Sign in to follow this  
Docfunkalot

What are some moves that you felt like you took too long to learn?

31 posts in this topic

I understand that everyone learns and progresses at their own pace, but what move did you personally feel like you just spent too much time learning?

I'm trying to get down waist wraps right now, but it made me realize that I have not learned how to do a reverse two beat weave yet haha. Most things weave related, I felt like I took a while to learn. I couldn't get the normal 3 beat or 2 beat weave for what felt like a long time to me. All I did was stand still and do continuous arm wraps.

orbitals and corkscrews corckscrews took me like 4 hours to learn when i could already do weaves and corssers orbitals took me over a year i wanna say, and i can still only do them out of catch links lol

straight jackets, air wraps, and wall plane flowers.

3 years of practicing and i can still only land a straight jacket maybe once ever 50 tries.

air wraps just took me alot of diligence. i always ended up accidentally doing orbitals

with wallplane flowers it was just difficult to get them to not constantly get tangled.

was all alot of fun though :dope

Btb weave.

Out of every move that I've ever learned that was the one that gave me the most issues when learning. I beat myself silly trying to learn btb weave.

• Upvote 1

Straight jackets and UTL crossers. I swear I spent countless hours and bruises attempting these ><

basic huggy crossers took me two weeks to learn plus an additional week to get them clean

There's alot of butterfly based stuff I still havent bothered learning xP

and being able to do continuous air wraps took me years to finally understand hahaa

went back and learned waist wraps last week

and I'm just now going back to learn more pendulums and .5 swings

but that's because when they were super popular I didn't want to look like everyone else

anyone else choose NOT to learn a move because it was the popular move atm?

^right on. Or ill do a move, then show my stringer friends, then they put it in every combo they do..i usually wont touch that move for a couple months..then throw it back at them with a little twist to it. Lol

I still can't do airwraps. :veryangry:

I stayed away from onehand for way too long for that reason. I've started in the last year, throwing it in here & there, but it's never been a focus of mine. That may change.

Btb weave.

Out of every move that I've ever learned that was the one that gave me the most issues when learning. I beat myself silly trying to learn btb weave.

I tried learning that a while ago... that was the first move that I actually got pretty frustrated about. I still haven't actually learned it or gotten it down yet, I gave up after my calves got bruised.

THIS!!!!

I've been wanting to do this ever since I started. I saw it in a video back in '06 from Will. I could never do it until tonight.

• Upvote 1

Still can't do straightjackets after 2+ years of stringing... Not for lack of effort either. Lol.

Isolations for sure! I'm still trying to learn them, I've spent a total of two weeks in practicing and I can still barely get the hang of it.

Really frustrating but it will be worth it when I get them down.

Another one would be orbitals, it took be about 3 and a half days to get the move down.

THIS!!!!

I've been wanting to do this ever since I started. I saw it in a video back in '06 from Will. I could never do it until tonight.

Man I remember that move being all the rage! haha. Still looks so cool.

Congrats on learning it.

THIS!!!!

This one was pretty tricky it did take a while for me to to figure out for some reason. I would always mess up going back with the crossed over hand back to its original side because my mind would try to put it in front on the return instead of the back where it was supposed to go if that makes sense. Once I figured that little bit out they were super easy.

Continuous airwraps were a pia as well. My pain was that I learned orbitals before them so I would always end up doing them instead. Finally sat down for a week and practiced nothing but airwraps with a pair of sock poi and now they are second nature. Still cant do them very well at different places of the body though like over the head and under the leg.

i'm just getting straight jackets XP

I'm not even gonna touch straight jackets for a while haha. It's just looks like one of those things that just won't click for me.

I'm not even gonna touch straight jackets for a while haha. It's just looks like one of those things that just won't click for me.

I've felt the same many times.

supermans. Yep... I was so pissed cuz thats the easiest move but I hated learning it....

supermans. Yep... I was so pissed cuz thats the easiest move but I hated learning it....

man back when i first tried to learn them no one outside of TX could do them literally took me years, and yeah now that you know them they are super easy but god those things were frustrating

i recently learned oth fullbody corssers which took me waaay longer than it should have lol

Poly-rhythms. Gah. I'm STILL working on these. I can't reverse them.