Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Setsuki

[Video] First Glowsticking Video ever! XD

5 posts in this topic

So... I wanted to make a glowsticking video. It's not the greatest... ignore the dog in the background... Although it's mostly freehanding, I attempted to incorporate stringing into the dance. After only 1 week of stringing, this was probably not the wisest decision and I hadn't even mastered weaves yet. XD When I am brave enough to make another video, I will hopefully suck less on the stringing part... and maybe be a little more formulaic on the freehanding. >_> I'm a dancer who likes things that glow and used to freehand all the time (even though I didn't know anyone who was into glowsticking) so.... yeah. And until I discovered this forum, I didn't know that there was this thing known as "culture" and "technique". XD

you clearly were having a good time... mission accomplished.

well said. having fun is all that really matters! yes being good doesn't hurt lol but you are pretty good if that was your first glowsticking video ;o

I didn't realize you were a stringer until the last couple seconds of the video...

But as for your freehanding, try adding tosses! A whole new world awaits your exploration. Also - try searching videos in the downloads center. Pick out moves that people do and try to replicate them!

keep it up with the stringing as well. It takes a lot of hard work!

Glad to see the video :)

you clearly were having a good time... mission accomplished.

^Perfectly worded :)

You tend to use both hands a lot and not focus on a dominate side, which is a great thing to get down early on. Definantly try some tosses when you freehand some without the strings. Also try tracing more than just your upper body some :) Like Jebsax said, try looking at other videos too! And it doesn't matter how short (or long!) of a time you've been glowsticking, there's always more to learn and try and so long as you enjoy it, thats what matters.