Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bukklee

String Manip Game #3

40 posts in this topic

Since I've learned so much from the previous two versions (thanks to Demo, Trebek, houLiang) I thought I'd start the third edition for some new inspiration.

Quick description of the game:

The manip is built by people adding small additions to the previous part added.

Anyone can play, but you must be able to do all the previous steps in order to add the next one.

No back to back submissions from one person.

Try to show clearly how to do any addition you may add, since they can be intricate at times.

I stole this from Trebek's thread but he sums up the game well in 3 points

RULES

-Make your part not longer then 1-2 new steps to the current manipulation

-Do the whole manipulation in full, then show and be descriptive as to what your adding on, so other people can understand whats going on

-Good camera, lighting, multiple angles make a HUGE difference - so experiment

Here are the links to the two previous versions of this game.

http://www.glowsticking.com/forums/topic/26914-i-had-an-idea-i-wanted-to-share

http://www.glowsticking.com/forums/topic/27123-string-manipulation-game-2/

So here is the first part to the new String Manip Game #3.

It's a little dark but I repeated the process to show more clearly. Dark shirt not the best for filming.

There is no set number of birdies/falcons to do, my part ends anywhere after the thumb is removed from the loop

GO!!!

so because I don't wanna flood my channel with inconsistent game contributions, I was going to make another channel. Strictly for the game. Probably name it "String Manip Game 3" errr whatever. If you wanna use it too and just megaupload me the vid and I'll post em on here. Idk I just sounds.... cleaner for our youtube channels. plus people won't have to go back and forth through video links to find the next and previous parts.

and hizzle it iszzle

First thing: that's a good idea about putting it all onto one Y/T page other than your main channel. That would definetly be easier to do than copy&pasting a bunch of links, but I get bored at times and that's when I generally do all that cleaning up. In the previous versions I put all the parts into one post, kinda like how I've been doing with the Concept Blog.

Second thing: I'm not trying to be OCD here but...what you added technically isn't where I left off.

There is no set number of birdies/falcons to do, my part ends anywhere after the thumb is removed from the loop

This is partially my fault for not filming in desirable location/lighting. The difference is subtle but a difference nonetheless =P

In the way you did it you have your thumb wrapped differently & you didn't remove your thumb from the "loop"

EDIT:::Where your thumb is @:36 thats where I keep it with the string pinched instead of letting the string get on the outside of my thumb.

I'm completely fine with what you added moving forward, I can always refilm the first step whenever I submit next. It's happened in both of the previous two versions of this game, so really it's no big deal. I just wanted to point this out to make sure we're doing the same thing in future posts.

First thing: that's a good idea about putting it all onto one Y/T page other than your main channel. That would definetly be easier to do than copy&pasting a bunch of links, but I get bored at times and that's when I generally do all that cleaning up. In the previous versions I put all the parts into one post, kinda like how I've been doing with the Concept Blog.

Second thing: I'm not trying to be OCD here but...what you added technically isn't where I left off.

This is partially my fault for not filming in desirable location/lighting. The difference is subtle but a difference nonetheless =P

In the way you did it you have your thumb wrapped differently & you didn't remove your thumb from the "loop"

EDIT:::Where your thumb is @:36 thats where I keep it with the string pinched instead of letting the string get on the outside of my thumb.

I'm completely fine with what you added moving forward, I can always refilm the first step whenever I submit next. It's happened in both of the previous two versions of this game, so really it's no big deal. I just wanted to point this out to make sure we're doing the same thing in future posts.

Glad you like the idea, just send me megauploads or I can give you the password to the channel. Whatever works best man.

also, COMPLETE DUMBASSERY on my part. Not gonna lie, i had to watch a lot on a bigass screen to figure out what you were doing, I guess thats as close as I got. And the falcons were just sorta to get my brain going. Sorry though mastah, I won't be doesen it again >_<;

AND I will never submit a video for this thread that dark again, Xetmathson.

Now let's see if anyone else wants to play. In the past people said we started off too quick and they couldn't catch-up in order to contribute. So, I'm gonna wait a bit(day or 2) to add anything.

Looks like it may just be the two of us. maybe Demo?

Post #800

Part 3

I are gonna wait a bit too before I resubmit

ahhhhh.....

Edit. I have an awesome next part. Dunno if I wanna submit it though cause its something I wanna use for manip collab if I end up submitting. But I do have my eye on this game.

is there anybody... out there?

Finals week :/

<3 pink floyd

also, sorry been lazy, I recorded something, but haven't uploaded it, feel free to make part 4, ANYONE.

Batteries are kinda low, but they still did the trick. :T

looks tricky at first glance. I really llike the ending point.

this video rivals mine in darkness, but I think I get the jist

I can't see what you did, but I like that you did it to SNSD <3

I had to press 1 over & over & over & over & over & over...etc

but it can be learned.

This should help also:

Part 1 - needs to be re-shot

Part 4

Been having a hard week from school and life, and then i sow this video again, and tried to cheer myself up, this is what i came up with.

Peakay inspired me to add a new part to my old routine, and DEMO inspired me to do it to Kpop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huhK1cTa8u4

Add a part of that onto the end of mine, and we have a new part. :P

Welp, I learned FreakDeke's part, but I'm still pretty lost on everything else lol.

this thread seems to have gone off track.

Shows that no one can read, nor do they care to. :T

Also, bumping thread, and for fucks sake READ THE OP.