Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark262011

New to FreeHand VID

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I am just getting back into spinning and I wanted to get back to my roots. So I started doing some freehand. I've never been as good as most of the vids I've seen but I think I can definitely pick this up. Tell me what you think.

http://www.youtu.be/CKmds1DHl1s

It's too dark to really see anything other than your sticks so I can't really give you any sort of critique. You should film a video with better lighting so we can see what your hands and body are doing. Glowsticks in a dark room may look good in real life but in a video, especially one where you want people to give you advice / critiquing, we need to be able to see what's going on aside from just the movement of the sticks.

Remember that freehanding isn't just about the sticks, it's a dance, so body movement (and being able to see that body movement) counts a lot. Hope to see another vid from you soon. :)

Oh and nice song choice!

It's too dark to really see anything other than your sticks so I can't really give you any sort of critique. You should film a video with better lighting so we can see what your hands and body are doing. Glowsticks in a dark room may look good in real life but in a video, especially one where you want people to give you advice / critiquing, we need to be able to see what's going on aside from just the movement of the sticks.

Remember that freehanding isn't just about the sticks, it's a dance, so body movement (and being able to see that body movement) counts a lot. Hope to see another vid from you soon. :)

Oh and nice song choice!

Thank you very much! That's exactly the kind of stuff I need to hear. I will make a few vids and see how they look with a bit of light.

Also the was "lights" by Klaypex....I have ten of there songs and they all sound about the same if you want them just email me. mark262011@gmail.com