Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Se7iiN

I think I understand..

3 posts in this topic

How you guys feel about crews/school/etc. Although I've come to this realization through shuffling and not glowsticking ^_^

Not exactly the same, but now when I see shuffling videos on youtube and a bunch of people wearing their crew hoodies and what not it kind of ruins it. Or finding some random video of a person shuffling for a talent competition/dancing show/whatever. Not to mention LMFAO.. <- nuff said. Although I still retain my stance that 'battles' still have the potential to be harmless. Just not when it's lame ass "crew vs crew."

Flame on. o-O

Although I still retain my stance that 'battles' still have the potential to be harmless. Just not when it's lame ass "crew vs crew."

Flame on. o-O

1st off - I hate how people think that all GSC members do is "flame". We're not assholes, we're not trying to put you down. We are all just very passionate about glowsticking culture. When people come to our community to tell us how dumb glowsticking culture is, we are obviously not going to respond well... just sayin

All things may have a slight chance to be harmless... if you fall off a 10 story building, there is a chance you may live. But why would you even take that chance?

Just watch -

and the quotes starting at 2:04

so... What is the point? Why do people feel like they need to be "better" than someone else at glowsticking... because that is the way the world is. People are dumb, and people have huge egos. Personally, glowsticking and going to raves are my outlet... a place to get away from all the bullshit in the world, and just be ...normal. My utopia. Glowsticking developed in the rave scene, therefore it shares many of the same values. Everyone is on equal terms and nobody has any more merit than anyone else. By battling, and saying "you are the winner and you are better than everyone else"...it ruins the vibe and purpose of glowsticking to begin with. Just do it for fun man, who cares how "good" you are. It is a dance. People who battle are attention whores who thrive on positive support from other people. Personally, I don't need that. Dance for yourself, not for other people.

it CAN also lead to this

http://www.glowsticking.com/forums/topic/3697-saving-texas/

also with crews and battles people will l"save" move in order to surprise their opponents instead of sharing them with everyone with crews it also means theres those who are "in" and those who are "out" we are about sharing concepts and being friends not battling to see who is good enough to be in a crew also crews start sooooooooooooo much drama

to paraphrase xodiac: within glowsticking itself there are diffrent "styles" from people who are more manip based, wrap based or poi based how are any of those things comparable? it boils down to what individuals think looks better or what seems harder which is subjective, which makes competition pointless becuase winners will be random chance of who can do what ever moves judges like the most. if you do it by technical difficulty thats also somewhat subjective but it also kills the flow, becuase you cant measure or compare how well some one transitions from move to move to a song again because its subjective. and without flow its just a shopping list of moves done in order which kills the art. In the same way that you can't legitimately state that blues as a genre of music is any better or worse than classic rock you cant say any glowsticker is better than another, you cna say you like ones style more than another and thats fine but trying to compare the two dosent work

and why would u post something that you thought was going to start a flame war... unless of course you're a troll