Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

melvenorc12

[Video] SLO GLO Member Collab

9 posts in this topic

Name: SLO GLO Member Collab

Category: Western USA

Date Added: 13 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

Submitter: melvenorc12

Short Description: Glowstringing

Footage filmed during last week's SLO GLO meeting.

View Video

omg the dancing at the intro had me laughing so hard XD

props to everyone involved, looks like yall had a blast =D

Not that anyone in this video will ever see this post, cuz half of them dont have accounts and the other half are in active but...

Aqua: i still love your turns love you have have a flower patter going while u turn ( im sure theres an actual name for wat you did at 0:44 but i unno) it might just be because ur indoors in this vid but try to open up add som extensions / long arm movements to help round out / balance out ur style

fr334m: looks like ur getting the baisics down pretty well, my advice would be either a to spin slower or bif you wanna string at mach 5 to practice really slowly to get better control of your planes and so that every combo / move you can do gets burned into ur muscle memory that way when ur out and u wanna string supa fast ur body does the stringing for you and you dont have to think about what to do next you can just focus on ur flow and hitting on the beat

ultravioletTW: looks like ur wearing a Green ranger shirt ( i was looking or trying to look at the belt buckle) if so nice and make dragon dagger poi and then make a video of u spinning those! I like the way you balance poi / aerials and wraps in your combos i know this was a short clip so this might not be as applicable but try spining in other planes / areas like utl and btb it'll open up a lot of possibilities for transitions and let you be free to keep tearin it up,

WesLED116: i like your overall flow, looks like uve god the basics down but dont be afaraid to add ur own style, add something to those combos to really make them unique, combos never have to be set in stone, feel free to mix it up on the fly

Joey Noodles: looks like ur coming along with ur stringing as well as i said above though even if you're still learning basics you can still add ur own style

Dance Mashayne: love the way you move around when you string and i like your flow / stringing speed as well keep on doin what your doin. you might be interested in angels wings / mirror combos

spyrius: i liked ur short string stuff just clean ur that transition from short strings -> long -> weave

Luke the orange: love the way you transitioned from wrap turns into traces id love to see more of those " natural' transitions... of that makes sense

en814: love the use of ur colour switches in your combos, itd be cool to see more handle users really start to push the limits on what handles can do

omni: also good grasp of the moves youve got, just for future refrence when ur filming if ur gonna transition from a weave to say a buzz say like you did keep in mind where the camera is, ie turn ur body 90 deg so that ppl can see, for now its not a big deal but later when ur bustin insane combos it helps if ppl can see

melv: its interesting to see how ur style has evolved i remember vids of you only doing wraps my adivice is to post on the forums and submit to the tech blog cuz i know you've got some crazy shit

guinto: i liked ur spiral stall combo i have 2 pieces of advice 1 post on the forums and submit to the tech blog and 2 you like to move around a lot try to incorperate that movement into your stringing more directly, so if you move ur lef or strike a certain pose use that to set u up for a combo like wrappin off that leg or going utl, right now ur body movement looks detached from your stringing if that makes sense, try to harmonize them and that tracer you did just before 4:15 id love to see you incorperate that into more of ur combos

ultravioletTW: looks like ur wearing a Green ranger shirt ( i was looking or trying to look at the belt buckle) if so nice and make dragon dagger poi and then make a video of u spinning those! I like the way you balance poi / aerials and wraps in your combos i know this was a short clip so this might not be as applicable but try spining in other planes / areas like utl and btb it'll open up a lot of possibilities for transitions and let you be free to keep tearin it up,

This is ultraviolettw, I decided to use that name after I already used my generic internet name for the internet. But thanks for responding in detail to everyone! I think Omni has an account here, but I'm not sure if he uses that name. I was definitely wearing a green ranger shirt, thanks for noticing. Maybe one day I'll get myself a pair of dragon dagger and attach them to strings to spin around. I'm still sorta new (not really, 7ish months) to this game, but what are aerials? Also, I'm trying to get down btb wraps right now, and transitioning arms. I have tried zero utl stuff so far though. I might start trying it out though!

By the way I've watched a lot of your videos and you helped me make my LEDs a while back, so thanks and stuff!

melv: its interesting to see how ur style has evolved i remember vids of you only doing wraps my adivice is to post on the forums and submit to the tech blog cuz i know you've got some crazy shit

Thanks!

It's really awesome to see the concept blog pretty active!

This is ultraviolettw, I decided to use that name after I already used my generic internet name for the internet. But thanks for responding in detail to everyone! I think Omni has an account here, but I'm not sure if he uses that name. I was definitely wearing a green ranger shirt, thanks for noticing. Maybe one day I'll get myself a pair of dragon dagger and attach them to strings to spin around. I'm still sorta new (not really, 7ish months) to this game, but what are aerials? Also, I'm trying to get down btb wraps right now, and transitioning arms. I have tried zero utl stuff so far though. I might start trying it out though! By the way I've watched a lot of your videos and you helped me make my LEDs a while back, so thanks and stuff!

so to clarify i meant make prop dragon daggers lol and something that sparrow told me to do with onehand that in retrospect i reaize i used to do with btb and utl when i was first learning them is once uve got the basic move down ( lets say 1 wrap for now) then practice diffrent ways of transitioning in and out of it even if its just for 1 rotation or 1 beat, its a good way to work on ur planes without sitting there and boring your self by spinning in a plane for like half an hour plus it teaches you transitions so that you're not always using same entrance and exit and yeah about anything i wrote its just what i think take it with a grain of salt im not saying you have to go out and learn utl or btb or 1 hand more than anything im just throwing ideas out and imo since it takes all of 7 mins to find a tut for a concept on YT or here and watch it it's a worth while investment to see if its something you wanna try to learn / incorporate you know?

and i hope ur leds worked out alright man truth be told i have horrible luck with LEDs

Thanks! It's really awesome to see the concept blog pretty active!

to quote saito from inception "Don't you want to take a leap of faith? Or become an old man, filled with regret, waiting to die alone" so submit something doesnt have to be something that changes the game just something thats new-ish

totally awesome. looks like everyone had a great time :sm_sleep:

so to clarify i meant make prop dragon daggers lol and something that sparrow told me to do with onehand that in retrospect i reaize i used to do with btb and utl when i was first learning them is once uve got the basic move down ( lets say 1 wrap for now) then practice diffrent ways of transitioning in and out of it even if its just for 1 rotation or 1 beat, its a good way to work on ur planes without sitting there and boring your self by spinning in a plane for like half an hour plus it teaches you transitions so that you're not always using same entrance and exit and yeah about anything i wrote its just what i think take it with a grain of salt im not saying you have to go out and learn utl or btb or 1 hand more than anything im just throwing ideas out and imo since it takes all of 7 mins to find a tut for a concept on YT or here and watch it it's a worth while investment to see if its something you wanna try to learn / incorporate you know?

and i hope ur leds worked out alright man truth be told i have horrible luck with LEDs

No way dude, I'm definitely gonna get real daggers. That's the man way haha. And yeah, I definitely get what you're saying. I started working on one hand shortly after seeing melvenorc12 do them, but since I was also learning how to do... two hand? One on each hand the same time, I've kinda not practiced it that much. But I did learn the one handed weave before the normal 2 and 3 beat weave on accident haha.

My LEDs worked out pretty well, I just need to work on the durability. I can't work on them right now though since I'm at school and I'm not sure about the policy of soldering irons in the dorms right now.

totally awesome. looks like everyone had a great time :sm_sleep:

Everyone definitely did! Well at least it looked that way. I'm pretty sure everyone had a great time.

Yeah.

No way dude, I'm definitely gonna get real daggers. That's the man way haha. And yeah, I definitely get what you're saying. I started working on one hand shortly after seeing melvenorc12 do them, but since I was also learning how to do... two hand? One on each hand the same time, I've kinda not practiced it that much. But I did learn the one handed weave before the normal 2 and 3 beat weave on accident haha.

My LEDs worked out pretty well, I just need to work on the durability. I can't work on them right now though since I'm at school and I'm not sure about the policy of soldering irons in the dorms right now.

Everyone definitely did! Well at least it looked that way. I'm pretty sure everyone had a great time.

Yeah.

i remember whe i loved in a dorm i wasnt allowed to have a rice cooker cuz it was a fire hazard me no gusta, depending on ur program / how strict ur don / residence director is you could just be a bauss and work on em ne ways! but yeah as i said in teh led vid i posted i was having durability problems too, i heard speaker wire is pretty good but i dont know anything about wire gauges or anything like them but im going to try and re build my leds after tuesday cuz im in exams right now... i also have a job interview in less than 8 hours and not a single fuck was given