Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

illuminatingdonkey

How frequently do you guys string a day?

35 posts in this topic

Like most, I usually do it in bursts of about 20 minutes when the mood strikes me. Like if I'm just listening to a song, sometimes I just stand up from my computer and start stringing. And then I have a core 2 hours every wednesday night when I practice like there is still a tomorrow because I have morning classes.

I practice with my car keys, i have a key-chain tether thing from my paint-balling days. everywhere i go i have at least one poi-like-thing to practice with. doing this also helped with me learning how to move while spinning. i also try to carry my Flowtoys with me everywhere; that way if i have 5 or 10 min to spare i can spin.

I practice with my car keys, i have a key-chain tether thing from my paint-balling days. everywhere i go i have at least one poi-like-thing to practice with. doing this also helped with me learning how to move while spinning. i also try to carry my Flowtoys with me everywhere; that way if i have 5 or 10 min to spare i can spin.

lanyard and keys great way to practice the off hand!

and adding to my earlier post sometimes when its slow at work ill just space out and practice mentally and ive actually come up with a few combos / concepts from that

on and off all day I usually wear my sticks around my neck but I try to practice a few hours every night. I leave my house to do it though, ill go some calm and serene it helps to center me.

ya know! connect with ya soul

when its slow at work ill just space out and practice mentally and ive actually come up with a few combos / concepts from that

I do most of my practicing in my mind now lol

Usually goes something like ill see the concept in my mind, question the physics of it, and suddenly im standing up testing it out for a few minutes before i either break through and find out it was possible or i succumb to the laws of gravity and give up xD

When i was starting out i used to practice for hours and hours everyday, then when i got really comfortable with everything it went down to a couple hours each day

Now i might practice a collective hour each day in 10-20 min quick sessions :P

But honestly thanks to the tech thread im stringing alot more than i thought i would be at 10+ yrs :D

Although im feeling post-performer and more teacher now lol (but thats a good thing IMO)

Depends what mood I'm in and how mush time I have. School holidays, I string heaps but during term I don't string as much.

I've been collectively spinning for a little over 3 years now. The career I'm in took me mostly away from it for about a year, though.

I always have glowsticks in my pocket (I got a pocket, got a pocket full of gloooowstiiiicks) and poi in my purse. <__< And everytime I go out to take a smoke break, I spin. Everyone where I live (it's like a large apartment complex) is used to it, now. Then I usually go out to this old abandoned basketball court, or even in my room in front of my mirror, and spin for about 3-4 hours a night. I usually start off practice with working on my flow. Then I go into some tech and what-not, then go back to incorporating that into flow. I also spin on lunch breaks, if I have the time/chance. I'm always occupoi'd.. <3

im moving into a new place next month. no tv, no xbox. i'll be pulling 6-7hr practices soon, i hope to get ALOT better in these next few months while trying to save up for something, and hopefully i'll get this Led design worked out as well.