Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fallen_mercury

Question about doing a Clover

3 posts in this topic

After years I'm back into practicing and the familiar fun of trying to learn some new stuff. I'm currently getting the starting feel of a Clover flower or whatever the exact term is. I've been using Guinto's tutorial (

)

and while I'm fairly sure I have the concept down I want to ask a question that may keep me from wasting time learning something the wrong way. I've only spent maybe 15 minutes trying to get the very basics of the move down so I wanted to ask about the 'side claps'. From the video and description he gives I want to make sure that what im doing on each side is basically the same hand position as if I was doing a butterfly but instead of directly in front my body, my arms are over to the side. I feel that yes that's I'm supposed to be doing that but with a slight thread the needle feel about the overall rotation.

Well for me on the "side claps", when it's the right-side one my left string is above the right, while when it's the left-side "clap" my right string is above the left.

Well for me on the "side claps", when it's the right-side one my left string is above the right, while when it's the left-side "clap" my right string is above the left.

Ok cool I know thats what he was saying but I kept wanting to put my string behind me as if I was doing a turning flower...was causing a brain strain lol. Thanks, good to know I was on the right track before taking a break for the day. I remember wasting way too much time in the past trying to learn a move then find out I was taking the wrong approach