Sign in to follow this  
OutOfControl

It's been a while...

7 posts in this topic

Hello family!

I missed you guys! While I was at White Wonderland just the other day, I realized just how void the Freehanding world is compared to when I first started a few years back. Its incredible to me how much people have dropped off the sticking radar all together. I think its safe to say that at white wonderland there were less than 20 people glow-sticking, and that's a safe bet because I counted 3 total and I assume there were about 7x that many, just hidden out of sight.

SOO! I wanted to reintroduce myself. My name is Out Of Control, my Internet handle is SystemiK (I used to be named as such on this forum back in the day), and I am truely an ataraxist. I like to think my style is somewhere along the lines of drunk meditation. I have made it a habit to zone out while I stick. I avoid eye contact like its my job and I am overall shy when I stick. I like to head to the back of the crowd where the open spaces are. I like to toss wildly and hope my sweeping arm gestures wont close line the people walking past. I like to stall on any part of my body close enough to the stick at the time, and launch it wherever the momentum at the time takes it... All in in all, im a bit out of control.

But thats what I need some help with. :) I plateaued about 4 years ago and haven't learned anything new since. I picked up gloving about that same time and while I love it dearly, its not nearly as grounding as free-handing is. There is NOTHING quite the same as feeling lost in the perfect release of a glow stick, that slow motion, synchronized, precision muscle movements of your arms, legs and body, or catching the impossible toss on the beat like it was made for that song. Gloving is cool, but the fast that I have to perform FOR someone overwhelms me with pressure. With glow-sticking I can just do whatever.

I would like to start making videos of the progress i have made over the last 7 years so I can get some feedback on where to improve, but I have never tried. What do you guys recommend for a cheap camera that can track the lights / backdrop to make the video. How does one inject an audio over the live sound capture? Despite free-handing for a while, I am quite the noob when it comes to showing the world. Are there any alternative companies that make the Hexagonal glow stick shape? The one provider in Canada either changed names, or stopped selling them I think. Its been a while since I bought anything other than the 99 cents store variety.

Hey are you a canadian gs.cer? :o if so greetings my brother and as for buying hex sticks in canada yellow and green "snap lights" ( and maybe orange) are a nice sort of hybrid b/w round and hybrid (75% hex and 25% round) if that makes sense i buy them from surplus stores, but you can also get them at canadian tire /walmart

and whore-ass me enough and ill post a freehand vid just gotta get some stringing footage out to peeps first lol

Well cynicdave must still be around, since the site's still here. When this site started it was pretty much only freehanding. James, The Brothers Chu, Paul.... I miss them.

nobody gets it anymore, && the new crowdd.

whoo, rageliife. r u kidding me : p

shit.

i forgot what thread i was in..

Edited by Dgloww

To OutOfControl, is this something you are still interested in visiting?

quite a while..