Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xetmath

Stringers Battle League

89 posts in this topic

Kinda depressed me, saw it on facebook and was like "implosion eminent".

The part about this video is I noticed glowsticking.com was tagged in it

What are you guys' thoughts on this?

Im not gonna be the guy to explain the tijuana scene. But thats how they are from what ive seen in youtube videos

Im not gonna be the guy to explain the tijuana scene. But thats how they are from what ive seen in youtube videos

So its like texas only toned down?

I'd say that right now, it's worse than Texas because it's more organized & widespread. GSCers have tried to meet with TJ glowstickers time & time again only to find it like talking to brick walls. Brick walls with serious ego problems & inferiority/insecurity complexes.

On a side note, when I saw "battle league," I was like "Pokemon?" and started laughing uncontrollably. Battle league? REALLY? Kids, you have to realize, battling with glowsticks will only ever make you seem like an idiot.

"ORANGE ULTRAS! I CHOOSE YOU!" \o/

I don't like how we're tagged in it :|

We're being associated with this retardedness.

I don't like how we're tagged in it :|

We're being associated with this retardedness.

exactly

they always try to associate with us because they get tons of their resources from GSC. & they want to reach as broad as an audience as possible, to show off & get exposure...

~PRIME EXAMPLE OF TOOLERY~

Tom-toolery... haa word pun

but yeah I've seen some stringers tag some weird stuff in their videos, like other stringers names just to get noticed.

Couldn't that be reported or something?

People see GSC tagged in a battle video, and they associate GSC, and glowsticking in general with battling. I will be PMing "AndySE" to ask him to take the GSC tag off of the video.

Also-- something else that irked me. GSC members commenting on the video with positive feedback. Guys. I realize you are friends with Andy and w/e but c'mon. Didn't the title of the video bother you at all? I just don't understand how you can support people that have morals & values opposite of your own. That is, if you truly do support the culture. But I guess that is just my personal opinion.

Sorry for the standoff-ish nature of this post, but seriously guys. I'm beginning to think people are more interested in getting "better" than they are about the culture. :(

Sorry for the standoff-ish nature of this post, but seriously guys. I'm beginning to think people are more interested in getting "better" than they are about the culture. :(

yeaaaaah they are

The vast majority of people are more interested in getting better than preserving the culture. There's no problem with wanting to better yourself & push yourself, but doing so by throwing the culture under the bus in the process? It's what separates the tools from the idealists.

Yeah. I said it.

The vast majority of people are more interested in getting better than preserving the culture. There's no problem with wanting to better yourself & push yourself, but doing so by throwing the culture under the bus in the process? It's what separates the tools from the idealists.

Yeah. I said it.

wow

I've brought this up when they were doing the stringers elite thing. They were using GSC's name it that as well. I doubt anything will happen.

The real big question....

Who will be in the elite 4?

And I think every battle should begin with the person calling someone out saying "fufufu" or "hohoho."

First of all, the fact that we are tagged in that video is something which is wrong and something which we should try to get changed.

Secondly, the whole "stringers battle league" as a name is just lame.

Also-- something else that irked me. GSC members commenting on the video with positive feedback. Guys. I realize you are friends with Andy and w/e but c'mon. Didn't the title of the video bother you at all? I just don't understand how you can support people that have morals & values opposite of your own. That is, if you truly do support the culture. But I guess that is just my personal opinion.

In response to Jebsax, while I agree that supporting people who have opposite morals and values is a weird and hard to understand act, I don't agree with the idea that commenting: "nice vid andy" or something along those lines equals supporting said people. Hitler was a horrible person with horrible acts and it may be obvious that I don't support the man, it must however also be noted that he helped to solve the unemployement rate before the war and all that.

While I don't agree with the whole battling thing, I can't deny that the kid has a number of sweet moves. Saying this (either here or on youtube) does, in my eyes, not support the person and his morals and values it merely acknowledges the fact that he has learned a few good techniques.

As for our approach to battlers and such, I'm a bit divided on my opinion here. I'd love it if our scene would be battler free, I do however realise that achieving this is an almost impossible task. This does not by any means mean that I think we should just drop our morals and start battling as well, what it does mean however, is that we need to give a very good thought towards our approach of getting people to see (and agree with) our side of the argument. We can do this in the die-hard/hardcore way ("all battlers are evil, we don't want to have anything to do with you, be gone evil demons") or we could take a more relaxed approach. One which entails that we don't accept battlers on GSC, and which entails that we, GSC members, don't battle. However, it also entails that we are open to hanging out with battlers in real life as long as they don't battle us (and preferably also not with other battlers as long as we are around). The latter approach would show people that we are not the elitists which we are often said to be, and that we are open to all people. It also says that, while we don't refuse people, we do refuse certain actions, and as long as people don't do those actions around us, we don't mind hanging out with them.

I myself am in favour of the second approach and I have the feeling that you JB are in favour of the first. This is not to say that people who follow the first way are wrong in their views, I merely say that I have a differing view which in my opinion is worth giving a chance.

As for the whole "why do people comment in a positive way thing", I'd like to hear from those people (Xetmath, Blaaesh, and a third person who's name eludes me at present) why they gave those comments. For all we know, they meant it in a sarcastic way and we didn't pick it up.

Tl;dr? Get a better attention span.

Cheers

i had the same impression when i saw it at firtst until i realized anddySE usually always tags glowsticking.com in his title but i have yet to see him on gsc once. imho i think its just a view booster thing. as rorok said, hes from tijuana and thts theyre own scene but he shouldnt claim gsc if hes a battler nor goes on the site...maybe im wrong and was a member but like ive said ive yet to see him.

As for the whole "why do people comment in a positive way thing", I'd like to hear from those people (Xetmath, Blaaesh, and a third person who's name eludes me at present) why they gave those comments. For all we know, they meant it in a sarcastic way and we didn't pick it up.

My reason for saying "damn bro nice" on the vid is just that I liked the stringing he did. I don't support his battling or that side of that argument. I compliment good stringing when I see it.

If he put up a video of him battling I would completely 180 the tone of the comment. Make it sarcastic or something. Which brings up the point that you never see any videos of people battling. I have only seen two in my entire year of stringing, and they were horrendously old, meaning they know battles are only appealing to other battlers and high kids at the rave. So the tijuana people probably don't post these vids because A: they rarely find anyone else to battle with or B: it would affect how many views they get in their videos

my guess is a combination of the two but mostly the latter.

The real big question....

Who will be in the elite 4?

And I think every battle should begin with the person calling someone out saying "fufufu" or "hohoho."

What about "I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!"?

Disappointed as usual,

especially since they have a variety of interesting concepts and ideas.

but eventually the Real World is going to smack them in the face.

Just like what happened to the Tekno Turtles.....

I guess they think its completely okay to make a FB group and add our members.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/203370033050685/

i just sow that.

and the description

This group is for those of us that like the more competitive side of our art. To seek out potential and maximize it anywhere it may be all over the world. To face one another over FB or in person. If you like to battle or like to watch them, this is the place for you.

Im alittle confused why i see Bad Karakoke and Sean Ess on the Friends list......

"shrugs"

Also the admin, "of course he is from Texas" is that Sonik LED guy.... the LED sticks FakeShot was blabbing videos about a few weeks ago.. or a month..

Juany:

"Im alittle confused why i see Bad Karakoke and Sean Ess on the Friends list......

"shrugs""

This:

Sean Ess and Kevin Karaoke were added to Stringers Battle League."

They were added. If they joined, it would of said joined.

Sketchy that its the LED guy, i thought it would been andy, this is really strange.

Juany:

"Im alittle confused why i see Bad Karakoke and Sean Ess on the Friends list......

"shrugs""

This:

Sean Ess and Kevin Karaoke were added to Stringers Battle League."

They were added. If they joined, it would of said joined.

Sketchy that its the LED guy, i thought it would been andy, this is really strange.

LOL, i hate facebook.

Texas and TIjuana joining forces im guessing?

More bad water and Burritos... FFFFFING A