying to get into stringing again since I'm finally done with college and have time again. I'd be down to meet up this summer.

Hey! I'm in Kent, OH, not far from cleveland. I'm trying to get into stringing again since I'm finally done with college and have time again. I'd be down to meet up this summer.

Awesome. :) I actually know some glow stringers up north now, lol, they're just not on GSC really. I'm going to try to make it up there to go to a forest rave at Nelson Ledges Quarry Park in August, but otherwise we occasionally have something awesome going on in Cbus. My FB is Neon Cat / Neko Shan if you want to add me so we can keep in touch. ;)