Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lucracy

[Video] Skittle skillz

13 posts in this topic

Another one of these videos.

This "style" is confusing to me. I don't see the appeal.

who keeps telling these kids that this is cool? D: its almost like they're the troll army of gowsticking

hmmm .. o_0

its almost like they're the troll army of gowsticking

I was so proud to see they're used correctly & then BAMM gowsticking.

I was so proud to see they're used correctly & then BAMM gowsticking.

i think that if anyone is going to bring Y-shitt-err stringing here, they have to be wearing a trollface mask, or edit a trollface on their head for it to be accepted here as a legitimate "technique/style/drugged up kid wanting to be cool"

What's up with the instant hating on the video? Maybe this person is just new to stringing. Perhaps if we give them time, encouragement and links to articles and tutorial videos maybe they'll develop a style that's more appealing to you. If they don't, still there's no need to go hating on it. It's all about having fun, right?

What's up with the instant hating on the video? Maybe this person is just new to stringing. Perhaps if we give them time, encouragement and links to articles and tutorial videos maybe they'll develop a style that's more appealing to you. If they don't, still there's no need to go hating on it. It's all about having fun, right?

youve got a point.

however, the one kid i last remember; in particular, was kindasorta crazy, with an awful attitude. and thought he had the most gnarliest concepts in the world;

and from what i could see, there were none. just alot of flailing anddd, some other weird shizzy O_o

If this kid is truly giving it all he has, and is having a good time, more power to him.

idk, maybe some of us are just different, i didnt post a video until i thought i had put a decent dent into glowsticking at that point in time.

Id have to see how this kid talked about his stringing: what he knew, what he wants to learn blah blah, to pass further judgement.

First, I don't trust anyone who can't spell simple words. Remember people, how you type on the internet is like how you talk in real life. If YoU tYpE aLl StUpId LyKe, we assume that you're stupid. You could have your PhD, be a world known scholar, but if you type like an idiot, the assumption is that you are one.

Second, I don't trust videos in the first post to glowsticking.com Welcome to the website. Say hello. Get to know us. Let us get to know you. Read around a bit. You joined the same day that you posted this, so I can't even claim that you were lurking around, reading things, but didn't post any comments.

Third, I don't trust videos that I can't tell what's going on. It's dark. Really dark. I have no clue what your set up is. With a bit of light we'd all be able to see if you were intentionally doing some of these. . . moves (for lack of a better term at the moment) or if you were just flailing around trying not to crotch shot yourself. It'd also be able to give us reference points to your moves. I have no clue if the entire thing was done btb, utl, or anything else like that. I have 0 reference points so I can't comment intelligently about this video.

In review:

Welcome to glowsticking.com. It's nice to see a new face here.

If you'd like a better review, use better lighting, and let us see what you're doing with more than half dead glowsticks and a poorly lit room.

Hope to see you around (although I'm not going to hold my breath if this video is the one and only post that we see from this guy/girl/alien/whatever it is because I have yet to meet it).

You guys are right to be skeptical. In all honesty the only reason I looked at this thread was because the title is sketchy and I wanted to make sure it wasn't something that needed to be moderated. However, I didn't see any leet speak or bad grammar. True, there's no real introduction or description, but I'd rather give the benefit of the doubt to the person (alien? :D ) than start bashing on it for the multitude of newbie mistakes. My first video really wasn't a lot different from this, and if I as a long time member were to have seen me as a new member I would've had a bad impression. But I stuck around. I just needed time, guidance and a little more maturity. If my first video had received replies like the ones in this thread I probably wouldn't have stuck around.

Adrillf made a good reply for a video posted in the manner this one was. I'm sure the poster would much rather read something along those lines than something like "Another one of these videos" or "who keeps telling these kids that this is cool."

It's very likely, as we've seen many times before, that this kid may never come back and that he was just posting it for attention. But what if that's not the case...that's all I'm trying to say.

Lmao, yall think to deep into sh!t. Honestly was tweeking out my mind when I did this; thus the patchy flow, F2ck ups, and like only 30 sec videos. I was standing in a 2x2 cubic area with furniture around. Its just 2 glow sticks tied together on a short string. Kinda like nunchucks. Everything in that vid was done in real time with 1 hand and can be done with both simultaniously once you understand the flow of 4 glowsticks. The string was only 12 in, heh. I like the equilibrium of them connected. Its a better grasp on the momentium of the flow, and you can control the glowsticks much faster, I connect poi together as well, just much longer a heh. Ive been glowsticking for almost 6 years, and this is just a different style which is honestly quite beautiful, and these vids do it no justice. Basically this style incorporates all 5 fingers to control the string. Every way you intwine you fingers will give a different depth, and the fact you must actually "control" the string by knowing what your fingers are doing or they will get tangled as you can see a few times. I like that it can be done fast with the sharp edges,. Fits hip hop well....This is the first time Ive filmed anything, was bored, and messed up like I said, and found this website so I posted it, eh. Mmm, Idk. I see glow dance as kinda like a form of martial arts. Master an art style, then move on to learning others, or make your own style. I know the videos do not agree, but it is kinda hard to explain what can be done. You can always do something new. This actually hard to grasp and become decent with. Even experienced dancers have a problem understanding the flow. Its easier if your good at gloves, but its a whole different concept. Ive been across the country and never seen anything like it, eh and honestly having a blind eye toward what is not "normal art" is a horrible way to think. Even if you think its one of the ugliest things youve ever seen you can still take something from it.

To summarize-

1- You were high and unable to control what you wanted to show us.

2- It was too small of a place to show us what you wanted.

3- This video doesn't do justice to what you wanted to show.

3- We're too close minded to understand the intricate moves that you've come up with that surpass the simplicity of our spinning.

My thoughts-

As a person who focuses solely on handles (that's the name for what you use) you say that there is something always new to add. This I can agree with. However to try to cite your own video as your source for new ideas and new concepts, which you admit is flawed, there is a small problem. How am I to ever learn or take away something new from a (self admitted) drug induced, claustrophobic, poorly made film?

I honestly don't see the beauty within this style from this video. There's a strong chance that it could just be the limitations of the video itself, but I find much more beauty in controlled moves and knowledge of how it all appears to the audience. I will still stand behind my first response to this video, you look like you're flailing around, and I am unable to understand anything that you're doing in the video. To me, one of the aesthetics of glowsticking is the fluidity and flow of the dance is what makes it so unique, and this video lacks any of that flow that can be seen in others.

Next time you post a video I have a few requests-

1- Don't be high

2- Be in an open space

3- Have a well lit room so we can see what is happening.

4- Show what you want to show us (this will require editing of your video, and really isn't as hard as everyone seems to try to say it is).

I have to agree with Adrillf on this one for sure......good points made.