Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor3

thoughts on my stringing?

13 posts in this topic

so yeah, just shy of a month in actual days of practice [due to a 10 day trip to the beach]

what do you guys think? -- zin and a few other people you guys saw one of the other videos i made last night i tried making this one in a better lit area...anyway...ill make one today some time around dusk...so..what do you guys think?

again, i apologize for the poor lighting

so yeah, just shy of a month in actual days of practice [due to a 10 day trip to the beach]

what do you guys think? -- zin and a few other people you guys saw one of the other videos i made last night i tried making this one in a better lit area...anyway...ill make one today some time around dusk...so..what do you guys think?

again, i apologize for the poor lighting

dear god...my right hand sucks on thoes windmills...yep...im going to fix that...so anything else besides that? lol

you're looking good! Just keep practicing. It is hard to tell you exactly what to do next, but I would suggest finding videos of other glowstickers that you like and try to emulate them. Also, if you haven't already, check out Furinax's overview video -- that is, if you're interested in learning some more advanced moves.

you have some good aerial moves down, now try to form some cool wrap combos!

Your strings looked just a tad too long. It may be just the way you are holding them, but make sure when you wrap the strings all the way around your hand, the stick lands right in your palm.

cheers

Just checked out the vid. Great job on your 1 mo video. I've still only been doin this like 2 weeks, so I'm lookin' forward to see how much more progress I can make the rest of this first month. Keep up the great work ^_^

you're looking good! Just keep practicing. It is hard to tell you exactly what to do next, but I would suggest finding videos of other glowstickers that you like and try to emulate them. Also, if you haven't already, check out Furinax's overview video -- that is, if you're interested in learning some more advanced moves.

you have some good aerial moves down, now try to form some cool wrap combos!

Your strings looked just a tad too long. It may be just the way you are holding them, but make sure when you wrap the strings all the way around your hand, the stick lands right in your palm.

cheers

yeah ive seen the video, its pretty great, im working on full body crossers, antispun flowers, buzzsaw fountains, and uh...i think a few more lol plus in this video i did a full body crosser you just cant tell

Just checked out the vid. Great job on your 1 mo video. I've still only been doin this like 2 weeks, so I'm lookin' forward to see how much more progress I can make the rest of this first month. Keep up the great work ^_^

thanks for the props man, im making another one tonight with better lighting so hopefully you guys will like it lol

do you have any videos up?

@Thor3

No videos yet. Right now I'm really just exploring movement possibilities with myself and the strings. Last night I spent about 4 hours toying around with just moving and dancing while keeping the poi moving. Funny thing was I unlocked orbitals while I was at it, so now I can actually (roughly albeit) do some orbitals. I was working on getting the poi to flip off each other, sort of an almost orbital, but instead they just twist around each other once or twice and then keep spinning as before. As soon as I'm off work I'll play some more.

When I get to the one month point though, I might put a video up just so I can track my progress. ^_^

We should keep each other accountable, make sure we're continuing to make progress and not hitting plateaus-that's healthy, right?

@Thor3

No videos yet. Right now I'm really just exploring movement possibilities with myself and the strings. Last night I spent about 4 hours toying around with just moving and dancing while keeping the poi moving. Funny thing was I unlocked orbitals while I was at it, so now I can actually (roughly albeit) do some orbitals. I was working on getting the poi to flip off each other, sort of an almost orbital, but instead they just twist around each other once or twice and then keep spinning as before. As soon as I'm off work I'll play some more.

When I get to the one month point though, I might put a video up just so I can track my progress. ^_^

We should keep each other accountable, make sure we're continuing to make progress and not hitting plateaus-that's healthy, right?

no fair, i still cant do orbitals [without doing a string manip] or air wraps( the official name of the move when they flip off each other)

also, guys

i just finished filming my daylight videos so...yeah, stay tuned just need to figure out which one is the best one ahha

Good for just starting just don't forget practice does make perfect and the longer you practice the better you'll get, obviously. One thing you'll find out soon is that, everyone has their own style, you just need to find yours.

Good for just starting just don't forget practice does make perfect and the longer you practice the better you'll get, obviously. One thing you'll find out soon is that, everyone has their own style, you just need to find yours.

im actually sorta curious to see what my style is going to be, just since i know all these random moves lol...right now, ive got to say this guy

and this guy

are my two favorite stringers, just because the style is so unique, i guess we'll see what happens x.x

Good job man, if I were to give you a list of what to learn next it would go

Alternating (going from one side of your body to the other) waist wraps

Shotguns

Polyrhythm

Meltdowns

In the middle of learning all that you'll get down more wrap combos, also when toying around with shotguns you'll discover the more versatile buzzsaw (shotgun, then use that new length) and you'll start to learn about in-spin and anti-spin buzzsaws.

I say this all, of course, with the understanding that you'll spend months learning these; they aren't easy. You seem well off now so it shouldn't be that much of a problem :D

Good job man, if I were to give you a list of what to learn next it would go

Alternating (going from one side of your body to the other) waist wraps

Shotguns

Polyrhythm

Meltdowns

In the middle of learning all that you'll get down more wrap combos, also when toying around with shotguns you'll discover the more versatile buzzsaw (shotgun, then use that new length) and you'll start to learn about in-spin and anti-spin buzzsaws.

I say this all, of course, with the understanding that you'll spend months learning these; they aren't easy. You seem well off now so it shouldn't be that much of a problem :D

actually its weird you should mention polyrythms and shotguns, im working on both right now [as well as the btb rev 3bt almost got it] hahah weird world!

but im actually focused on learning this move

3:14 - 3:20 if you happen to know anything about that buzzsaw orbital transition thing hes doing PLEASE let me know, im dying to learn it...actually, ive stopped working on everything else to try and nail this move lol

I like the video! Damn I'm impressed XD That's really good for a month. I didn't start working on BTB stuff until around 3 or 4 months in.

I'd recommend getting a little more creative with some combos, incorporate your legs and even neck more as well as your arms.

Also maybe work on your windmills a bit, try and get your wrists closer to each other.

Other than that everything looked pretty good.

Nice job

actually its weird you should mention polyrythms and shotguns, im working on both right now [as well as the btb rev 3bt almost got it] hahah weird world!

but im actually focused on learning this move

3:14 - 3:20 if you happen to know anything about that buzzsaw orbital transition thing hes doing PLEASE let me know, im dying to learn it...actually, ive stopped working on everything else to try and nail this move lol

Well it's actually a string manipulation. You start off in a link catch, then (with your hands positioned right) you do a flight spiral, then when it comes apart you pull and it does an orbital. If need be I can give you a tutorial on it but it's really kinda advanced.

I like the video! Damn I'm impressed XD That's really good for a month. I didn't start working on BTB stuff until around 3 or 4 months in.

I'd recommend getting a little more creative with some combos, incorporate your legs and even neck more as well as your arms.

Also maybe work on your windmills a bit, try and get your wrists closer to each other.

Other than that everything looked pretty good.

Nice job

thanks hardflow! i appreciate the props!

got any ideas for better combos? i suck at making them lol and i just learned a leg -> neck -> leg wrap dealio so thats a step in the right direction

hmm, would the wrists closer together help make both sides of the windmill more even? i didnt even know the back half of my windmills were off axis until i saw this video, lol ive been working on it, but yeah, ugh, nothing worse than trying to fix muscle memory ;(

Well it's actually a string manipulation. You start off in a link catch, then (with your hands positioned right) you do a flight spiral, then when it comes apart you pull and it does an orbital. If need be I can give you a tutorial on it but it's really kinda advanced.

well, im dying to learn this move, and if you break it down right, then even a n00b like me should be able to get the move with practice lol

but for what its worth, i can already to the flight spiral i just cant do the other parts of the move ahhaha but yeah, a tutorial would be really REALLY appreciated